Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Therock18

nava wrote: »
    You can find the rates on the website.

But you should also look at parcel Wizard, similar idea as parcel motel but they deliver to your selected address or Collection point (store, petrol station, etc)
    Thanks for the link but I think you maybe misinterpret my previous posts. I have already been on the rates section but puzzled by the following:

AF1QipMHaqxaCT9jvHq-gewAU7h8qkoMpVYKKFijDt8K

I will for sure look into parcel Wizard, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Peesh89

Hi guys,
    Partner got an email from parcel motel saying the parcel has been held for inspection by customs?
    20 mins later got an email saying the usual "parcel has arrived at HQ... allow 24 ours for parcel to be delivered" etc

Still hasn't received text/email with PIN or anything and was over 24hrs, would it still be with customs even though we got the "parcel has arrived at HQ" mail?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Therock18 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link but maybe you misinterpret my previous point...
    Parcel Motel Snapshot

I will for sure look into parcel Wizard, cheers!

That parcel delivery is when you get a parcel you can get it deliver to you at that price.

The sending parcel is when you send a parcel to Ireland or UK, you drop it to your selected locker and they deliver it at prices below below, for Small, Medium or Large.

Send from a Parcel Motel to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland €6.50 €7.50 €8.50
    Send from a Parcel Motel to the UK* €14.50 €15.50 €16.50

nava wrote: »
    That parcel delivery is when you get a parcel you can get it deliver to you at that price.

The sending parcel is when you send a parcel to Ireland or UK, you drop it to your selected locker and they deliver it at prices below below, for Small, Medium or Large.

Send from a Parcel Motel to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland €6.50 €7.50 €8.50
    Send from a Parcel Motel to the UK* €14.50 €15.50 €16.50
    Thanks nava.

Ok, so if for example amazon sends me something, I can get it delivered to an address for the "from €7.95" price on top of the Amazon postage (if any)?!

If I send to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland I will pay €6.50-small locker, €7.50-medium locker, €8.50-large locker?!

If I buy from someone with a Parcel Motel account and I want it delivered to an address I will have to pay for A) seller postage of €6.50-small locker, €7.50-medium locker, €8.50-large locker along with B) the "from €7.95" price for address delivery?!

Apologies if I making this more confusing than it needs to be put I just want to get each scenario straight in my own head for future reference. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,347 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Therock18 wrote: »
    Thanks nava.

Ok, so if for example amazon sends me something, I can get it delivered to an address for the "from €7.95" price on top of the Amazon postage (if any)?!

If I send to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland I will pay €6.50-small locker, €7.50-medium locker, €8.50-large locker?!

If I buy from someone with a Parcel Motel account and I want it delivered to an address I will have to pay for A) seller postage of €6.50-small locker, €7.50-medium locker, €8.50-large locker along with B) the "from €7.95" price for address delivery?!

Apologies if I making this more confusing than it needs to be put I just want to get each scenario straight in my own head for future reference. :)

You are making this way too complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

No. You pay 3.95€ to ParcelMotel to have it delivered to your local locker. You also pay whatever the seller charges to deliver to Northern Ireland, but you pay that directly to the seller. The other charges only apply if you send something to somebody else in Ireland or in the UK.

lawred2 wrote: »
    You are making this way too complicated.

I think you're probably right! :D

Not the first time I've been guilty of this, it just seems to be in my nature. I like knowing the ins and outs of possible scenarios so I fully understand and don't have to ask again in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Quick question about buying from Northern Ireland, I've seen a tv for sale and I want to buy it, its obviously going to be way to big to fit into a locker, even if I pay the €21 extra to get PM to deliver it to my house, at least that is what I think it is, it's still a great bargain so here is my question.......is buying a tv from Northern Ireland or the UK in general a good idea? like will it be safe in transit and not be smashed when it arrives.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

40now wrote: »
    Quick question about buying from Northern Ireland, I've seen a tv for sale and I want to buy it, its obviously going to be way to big to fit into a locker, even if I pay the €21 extra to get PM to deliver it to my house, at least that is what I think it is, it's still a great bargain so here is my question.......is buying a tv from Northern Ireland or the UK in general a good idea? like will it be safe in transit and not be smashed when it arrives.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Just make sure you get the extended liability cover. ParcelMotel will only cover you for up to €100 if something goes wrong, but you can up the cover if you buy something expensive.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

I went with Richer Sounds from Belfast - not always the cheapest, but:

1. Usually a 5/6 year warranty attached
    2. Shipping cost to ROI around €10, nominal compared to "dimensional oversize" for a large telly.
    3. A one stage direct ship - felt more accountable to me and avoided considering paying extra for > €100 standard PM compo cover
    4. I'd hit them up for a quote on here anyway, see if they'll match (more likely for NI I'd say).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Something to note if buying a TV from Northern Ireland - if it has an in-built Freeview tuner, this will be useless in the Republic of Ireland (unless you're in a border area and can pick up Freeview signals). You'll have to buy a seperate Saorview box to pick up Irish terrestrial DAB TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fxotoole wrote: »
    Something to note if buying a TV from Northern Ireland - if it has an in-built Freeview tuner, this will be useless in the Republic of Ireland (unless you're in a border area and can pick up Freeview signals). You'll have to buy a deprecate Saorview box to pick up Irish terrestrial DAB TV.

Think the freeview hd tuners work with saorview, plus quite a few UK tvs also have freesat tuners allowing you to hook up to an old sky dish for UK tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What stuff does tesco deliver to parcel motel? I wanna order a PS4 console off there to PM, but I ordered an xbox off there once and it automatically cancelled my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Glonass

Hi, Trying to order high capacity (portable battery) from amazon.co.uk using Northern Ireland PArcel motel address and most of the batteries are in restricted items list due to the address not being in the mainland. is there a way to bypass this thing and deliver it to NI address?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Glonass wrote: »
    Hi, Trying to order high capacity (portable battery) from amazon.co.uk using Northern Ireland PArcel motel address and most of the batteries are in restricted items list due to the address not being in the mainland. is there a way to bypass this thing and deliver it to NI address?

use addresspal with an post, you get a mainland UK address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

RHJ wrote: »

€7 and you collect at depot. Use their calculator, you can estimate tv box size ny adding 5-6 cm to tv size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Quick question, does anyone know what's the latest Parcel Motel stores parcel on Saturdays?

They'll be receiving my package tomorrow up north and just want to make sure they'll be in the locker by saturday and not get caught on Bank holiday Monday.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Quick question, does anyone know what's the latest Parcel Motel stores parcel on Saturdays?

They'll be receiving my package tomorrow up north and just want to make sure they'll be in the locker by saturday and not get caught on Bank holiday Monday.

If its delivered to Newtownabbey tomorrow and is brought down to the northside centre for delivery out it may make it to a locker by Saturday. If you get a ping tomorrow that its in the depot theres some chance it'll get to a locker 12-36 hours later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

It depends on where the locker is. My parcels will ready for collection on the same day of being delivered to Antrim at around 11PM on weekdays and 9PM on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

RHJ wrote: »

I had a TV delivered from the UK at Christmas... cost was €14....but it was badly damaged by them (search my posts on this thread and you'll find photos of it and the long drawn out details of it all - on my mobile so can't link to it myself).

Long story short though they fully compensated me.. so I'd be inclined to forgive them.

Ordered two items on Amazon yesterday at 4pm with Amazon Prime and both have just arrived in my PM locker.. so I'd go with them above the competition for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

deezell wrote: »
    If its delivered to Newtownabbey tomorrow and is brought down to the northside centre for delivery out it may make it to a locker by Saturday. If you get a ping tomorrow that its in the depot theres some chance it'll get to a locker 12-36 hours later
    It depends on where the locker is. My parcels will ready for collection on the same day of being delivered to Antrim at around 11PM on weekdays and 9PM on Saturdays.

Thanks Parcel now in Transit fingers crossed it'll be in Dublin by tonight or tomorrow. Should be good

Thanks Parcel now in Transit fingers crossed it'll be in Dublin by tonight or tomorrow. Should be good

In transit to Newtownabbey or from there to Dublin depot? PM usually message you when scanned in in Dublin. Has your UK courier tracked to Newtownabbey? If it has been received up north you should get a dublin depot scan message today.

Does the newtownabbey depot work over the weekend? I have a package coming by courier and I wondering if the package will be delivered to the depot tomorrow or Sunday? I know it wont get to me till after the bank holiday but will there be someoen to get the package so it isnt sent back?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

I arranged through the Carlow Topaz Parcel Motel to send a parcel to Cambridgeshire in England on 18/04/2017. However a different parcel which came from the Dunmore Rd. Topaz Parcel Motel containing Latin theology books from a different PM customer and addressed to someone in Birmingham was delivered to my intended recipient on 21/04/2017. I spoke to the Birmingham person whose books my addresses in Cambridgeshire had, but unfortunately he had received a separate mislabelled parcel - a mobile phone.

When stuff is sent from PM to the UK, it is handed over to a separate courier company, UK mail, who put their own label on each parcel. The three parcels above had been mislabelled by Euro Mail.

My parcel measured about 29cm x 38cm x 20cm. It was a white box with Yara Vita on it and it contained an electronic control box for a Berthoud farm machine. It is customised and wouldn't be suitable for any other machine.

I am hoping that someone here might have sent a parcel around the same time and had my parcel delivered in error to them or to whoever they were sending parcels to. My return name and address was on it, but the UK mail / PM labels don't give any contact details for items delivered in error, so making it difficult for anyone to notify errors to PM / U.K. mail.

I will pay a substantial reward for the recovery of this item. I'm not on Facebook / twitter, etc so this is the only way I know of getting the appeal out there.

Please send a private message to me or contact support@parcelmotel.com if you have any information which might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Another story of how horribly broken their outbound service is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Just got an email from amazon uk with the following message:
    "Amazon Logistics attempted to deliver your package but couldn't leave it unattended. If you’d still like to receive it, please contact Amazon Logistics, quoting your tracking ID....."

I used the pm northern address, never had an issue like this before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just got an email from amazon uk with the following message:
    "Amazon Logistics attempted to deliver your package but couldn't leave it unattended. If you’d still like to receive it, please contact Amazon Logistics, quoting your tracking ID....."

I used the pm northern address, never had an issue like this before.

That's poor from them if they are not open/available to take deliveries on Sundays. Kind of defeats part of the service imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement