Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Can someone please help!

I have used PM several times without any issues.

Today I'm trying to buy an item that I previously bought but today Amazon are not accepting my PM address, I've checked the details and I can't figure out why it's not working? Any ideas please

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Can someone please help!

Today I'm trying to buy an item that I previously bought but today Amazon are not accepting my PM address, I've checked the details and I can't figure out why it's not working? Any ideas please

Probably has a battery or something. <SNIP> MOD- Please don't suggest trying to get prohibited items through services that don't accept them. They are banned for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Can someone please help!

Is it exactly the same source you are buying it from? Is it directly from Amazon or a third party seller on Amazon?

If you bought it before, have you tried the buy it again button beside the order in the order section of your account?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Is it exactly the same source you are buying it from? Is it directly from Amazon or a third party seller on Amazon?

If you bought it before, have you tried the buy it again button beside the order in the order section of your account?
    Just tried the order again option but states item currently unavailable :(

I also tried several other sellers and all rejected

• Advertisement

Post a link to the item, my money is on the battery issue, there is a page with restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

<SNIP> MOD- Please don't suggest trying to get prohibited items through services that don't accept them. They are banned for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭sporina

sporina wrote: »
    Hi I received a parcel from Amazon via parcel motel and I need to return it. I can do so via parcel motel apparently. Has anyone done it - and with success? I have heard mixed review about parcel motel - I have only ever received 2 parcels from them - and without issues - but I am skeptical about returning a parcel with them - esp as its worth a few bob. Thanks in advance

any comments anyone? before i make the jump? do they register the packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

any comments anyone? before i make the jump? do they register the packages?

I did. It takes ages, but it worked.

You can also call amazon CS and tell them about warehouse in Dublin.

Johnson Logistics
    Blackchurch Business Park,
    Naas Rd, Blackchurch,
    Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

They should be able to generate the return label to send it there.

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    I did. It takes ages, but it worked.

You can also call amazon CS and tell them about warehouse in Dublin.

Johnson Logistics
    Blackchurch Business Park,
    Naas Rd, Blackchurch,
    Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

They should be able to generate the return label to send it there.

sorry i don't follow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

OK, I'd been waiting for a package for the last few days. Got the email earlier to say it was in their Depot ready for dispatch to my collection point. At 11pm I logged into my account to make sure I had credit and saw that my parcel was ready for collection. Drove the 10 km to collect it, put in the code and the locker opened up empty.
    Now I know I didn't receive a text to say it was ready for collection but my online account showed that it was and it gave me the collection code....
    I submitted a ticket straight away and am awaiting response in the morning but meanwhile I don't know if my package was stolen from the locker or just not delivered yet.
    Never had any problems with PM before but I'm not too happy right now.
    Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    Am I worrying about nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Daroxtar wrote: »
    OK, I'd been waiting for a package for the last few days. Got the email earlier to say it was in their Depot ready for dispatch to my collection point. At 11pm I logged into my account to make sure I had credit and saw that my parcel was ready for collection. Drove the 10 km to collect it, put in the code and the locker opened up empty.
    Now I know I didn't receive a text to say it was ready for collection but my online account showed that it was and it gave me the collection code....
    I submitted a ticket straight away and am awaiting response in the morning but meanwhile I don't know if my package was stolen from the locker or just not delivered yet.
    Never had any problems with PM before but I'm not too happy right now.
    Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    Am I worrying about nothing?

What are your contact hours? If it was delivered outside of those hours the text will arrive in the morning but you should have already received the email.

They seem to be getting quite sloppy.

ED E wrote: »
    What are your contact hours? If it was delivered outside of those hours the text will arrive in the morning but you should have already received the email.

They seem to be getting quite sloppy.

6am to 11pm.
    I'm more concerned that I opened the door and there was nothing inside.
    Would it be that the locker was programmed from base and the van hasn't arrived yet?
    My account is now showing that the "parcel is with customer" but my credit balance hasn't changed? I'm a bit perplexed. Hopefully it'll be fine in the morning

I had a bad customer experience with PM recently - was trying to return a parcel - had a query about the return procedure when at my depot to return it.. tried calling the lo call number - there was no answer and the voicemail was full.. tried calling them on their number but no joy - learnt later that its a voice over internet protocol number or something - classed as a premium rate number with my mobile provider and didn't have my mobile set up to call those at the time.. had Mailed them and asked them to call me but they would not (not sure why as they offered to call me before and they did so - kindly)..
    Was mailing one of the rep's and she was very unhelpful. Had asked her about their number and she was not helpful (my mobile provider told me about the above)
    Not cool. They could at least empty their voice mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just wondering how PM works with respect to custom charges? Ordering a product online from China, an item of clothing and was wondering how I can pay the custom charges via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Berserker wrote: »
    Just wondering how PM works with respect to custom charges? Ordering a product online from China, an item of clothing and was wondering how I can pay the custom charges via PM.

PM does not accept anything form anyone with outstanding charges.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

A bit of follow up to last night's problem. I got up this morning and my balance had been debited the delivery charge and my account still showed that I had collected the package so I
    contacted them by phone and dealt with a very helpful lady who was able to check the status of the parcel. Seems like when the driver arrived at my collection point the package wouldn't fit into the allocated locker and he logged this but it didn't go through the system before I got there.
    She's organising it to be sent back out with this afternoons load and put into the bigger locker. She refunded the charge and apologised for the inconvenience.
    Fingers crossed

6am to 11pm.
    I'm more concerned that I opened the door and there was nothing inside.
    Would it be that the locker was programmed from base and the van hasn't arrived yet?
    My account is now showing that the "parcel is with customer" but my credit balance hasn't changed? I'm a bit perplexed. Hopefully it'll be fine in the morning

All evidence I've seen suggests the van drivers reader triggers the message, until then a locker isnt allocated I suspect.
    A bit of follow up to last night's problem. I got up this morning and my balance had been debited the delivery charge and my account still showed that I had collected the package so I
    contacted them by phone and dealt with a very helpful lady who was able to check the status of the parcel. Seems like when the driver arrived at my collection point the package wouldn't fit into the allocated locker and he logged this but it didn't go through the system before I got there.
    She's organising it to be sent back out with this afternoons load and put into the bigger locker. She refunded the charge and apologised for the inconvenience.
    Fingers crossed

Sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

PM does not accept anything form anyone with outstanding charges.

Will the item get returned to the sender in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Berserker wrote: »
    Will the item get returned to the sender in that case?

Probably. If buying from China just get it delivered to your home address. You may get hit for vat or it may get through. If stopped by customs it's just held in your local post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Does PM have a mainland UK address? Free delivery is mainland UK only, doesn't extend to NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Quintis wrote: »
    Does PM have a mainland UK address? Free delivery is mainland UK only, doesn't extend to NI

No. Only AddressPal does.

No. Only AddressPal does.

i have ordered and received items from amazon free uk delivery and they were delivered for free to PM NI

i have ordered and received items from amazon free uk delivery and they were delivered for free to PM NI

Not all vendors include NI in free UK delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Addresspal now available for US purchases too.

Interesting. Assume they charge the normal VAT/Duty handling fees?

ED E wrote: »
    Interesting. Assume they charge the normal VAT/Duty handling fees?

it was discussed in the AP thread, this was what I said about it.
    rubadub wrote: »
    The US thing is not clear to me at all, they need to give examples of typical things.

e.g. it seems if customs are due they are going to do it the usual an post way, so that would mean an additional ?7 admin fee on top. Maybe this is not the case though.

Also is the valuation by customs here going to include the addresspal fees, if it does the items are more likely to be caught, and then have VAT on that fee too.

When I first heard of the US thing I was hoping they would have some clever way to avoid this.

15.99 is not cheap, but many places with "free postage" in the US have ludicrous international fees.

Still waiting for the package. It's now taken as long to get from Dublin to Meath as it took to get from Dresden to Dublin.
    Might just stick with An Post in the future.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    it was discussed in the AP thread, this was what I said about it.

As its AnPost expect 23% VAT on everything, customs and excise on goods such as perfumes and luxury items, and duty on goods which are import protected in the EU. Try buying in a few pairs of Levi jeans and see what happens.
    The delivery charge is quite low at €16 though, a small 1Kg 30cm square packet would be about €20 USPS or with a forwarding company like ReShip who have been doing this for years. ReShip also offer a US sales tax free address for export, so you have an initial saving, then a reasonable chance of getting past VAT and customs if the declared value is low. Used them once for some Chrysler car parts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement