Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Got my first package via Parcel Motel today, can recommend highly, delivered quicker than expected, thank you very much, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Don't know of this has been posted already.

For those people who like me only got two free Deliveries.

How to get a third for free.

To get you started, Online Shopping Ireland have a special offer for you. Normally, your first 2 visits to the Parcel Motel are free … but we’ve negotiated a 3rd FREE visit after you register. Just register, then email your Parcel Motel ID with the code PARMX1214 to promotions@parcelmotel.com and credit for a 3rd stay will be added to your account.

Ref site.
    http://www.online-shopping-ireland.com/special-offer-parcel-motel/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't registered yet - was gonna wait til Sligo was added - but might just register.

Any expiration date on free stays?

• I don't think so Basq. I am in the same boat as you but I went ahead and registered. Saw nothing about them expiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

When will the Cork motels be opening soon. Im seeing these Nightline delivery vans everywhere at the moment.

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    When will the Cork motels be opening soon. Im seeing these Nightline delivery vans everywhere at the moment.
    Yep, was stuck behind one on the way home. Their depot is on my way home from work so be even handier if the Sligo one was there (*hint hint Orla*).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Basq wrote: »
    Haven't registered yet - was gonna wait til Sligo was added - but might just register.

No expiration on the free stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Basq wrote: »

When registering you must select a default Motel. Dam, none to select outside of DUblin Yet.

maximoose wrote: »
    Selling a few bits and bobs on adverts.ie and it got me thinking, I wonder would it be feasible at some point in the future to have a parcel drop off option? For a charge of course...

e.g. I sell an item to another parcel motel user, I go to my local motel and type in the buyers PM ID, drop off parcel and its then moved over to their local motel for pick up. Price of registered post with An Post is a bit of a joke and it would be a handy way of secure delivery!

Sorry, I must have missed this post earlier. The good news is, we will have a "Send" function on the Parcel Motels so you will be able to use it to send parcels to other PM users or any address. We hope to have this available early in the new year.

Cork motels coming soon, in the next 2 months, get the shopping list ready!

• Advertisement

When registering you must select a default Motel. Dam, none to select outside of DUblin Yet.

You can change your motel location at any time so if you choose one in Dublin now and you want to change it to Sligo later, you can easily do so by logging in and changing your selection.

• I have my eBay and Amazon address book all set up and ready to go Orla. No more getting shafted on postage from the UK or missing out on UK only offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

2nd time now i've been to collect my parcel in newbridge and the bloke that owns the car garage where the motel is has cars he has for sale backed right up to the machine making it hard to get to it.

I have my eBay and Amazon address book all set up and ready to go Orla. No more getting shafted on postage from the UK or missing out on UK only offers.

Great news Dario Inexpensive Teaspoonful! Happy shopping!

2nd time now i've been to collect my parcel in newbridge and the bloke that owns the car garage where the motel is has cars he has for sale backed right up to the machine making it hard to get to it.

Thanks for letting us know, we'll do what we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just registered there, and sent off for my free third stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Sorry, I must have missed this post earlier. The good news is, we will have a "Send" function on the Parcel Motels so you will be able to use it to send parcels to other PM users or any address. We hope to have this available early in the new year.

That will be very handy indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Just got my first parcel this morning. This is a fantastic service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Orla, what time does the parcel have to arive at the NI sorting office for it to be delivered to Dublin?

Royal mail is showing its out for delivery now, so hopefully it will make it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That is brilliant stuff, will make sending stuff in Ireland so much easier :)

N64 wrote: »
    Orla, what time does the parcel have to arive at the NI sorting office for it to be delivered to Dublin?

Royal mail is showing its out for delivery now, so hopefully it will make it! :)

Any time before close of business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cash4clothes

Any time before close of business today.

Hi Orla,

If my item is arrived at NI on Friday, do you have a Saturday morning delivery to the boxes in Dublin?

Hi Orla,

If my item is arrived at NI on Friday, do you have a Saturday morning delivery to the boxes in Dublin?

Yes, if we get it in Belfast on Friday, it will be delivered by 7am on Saturday.

Sorry, we can only put one parcel in each locker. Amazon usually give you the option to consolidate your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Recieved my first parcel in new bridge earlier in the week without any difficulty. This is an amazing service and one I will definately use in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Got my Parcel Motel card in the post this morning. Handy to have the 2 addreses on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Ordered a hard drive off amazon yesterday with next day delivery(free one month trial if u sign up for prime and you can cancel within the month) to the northen ireland address.

Will let you know how quick it gets to me

• Got my extra €3.50 credit today! Lovely! Thanks Parcel Motel. Thanks "Sharp". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Got my extra €3.50 credit today! Lovely! Thanks Parcel Motel. Thanks "Sharp". :)

Was suprised by the speed of being credited myself.

Orla must be run off her feet :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement