Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I had three parcels check into the depot yesterday, two of them had photos with them and got delivered last night, and one with no photo and says its still in the depot. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deezell wrote: »
    No, its from when you are notified
    It is from when you are notified via email, not text.

People reading your comment might think its from when you get the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

rubadub wrote: »
    It is from when you are notified via email, not text.

People reading your comment might think its from when you get the text.

Probably true, but a number of times last year did not receive the email notification, just the text. As this was set to exclude 10pm to 8am i presume the clock only started when notified. Since xmas I've had both, and the email one is not delayed to 8am, so its safe to say the notification delay doesn't extend your stay IF you receive an email with the pin before the text delay is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Received an email from Amazon today. Read the subject line "Important information for parcel motel users" and thought f3ck it, they're going to block deliveries to PM.

But all is well, they were just telling users of PM to ensure their PM address details are correct. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

They should really be advising people how to put in the needlessly long PM address into their address system. This is probably the issue in some cases.

Some people try and put loads of info on a single line, but then when people fill out automated label address software there is often a limit on characters per line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They should really be advising people how to put in the needlessly long PM address into their address system. This is probably the issue in some cases.

Some people try and put loads of info on a single line, but then when people fill out automated label address software there is often a limit on characters per line.

I've been using PM since day one and the vast amount of my online purchases are from Amazon. I may have been lucky, but to date I have never had an issue with PM or my PM I.D.

I followed the method advised by PM at signup and never deviated from that.

I've read many comments here over the years whereby users have deviated from the recommended method of inserting their PM I.D., Some move it to another line, put it before their name etc etc.

I wonder how much of the problems encountered by some users here regarding their PM I'D. is self inflicted?

How many users think they know better than the system custodians and the method they recommend you use?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I followed the method advised by PM at signup and never deviated from that.

I've read many comments here over the years whereby users have deviated from the recommended method of inserting their PM I.D., Some move it to another line, put it before their name etc etc.
    I don't think I ever saw advice from PM about what to do when there are not enough fields to fill in.

My amazon PM one is

rubadub
    Parcel Motel PM999
    1a Mckinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Co Antrim Bt36 4pe
    United Kingdom

I moved parcel motel and PMID to a single line. I did consider putting the number first so it is less likely to be left off.

Parcel wizard also have a needlessly long address, their ID number comes first so I put it first on my amazon address

rubadub
    PW999 Dpd Parcel Wizard
    Units 3 & 5 Trench Park, Trench Road
    Newtownabbey, Antrim Bt36 4lb
    United Kingdom

Many laypeople do not know what to do, and the lack of cop on is not too surprising when you consider nightline (PM), DPD(PW) and An post, all with extensive experience dealing with address problems ALL went ahead and gave needlessly long addresses which were bound to cause problems.

I've only ever used the format PM sent me in the signup email and I have never had a PM I.D. missing or partially missing from any Amazon package to date. I'm just wondering why it seems to be an issue for other users?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I've only ever used the format PM sent me in the signup email
    This is what I was sent on signup. This cannot be entered in maybe 80-90% of online forms I have used.

Rubadub
    PM666
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

That PM address does not have "country" listed which would another line/field in many forms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Received an email from Amazon today. Read the subject line "Important information for parcel motel users" and thought f3ck it, they're going to block deliveries to PM.
    )

They won't block PM. They can batch up all the deliveries for a day and ship them in one load to PM. It saves Amazon money to have us all using PM and they are all about that kind of efficiency. I'd be surprised if they don't have an agreement of some form between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I think the email I received this morning had instructions on how to fill in the address. I deleted it, so perhaps someone else can confirm.

It's not rocket science. PM's own instructions are pretty straight forward. :pac:

I think the email I received this morning had instructions on how to fill in the address. I deleted it, so perhaps someone else can confirm.

It's not rocket science. PM's own instructions are pretty straight forward. :pac:
    Someone posted a similar one in the PW thread, I cannot enter my address they way amazon tell you to, as I keep saying there are not enough fields.
    Doge wrote: »
    Just got a genuine email from Amazon regarding DPD Parcel Wizard.

At first i panicked thinking they were blacklisting the address but it turns out to be a helpful email about putting down the right address and information! :)

419751.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just got the same for PM.

Hello,

We’ve noticed you use Parcel Motel as a delivery address for some of your Amazon orders. To avoid potential delays in receiving your parcel, please make sure you include the following address details-

1) Full name- This should match the name on your Parcel Motel account.

2) Unique Parcel Motel ID- Entered in the first line of your address, this will allow Parcel Motel to locate you on their system and forward your parcel to your final destination as efficiently as possible.

3) Full UK address as below-

1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

4) Phone number to allow Parcel Motel to contact you if necessary.

If all of the above is up to date on your account, please disregard this email. If you need to make changes to your address, please go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account and click on "Addresses". You'll then be asked to enter in your e-mail address and password for security purposes. Once you've done this, our system will then prompt you with information on how to change, delete, or enter a new address.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

I had three parcels check into the depot yesterday, two of them had photos with them and got delivered last night, and one with no photo and says its still in the depot. Weird.

This one still hasn't shown up, gonna have to give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Thread Merged with main Parcel Motel thread

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

i had a parcel delivered to parcel motel this morning by ups but still no email from parcel motel confirming that they have it.

does anyone know how long it usually takes?

coach22 wrote: »
    i had a parcel delivered to parcel motel this morning by ups but still no email from parcel motel confirming that they have it.

Should have had an email by the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

coach22 wrote: »

Email comes when Dublin process it, not Antrim. So if you've made todays load it will be this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

ED E wrote: »
    Email comes when Dublin process it, not Antrim. So if you've made todays load it will be this evening.

its showing on the website as checked in at the depot at 19:53. was beginning to get worried! still no email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Someone help, please!

I know this is probably up in the thread somewhere but probably not how I'm going to frame the question.

I need to order something online that isn't allowed to be delivered to Ireland, but can be delivered to Belfast/UK.
    I thought I'd travel to Belfast myself and pick it up in a post office using poste restante service, but now that the post office doesn't have a 'ask a real person' option on the phone, it's proving to be difficult.

Now i've read online something about sending my delivery to a parcel motel kiosk in Belfast, then it's sent onto R.O.I from there, but how the hell do I set that up? Who do I talk to to tell them to send it to Ireland once it hits belfast?

I'm really confused here, sorry! Maybe my brain is just a bit fogged up, but appreciate any help I can get !

Just go to Parcel Motel and hit the blue "Get Started" button. Create an account, use the NI address they give you when you make the purchase and PM will do the rest.

If I only give an NI address, how will I get it to R.O.I? Sorry, can't really get my head around it.

Oh actually hang on, so I just signed up, do you mean that I use the Northern Ireland PM Address as my main one, and then where it says ''Where you'd like your parcels to be delivered to'' I click my local one? And then it'll be sent to the NI, then the other one I've specified?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Oh actually hang on, so I just signed up, do you mean that I use the Northern Ireland PM Address as my main one, and then where it says ''Where you'd like your parcels to be delivered to'' I click my local one? And then it'll be sent to the NI, then the other one I've specified?

Yes, it's forwarded from NI to a parcel motel locker location of your choosing, or optionally and at extra cost to your home address. Items too large for the locker are available for pickup at the central depot in Dublin, or home delivery at extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

deezell wrote: »
    Yes, it's forwarded from NI to a parcel motel locker location of your choosing, or optionally and at extra cost to your home address. Items too large for the locker are available for pickup at the central depot in Dublin, or home delivery at extra cost.

at any Night Line depot around the country.

http://www.nightline.ie/contact/map-and-location-info/

When you log into your account you set one of the local PM collection points as your choice of delivery point. When delivered to the locker by PM you will receive a PIN number to go unlock the box and get your package. If the item is too large to fit into a locker you will get notified and have the choice of collecting it from the nearest Nightline Depot or have them deliver to your door, those two options carry an extra charge.

The locker locations are all over the place and are mostly located in petrol stations or shopping centres, I'm sure you've seen them around, they look like this

f7090c71f6.jpeg

And if the item is not too large? What if I just want a parcel sent to NI PM then for PM to send it down to me in Munster in my local PM?... But it's not too large.. will they still do it?

Will they contact me once it arrives in NI? So i can tell them where to send it then?..

And if the item is not too large? What if I just want a parcel sent to NI PM then for PM to send it down to me in Munster in my local PM?... But it's not too large.. will they still do it?

Will they contact me once it arrives in NI? So i can tell them where to send it then?..

You define which PM lockers you want it delivered to in Munster by choosing the closest one to you in your account settings, no need to contact them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭sporina

Hi I received a parcel from Amazon via parcel motel and I need to return it. I can do so via parcel motel apparently. Has anyone done it - and with success? I have heard mixed review about parcel motel - I have only ever received 2 parcels from them - and without issues - but I am skeptical about returning a parcel with them - esp as its worth a few bob. Thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement