Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Just got an email from amazon uk with the following message:
    "Amazon Logistics attempted to deliver your package but couldn't leave it unattended. If you’d still like to receive it, please contact Amazon Logistics, quoting your tracking ID....."

I used the pm northern address, never had an issue like this before.

Send them an email they will retry it tomorrow. On your Amazon account select edit address and you can select no to delivery on Sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

RHJ wrote: »

Yes, when its been large electrical orders. Game console specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

FYI everyone, normal service resuming on Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Is this business of closing going to be an issue with them going forward?! A one-off I could forgive, but if this is now SOP over all bank holidays...

It will hugely impact their business if so, if not finish them. The whole point of a service like this is to not have to worry about when the damn parcel will be delivered; this is would be like an ice cream shop only selling empty cones or frozen yoghurt.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Is this business of closing going to be an issue with them going forward?! A one-off I could forgive, but if this is now SOP over all bank holidays...

It will hugely impact their business if so, if not finish them. The whole point of a service like this is to not have to worry about when the damn parcel will be delivered; this is would be like an ice cream shop only selling empty cones or frozen yoghurt.

As far as I know they will be open in NI for deliveries tomorrow but not in Dublin. I doubt many if any couriers will be delivering tomorrow in Dublin due to the bank holiday.

The main issue is with Amazon Logistic deliveries because they deliver pretty much any day on the Mainland not sure about NI but either way you can update the settings on Amazon to only delivery working days.

I don't think anything has changed regarding PM and bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RHJ wrote: »
    Ahh thats BS.

They're a logistics company, a relatively large one. All said to bulk work 7 days even when deliveries are off. And Amazon is their customers biggest retailer so its not like it caught them off guard.

They've been in a Stuka dive since Christmas and if they dont pull up soon UPS will have bought a wreck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

in same ship here as amazon couldnt deliver,i assume too that depot in north will collect it but wont see it here in cork till wednesday,amazon say they will attempt three times over three days then return it.fingers crossed for my intel processor it will get collected by amzon delivery guy :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ED E wrote: »
    Ahh thats BS.

They're a logistics company, a relatively large one. All said to bulk work 7 days even when deliveries are off. And Amazon is their customers biggest retailer so its not like it caught them off guard.

They've been in a Stuka dive since Christmas and if they dont pull up soon UPS will have bought a wreck.

Most Logistics companies don't work Weekends as such, just a skeleton staff to offload/reload transiting cargo. If I were PM I wouldn't have expected an Amazon vehicle to arrive up on a Sunday to be offloaded and sorted, especially with a Bank Holiday Monday in the Republic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Ahh thats BS.

I work for one of them Logistics companies, we never work weekends, and as for the Bank Holiday issues, feel free to write to your local Politician and get Irish bank holidays and UK bank holidays synced up, because it's just as a pain to us as it is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I work for one of them Logistics companies, we never work weekends, and as for the Bank Holiday issues, feel free to write to your local Politician and get Irish bank holidays and UK bank holidays synced up, because it's just as a pain to us as it is you.

And what else? Get rid of local laws as well?

grogi wrote: »
    And what else? Get rid of local laws as well?

Yes all of them....

I've no idea what point your trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Yes all of them....

I've no idea what point your trying to make.

Bank holidays are not just days off. Unfortunately a lot of people forget about that - a side effect of shifting the holidays to the next Monday...

grogi wrote: »
    Bank holidays are not just days off. Unfortunately a lot of people forget about that - a side effect of shifting the holidays to the next Monday...

Sorry but I've still no idea of the actual point your trying to make.

All I was saying is that, the company I work for don't deliver on the weekends, and that UK and Ireland having Bank Holidays on different days is a huge pain for the guys who deliver your packages just as much as to people waiting on them. Take last week for example, Monday and Tuesday was dead in work, and the rest was bedlam, it's going to be worse tomorrow because no holiday in the UK.

Just had two parcels signed for in the PM Northern Ireland depot so they must be accepting parcels today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ordered 5/6 items recently and expected them to be sent as one package to newtownabbey but they've gone and split them into 3 deliveries. Is it possible to notify parcel about this and get them to hold off until they recieve all the parcels before bringing them to my local depot? Am I going to get stung for 3 delivery charges now too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

DivingDuck wrote: »

The problem lies more with amazon delivering on a Sunday, off course id like to get a parcel as soon as possible but people should be entitled to a Sunday off.

Agricola wrote: »
    Ordered 5/6 items recently and expected them to be sent as one package to newtownabbey but they've gone and split them into 3 deliveries. Is it possible to notify parcel about this and get them to hold off until they recieve all the parcels before bringing them to my local depot? Am I going to get stung for 3 delivery charges now too?

Yep. Thats the limitation of amazons system, you set a preference not a hard ruling that all should be grouped.

mine went through today,got verification from parcel motel. i was worried as a CPU is not allowed outside UK with amazon.sitting in dublin now.happy days easy lesson to learn from about days off in nightline couriers but Amazon were awesome.rang me with customer service verified everything as they have 24hr help.thats my only let down with Parcel motel they should give better info and it now being US company owning it they should have better customer care numbers and hours

• Advertisement

Just had two parcels signed for in the PM Northern Ireland depot so they must be accepting parcels today

Both parcels were ready to pick up yesterday night less than 12 hours of being delivered to Antrim. Not too shabby for bank holiday service..

i had nothing against delivery service just the websites ;) mine their in motel too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Check out this Walmart grocery version of parcel motel in the states. Order your weekly shopping online and get a ping when it's in your local giant chilled locker. Who'll be first to have it here? https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/6/15742746/walmart-automated-grocery-pickup-amazonfresh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My package was checked into the Dublin depot yesterday at 16:30 I thought it would be in cork by now....sure to god they have a couple of vans going to Cork everyday. I suppòse at this stage it will be tomorrow. What time do they stop delivering to the pickup spots?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Haven't used PM in a while, disappointed to see it now takes more than 24 hours for a package to go from the depo in Dublin to a locker in cork.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    My package was checked into the Dublin depot yesterday at 16:30 I thought it would be in cork by now....sure to god they have a couple of vans going to Cork everyday. I supp?se at this stage it will be tomorrow. What time do they stop delivering to the pickup spots?

My old one was always around 11.30PM, current one is filled at 2AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My old one was always around 11.30PM, current one is filled at 2AM.

Yeah got a text at 4am....crazy hour but hey it's here now

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah got a text at 4am....crazy hour but hey it's here now

You can change the setting on the PM page with the times to get the text, so you don't get them in the middle of the night. But the 48h count from when it was store in the locker not when you get the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

nava wrote: »
    You can change the setting on the PM page with the times to get the text, so you don't get them in the middle of the night. But the 48h count from when it was store in the locker not when you get the text.

No, its from when you are notified

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement