Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Well whatever happens price wise I hope they establish an easy to use means of support for when users have issues. One that is actually policed with a timely turnaround.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Bit of a strange question but I have a balance of 2.10 in my parcel motel, if I add my debit card before my next delivery will I be charged the full €3.95 or only €1.95?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Conchy wrote: »
    Bit of a strange question but I have a balance of 2.10 in my parcel motel, if I add my debit card before my next delivery will I be charged the full €3.95 or only €1.95?

You'll be charged the difference so €1.85 once the parcel is checked in

• Registered Users Posts: 24,347 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

looking to place order with argos uk and ship to PM

need uk phone number on the form - is there a phone number I can use for parcel motel? Or should I just stick in any old number and rely on email?

Apologies if this has been asked before - but with all due respect I'm not searching through 629 pages.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    looking to place order with argos uk and ship to PM

need uk phone number on the form - is there a phone number I can use for parcel motel? Or should I just stick in any old number and rely on email?

Apologies if this has been asked before - but with all due respect I'm not searching through 629 pages.

A quick search for phone in this thread:
    deezell wrote:
    PM give this phone number to use.
    028 9084 8411
    As for losing the PM ID, try putting it in a different line of the address, say after ' McKinney rd'

A quick search for phone in this thread:

cheers

for future ref - how do you search within thread?

Just above first post on the right 'Thread Tools' 'Search This Thread' and 'Rate this Thread'

that worked fine - cheers

nowtv box with 4 month kid's pass delivered for ?19

now to create an account with my mother in law's uk address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Are there big delays at the minute getting stuff from NI to locker? Delivery signed for in Antrim and no sign of it yet on the PM dashboard

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    Are there big delays at the minute getting stuff from NI to locker? Delivery signed for in Antrim and no sign of it yet on the PM dashboard

When was it signed in? I haven't noticed any delays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Normally only takes a few hours for me, had stuff arrive last week and was updated within 4 hours. I have something due to arrive today so will check it in a while and see.

When was it signed in? I haven't noticed any delays.

Ya it was signed for on Wednesday of last week

Ya it was signed for on Wednesday of last week

Something must be wrong then. Everything for me has been checked in the same day.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Normally only takes a few hours for me, had stuff arrive last week and was updated within 4 hours. I have something due to arrive today so will check it in a while and see.

It was signed for nearly a week ago. I have the signature here from Royal Mail on their tracking.

Something must be wrong then. Everything for me has been checked in the same day.

Balls anyway. I logged a support ticket. Does anyone from PM monitor this thread?

I had something marked as delivered by sender on Friday - PM have no notion about it. Having to get it resent.

I had something marked as delivered by sender on Friday - PM have no notion about it. Having to get it resent.

Are they covering the cost of it?

Are they covering the cost of it?

the sender is - it's possible however that the sender's courier ballsed up because he took a picture of some notice claiming that the facility would open again on Monday.

Parcel Motel are apparently manned 24/7 so they have no idea what notice the courier took a picture of.

it was an Argos courier.

the sender is - it's possible however that the sender's courier ballsed up because he took a picture of some notice claiming that the facility would open again on Monday.

Parcel Motel are apparently manned 24/7 so they have no idea what notice the courier took a picture of.

it was an Argos courier.

Mine is Ebay and Hermes/Royal Mail Tracked. I have a signature too but cant tell if it was PM or not.

• Advertisement

Mine is Ebay and Hermes/Royal Mail Tracked. I have a signature too but cant tell if it was PM or not.

Hermes are a disaster... I would almost put my house on it that any breakdown in the delivery was down to Hermes...

Self employed lads earning buttons to race about the place delivering packages. These guys aren't professionals. That company is a joke.

I sink in my chair every time I realise that a sender for something I ordered is using Hermes..

At best slow - at worst - disappearing packages

Hermes are a disaster... I would almost put my house on it that any breakdown in the delivery was down to Hermes...

Self employed lads earning buttons to race about the place delivering packages. These guys aren't professionals. That company is a joke.

I sink in my chair every time I realise that a sender for something I ordered is using Hermes..

At best slow - at worst - disappearing packages

Ah balls anyway. Its small value but its the hassle now getting this sorted that ticks me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Therock18

Delighted to find this thread, so informative! :)

I'm just after to signing up to PM because lately I've starting buying numerous items online through different sites and it will work out a lot cheaper. I've also recently turned down the opportunity of buying a number of items through eBay and Amazon as it stated 'UK Delivery only'... feel foolish now considering this service is on my doorstep.

I do have 2 quick question to ask: 1) It states on their site that it costs from €3.95 per stay for collecting and from €4.50 per stay for sending. So, for example, if I purchase an item from Advert.ie that dimension wise is within their 'Small Locker Size' am I correct in saying that the seller will pay €4.50 to send and I would pay €3.95 for collection therefore costing me a total of €8.45 for delivery? (NOTE: I am basing this on sending PM to another PM).

2) In terms of sending, it again states on their site that the cost to 'Send from a Parcel Motel to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland' is €6.50 for small locker, €7.50 for medium locker and €8.50 for large locker. However, also stated on their site is that their 'New Address Delivery' starts from €7.95 for a parcel up to 41 ? 38 ? 64 cm and a maximum weight is 10 kg (i.e. Large Locker). Am i missing something obvious or does this not add up?

Thanks in advance!

Therock18 wrote: »
    Delighted to find this thread, so informative! :)

I'm just after to signing up to PM because lately I've starting buying numerous items online through different sites and it will work out a lot cheaper. I've also recently turned down the opportunity of buying a number of items through eBay and Amazon as it stated 'UK Delivery only'... feel foolish now considering this service is on my doorstep.

I do have 2 quick question to ask: 1) It states on their site that it costs from €3.95 per stay for collecting and from €4.50 per stay for sending. So, for example, if I purchase an item from Advert.ie that dimension wise is within their 'Small Locker Size' am I correct in saying that the seller will pay €4.50 to send and I would pay €3.95 for collection therefore costing me a total of €8.45 for delivery? (NOTE: I am basing this on sending PM to another PM).

2) In terms of sending, it again states on their site that the cost to 'Send from a Parcel Motel to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland' is €6.50 for small locker, €7.50 for medium locker and €8.50 for large locker. However, also stated on their site is that their 'New Address Delivery' starts from €7.95 for a parcel up to 41 ? 38 ? 64 cm and a maximum weight is 10 kg (i.e. Large Locker). Am i missing something obvious or does this not add up?

Thanks in advance!

the sending is to allow you to send items through parcel motel..

The cost to have PM receive something for you and take it to your local collection centre is 3.95.

the sending is to allow you to send items through parcel motel..

The cost to have PM receive something for you and take it to your local collection centre is 3.95.
    Thanks for the reply!

Yes I realise the sending is to allow you to send items through parcel motel but if you are sending to physical address it's telling me €6.50-small locker, €7.50-medium locker, €8.50-large locker. Further down the page it's telling me 'Address Delivery' starts from €7.95?

Ok, so in relation to my example of buying from Adverts, postage would only be €3.95 in total.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I realise the sending is to allow you to send items through parcel motel but if you are sending to physical address it's telling me €6.50-small locker, €7.50-medium locker, €8.50-large locker. Further down the page it's telling me 'Address Delivery' starts from €7.95?

Ok, so in relation to my example of buying from Adverts, postage would only be €3.95 in total.

no - you still have to pay the sender whatever their delivery costs are (hopefully zero as with a lot of things with Amazon etc)

What you pay to PM for bringing the package down from Bellfawst (or their Dublin depot) is 3.95

Be interesting to see what Brexit does to our relationships with PM and Amazon..

no - you still have to pay the sender whatever their delivery costs are (hopefully zero as with a lot of things with Amazon etc)

What you pay to PM for bringing the package down from Bellfawst (or their Irish depot) is 3.95

Be interesting to see what Brexit does to our relationships with PM and Amazon..
    Ok, I have you now. Thanks for clearing that part up. :)

Agreed, very interesting to see what happens post Brexit.

I must apologise for the Irish depot bit..

Of course Belfast and Dublin are both Irish depots..

:D I got what you meant though... their N.Ireland and Rep. Ireland depots.

BTW any idea on the delivery to an address rates I mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

:D I got what you meant though... their N.Ireland and Rep. Ireland depots.

BTW any idea on the delivery to an address rates I mentioned?

You can find the rates on the website.

But you should also look at parcel Wizard, similar idea as parcel motel but they deliver to your selected address or Collection point (store, petrol station, etc)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement