Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭josip

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    did you send a parcel or what?

Usually my parcels get scanned in NI before noon and they are in the PM in Waterford by 1am.

No, I was receiving one in a Dublin motel on the 8th, but the motel was full and so it want back to the depot.
    (Parcel Motel don't send an update if the motel is full.)
    At that point it became a game of Discover Ireland.
    It made it to the depot last night and Parcel Motel have refunded the cost of the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

My parcel was due to be delivered to my local motel this afternoon (which was unusual as apart from at Christmas time, they've also delivered the evening/night of the same day it arrives in the North). However the tracking showed it as being 'Not delivered' a few minutes after it was due to be delivered. It has since gone back to the depot.

Has this happened to anyone here before? The only reason I can think of is that the lockers are all full.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I know it's probably been asked before, but what's the story with customs and Parcel Motel? Like, if I order something for €100, and Revenue in the UK catches it, what way do I get notified, if at all, that there's duty or whatever due on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I know it's probably been asked before, but what's the story with customs and Parcel Motel? Like, if I order something for €100, and Revenue in the UK catches it, what way do I get notified, if at all, that there's duty or whatever due on it?

PM dont accept items that have a customs charge. It gets rejected and returned to sender/destroyed.

EDIT: Also, wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 stephmcd

Hi I'm new here and looking for some advice.

Ordered a Hoover from Ebay via Dyson using parcel motel. My tracking has shown as delivered since yesterday morning but nothing is showing in my parcel motel account.

Just wondering how long before it shows in my account that they have it?

Just worried it's gone missing or I am worrying over nothing?

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭deezell

stephmcd wrote: »

Ordered a Hoover from Ebay via Dyson using parcel motel. My tracking has shown as delivered since yesterday morning but nothing is showing in my parcel motel account.

Thanks all

Probably. if it has your PMID on it you'll get a ping when it's brought down to Dublin and scanned for onward delivery, so if it was in the north yesterday morning, it would have made to Dublin by evening, and is probably now in the pile for scanning. AFAIK they don't scan in Newtownabbey, they just send everything down to the Northside Dublin depot which can handle the volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

stephmcd wrote: »

Thanks all

Yeah that sounds normal. I wouldn't worry,You'll most likely hear something today or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stephmcd

Yeah that sounds normal. I wouldn't worry,You'll most likely hear something today or tomorrow

Thanks to yourself and the above poster for the advice I will relax now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I appreciate this is probably covered in the previous 700 odd pages........

I want to buy an item which is free postage to mainland uk, but £15 to parcelmotel in NI. Any way around this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭deezell

Hoboo wrote: »

I want to buy an item which is free postage to mainland uk, but £15 to parcelmotel in NI. Any way around this?

Short answer, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

deezell wrote: »
    Short answer, no.

Use Address Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You can use Addresspal from Anpost, they have a mainland address, they charge €3.75 you collect from your selected post office. Careful with over size items they charge €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Try addresspal - they have a UK mainland address - there is a thread here about them too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sound, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Well Parcel motel have lost another parcel on me, 6 weeks and no sign of it, last tracking they have one of their drivers collected it but never delivered it to my Motel, it was missing my PMID, was only worth €35 but after 4 weeks they eventually promised to refund me, 2 weeks have now passed since that promise and they have now cut contact with me.
    I've given up using them, that's twice now, the last time it took over 6 months to get compensation for a parcel they clearly destroyed in transit.
    Going to try parcelwizard by DPD instead and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 raimiska

What is correct way to put in the PMxxxxxx in my aressline when shipping something from amazon.co.uk to UK parcel motel address?
    Would this be correct?
    PMXXXXXX1 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    NEWTOWNABBEY, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

Asking because when i put up the address it gave me a corrected address without my PM

raimiska wrote: »
    What is correct way to put in the PMxxxxxx in my aressline when shipping something from amazon.co.uk to UK parcel motel address?
    Would this be correct?
    PMXXXXXX1 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    NEWTOWNABBEY, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

Asking because when i put up the address it gave me a corrected address without my PM

PMxxxxxxxx raimiska
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

raimiska wrote: »

Ignore Amazon's "correction", and leave it as entered. They did the same to me, but I proceeded with the address that includes the PM ID. Amazon did the same for my Address Pal address. It seems to auto-fill based on the postcode, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I want to collect a parcel from someone else using parcel motel. Basically they can drop it into a parcel motel where they are and it will arrive in my local parcel motel.

I figured that this would be simple if I registered a send a parcel and sent it to myself. Then send the label to the person that I want to collect from. However I see that the parcel label says collection Rathfarnham which is not where the collection is, this is my local depot. I have no idea where the collection is and really dont care as long as its another parcel motel.

Is there any way to do this, I'm sure plenty of people have this requirement. Collect from someone else.

Any thoughts

• Advertisement

onedmc wrote: »
    I want to collect a parcel from someone else using parcel motel. Basically they can drop it into a parcel morel where they are and it will arrive in my local parcel motel.

I figured that this would be simple if I registered a send a parcel and sent it to myself. Then send the label to the person that I want to collect from. However I see that the parcel label says collection Rathfarnham which is not where the collection is, this is my local depot. I have no idea where the collection is and really dont care as long as its another parcel motel.

Is there any way to do this, I'm sure plenty of people have this requirement. Collect from someone else.

Any thoughts

a) create a second account
    b) move your account with the topup balance to where you want to leave the parcel.
    c) generate the label as sending it to your second account
    d) deliver the label to the sender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Parcel Motel (Nightline) bought by UPS

https://fora.ie/nightline-ups-sale-3370425-May2017/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Nift

Parcel Motel have mislaid my item for past seven days. Very expensive item. Wrong package ended up in my locker and now they can't find correct item. Doing a depot search.

If they don't compensate despite having extended liability, what's the best recourse. Small claims court?

I'm fuming, the contempt they have shown me is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Nift wrote: »
    Parcel Motel have mislaid my item for past seven days. Very expensive item. Wrong package ended up in my locker and now they can't find correct item. Doing a depot search.

If they don't compensate despite having extended liability, what's the best recourse. Small claims court?

Presumably / hopefully you had registered the items value with them beforehand?
    If not, I'd say you're only going to be covered up to the standard amount (€100 iirc)

I agree with you about their customer service by the way, which is why I switched to Parcel Wizard.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Presumably / hopefully you had registered the items value with them beforehand?
    If not, I'd say you're only going to be covered up to the standard amount (€100 iirc)

I agree with you about their customer service by the way, which is why I switched to Parcel Wizard.

Well its not clear in their set up at all, hidden under all of it. I had but they are indicating not in time or notified correctly. But i have it in writing from one of their reps that they will honor it which has now been contradicted by somebody else there.

I'll take legal advice and make a claim in small claims and highlight as much as i can on social media/ consumer affairs/irish times etc if they pawn me off with 100 euro.

Funnily enough 2 days later the very same item appears on a popular advert website at discounted price. I'm just being paranoid of course.

Item was mislabeled, and i got wrong package. Surely breaking their T and C's themselves somwehere, contract etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Well its not clear in their set up at all, hidden under all of it.

I'll take legal advice and make a claim in small claims and burn them as much as i can on social media/ consumer affairs/irish times etc.

My sympathies, but they're unlikely to be swayed by a bit of negative publicity after the furore over not paying their own workers promised bonuses, and of letting hundreds of customers down over Christmas (both of which made it as far as Joe Duffy), were ignored by them..

UsedToWait wrote: »
    My sympathies, but they're unlikely to be swayed by a bit of negative publicity after the furore over not paying their own workers promised bonuses, and of letting hundreds of customers down over Christmas (both of which made it as far as Joe Duffy), were ignored by them..

I know but seems to be alot of people take it lying down. One thread people not even ringing using email etc.

Down to the depot, highlight everywhere etc etc.

Nothing to be lost by doing that. They have already screwed me over causing me stress and worry.

Again on same thread people wondering about twitter etc.

Joe Duffy...Social Media is the new Joe Duffy.

that's mad.....wonder do you live in Galway?
    I got the wrong package in my locker over the weekend - I am in Co Meath and the parcel was for someone in Co Galway ..and I was charged for this delivery too!! My biggest worry is that a parcel I was waiting on has now gone to this person instead??

I rang them.....they apologised and emailed me a returns label for the wrong parcel plus refunded me the fee.

I hope the poor buyer in Galway has got it since!

that's mad.....wonder do you live in Galway?
    I got the wrong package in my locker over the weekend - I am in Co Meath and the parcel was for someone in Co Galway ..and I was charged for this delivery too!! My biggest worry is that a parcel I was waiting on has now gone to this person instead??

I rang them.....they apologised and emailed me a returns label for the wrong parcel plus refunded me the fee.

I hope the poor buyer in Galway has got it since!

I'm in Dublin, but don't know what label they put on the UPS box. Amount of cock ups in process is unreal.

Exact same thing but they scanned twice last Thursday, charged twice, rang and they canceled correct package in depot and then sent me a wrong one. I knew immediately when i got txt same day...they never deliver same day. Item i got was protein powder, my correct item should have been an expensive item being sent back from repairs (not even through the NI depot and which perhaps had the manufacturer somewhere on box - well known brand) so i put wrong box back in locker and that's when my nightmare started. Was then meant to be out for delivery on Friday, then Saturday. All bloody lies.

Literally sick over this...i'll never use them again. Feel like an idiot but its been compounded by their absolute contempt for me.

Oh and i've been charged too...

• Advertisement

I'm in Dublin, but don't know what label they put on the UPS box. Amount of cock ups in process is unreal.

Exact same thing but they scanned twice last Thursday, charged twice, rang and they canceled correct package in depot and then sent me a wrong one. I knew immediately when i got txt same day...they never deliver same day. Item i got was protein powder, my correct item should have been an expensive item being sent back from repairs (not even through the NI depot and which perhaps had the manufacturer somewhere on box - well known brand) so i put wrong box back in locker and that's when my nightmare started. Was then meant to be out for delivery on Friday, then Saturday. All bloody lies.

Literally sick over this...i'll never use them again. Feel like an idiot but its been compounded by their absolute contempt for me.

Oh and i've been charged too...

sounds to me like they got a ton of new staff in and forgot to train them.........or they were all on the piss the night before!!

Its beyond annoying to have someone else's goods show up in your locker and have absolutely no idea where your stuff has gone. I'm gonna move if there are any more cock ups. Cant afford this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement