Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deezell wrote: »
    The delivery charge is quite low at €16 though
    It is not clear if VAT will be applied to that if the overall amount over the limit.

Customs officially do not collect VAT below €6, this in effect makes the limit €26, while the one stated is €22.

So if I get an item for €10 in the US with free/included delivery are an post going to then say its value is €26 (10+16 fee) -and so putting it in the VAT due range.

So then it is €26+6(VAT)+7(admin) =€39

Anecdotally it seems an post ignore postage fees when evaluating items, but if it is over the limit they do include it.

i.e. if an item is €10 with €30 postage it may slip through
    but if it is €30 with €10 postage you will pay VAT on the €40 amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Still waiting for the package. It's now taken as long to get from Dublin to Meath as it took to get from Dresden to Dublin.
    Might just stick with An Post in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Btw, the An Post admin fee for customs payments has gone up to €10. Got stung on it 2 weeks ago, the fecking admin charge was more than the VAT payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Maybe I was imagining things but in the past couldn't you put up a flag that you were expecting a parcel to arrive with all the details so that if they got something in they couldn't recognise due to addressing mishaps, they could use that information to match the item to your PMID? All there is now is a "Find My Parcel" option which requires a delivery date along with all the other info.

Now, my problem is that I've an item that's taking far too long to appear, from an Amazon Marketplace reseller who sent it by normal post from Germany with no tracking number, so I don't actually know if it's been delivered yet. German companies are notorious for mangling addresses into totally unrecognisable ones to match their world-view of how addresses should look, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the case here.

So what do I do? Fill in the "Find My Parcel" info with a made up delivery date, or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Alun wrote: »
    Maybe I was imagining things but in the past couldn't you put up a flag that you were expecting a parcel to arrive with all the details so that if they got something in they couldn't recognise due to addressing mishaps, they could use that information to match the item to your PMID? All there is now is a "Find My Parcel" option which requires a delivery date along with all the other info.

That option is still there albeit more difficult to access.

Scroll down the page to "Parcel Diary" on the right hand side & click it.

Click the blue "Add New Item" button.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That option is still there albeit more difficult to access.

Scroll down the page to "Parcel Diary" on the right hand side & click it.

Click the blue "Add New Item" button.
    Thanks, I'll give that a go. The buttons on that page are all over the place, I hadn't noticed that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheJagerCode

Anyone know what outbound means is it out for delivery or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

For those considering using An Post AddressPal from the US, there is no post office collection, just home delivery. What happens if it's detained at post office for VAT and Customs you ask? It won't be. Your account that pays the delivery charges is also used to automatically charge VAT and Customs. Here it is in Ts&Cs; " An Post reserves the right to charge Customs charges to the Customer’s Account and the Customer consents to such payments being deducted " Be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

When you forget to pick up an item, is it usually reprocessed and back in your motel the day after it's taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I want to get PM co collect an item I've purchased from TV Tech Ireland, Portarlington, they use fastways couriers, and leave it in my PM, is this possible guys.

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I want to get PM co collect an item I've purchased from TV Tech Ireland, Portarlington, they use fastways couriers, and leave it in my PM, is this possible guys.

Use your pm Id and the pm Dublin address.

Firstname Lastname
    PM12313123
    Unit C1, North City Business Park
    North Road, Dublin 11
    D11 RW30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

PM don't collect parcels for you, and other couriers can't deliver it to your Motel. As deezell said above, you would have to have it sent to the PM depot to be delivered to your Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Find a different retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

deezell wrote: »
    Firstname Lastname
    PM12313123
    Unit C1, North City Business Park
    North Road, Dublin 11
    D11 RW30

This must be a new address so, the last address I had was,

• Unit 5 Mygan Park, Jamestown Road
    • Finglas East, Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

This must be a new address so, the last address I had was,

• Unit 5 Mygan Park, Jamestown Road
    • Finglas East, Dublin 1

That's the Nightline building where they used to be based. They have their own premises now at the North City address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iByte

I want to order from a UK website and get it delivered to Parcel Motel. The website is asking for a phone number but it must be a UK number, what do I do?

iByte wrote: »
    I want to order from a UK website and get it delivered to Parcel Motel. The website is asking for a phone number but it must be a UK number, what do I do?

NI phone no. for PM is posted on this thread earlier. Quick search.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Have a problem picking up a parcel today and no one on their new customer service line answering calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Have a problem picking up a parcel today and no one on their new customer service line answering calls.

Sunday - Day OFF. We/they are entitled to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Sunday - Day OFF. We/they are entitled to it.

If they think it is OK to take a day off it would be nice if they afforded their customers the same, and gave an extra 24hrs too at that time they are closed, just 12hrs would do most people.

I, and others I know, are hugely put off by their weekend policy. Other posters have mentioned the issue too, having a collection point on their commuting route, but getting notification late on a friday night (a bit too often for me to think its coincidence). They could also have an option not to deliver at that time, many would be happy for it to be delayed even a week or more rather than have to to the collection point on a sunday within the 48hr window.

It is the main thing that makes me use parcel wizard instead -which I think it is a ludicrous oversight on their part. They might make a few euro more by taking advantage of this time limit, but more likely have no idea of actual lost customers due to it.

Swings and roundabouts here I'm afraid
    Depending where and when you order and how product is shipped its luck really on when it lands in locker. But yeah they perhaps should relax on their weekend rule. But then again you'd get people purposely leaving stuff there and clogging up lockers creating problems.

Swings and roundabouts here I'm afraid
    Depending where and when you order and how product is shipped its luck really on when it lands in locker. But yeah they perhaps should relax on their weekend rule. But then again you'd get people purposely leaving stuff there and clogging up lockers creating problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

Anyone have any issues with parcel motel, i use them regularly for parcel re-directs from the north but the other day i noticed that one parcel was still in transit a few days later, the item was strange, no picture.

i checked and am not missing anything i know off. contacted customer support but 5-6 emails in they want the tracking number associated with it? how could i have an order number for something that doesn't exist, no idea who sent it (no picture). simple case of a fault not being dealt with by support. they say this is in they're t&c's, has this happened anyone else?

will seriously look at the alternatives now. anyone use addresspal or parcel wizard?

Anyone have any issues with parcel motel, i use them regularly for parcel re-directs from the north but the other day i noticed that one parcel was still in transit a few days later, the item was strange, no picture.

i checked and am not missing anything i know off. contacted customer support but 5-6 emails in they want the tracking number associated with it? how could i have an order number for something that doesn't exist, no idea who sent it (no picture). simple case of a fault not being dealt with by support. they say this is in they're t&c's, has this happened anyone else?

will seriously look at the alternatives now. anyone use addresspal or parcel wizard?

I'm confused.
    You aren't expecting anything and there are no tracking details. Support say they can't track an item without a tracking number(fair enough). I'd assume you got the notification by mistake.

Been using Parcel Motel for 4 years and never had a problem like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

rubadub wrote: »
    , but getting notification late on a friday night (a bit too often for me to think its coincidence).

Its nothing nefarious, the loaders work at night.

Im happy with the tight times, Amazon Pickup is crippled with full lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Could be a parcel for someone else who has the same name - I got a call about a year or so ago asking if I ordered something as a parcel was received at their depot without a PMID but the recipient had the same name as me, so they were calling all users with the same name to see if they were expecting something. It wasn't me.
    So they could have assigned a parcel to your account that is not for you & then reassigned it to the correct user.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

cheers for the responses, i assume you are right robo, they refunded me the money today but it took six emails for a fault on their side. not a serious issue but would makes me wonder if i had a serious problem how it would get sorted.

cheers for the responses, i assume you are right robo, they refunded me the money today but it took six emails for a fault on their side. not a serious issue but would makes me wonder if i had a serious problem how it would get sorted.

Its sad to say, but nowadays 6 emails for a service which costs 3.50 isn't actually that bad. I'd say the issue was made more difficult by the lack of tracking number because the item didnt exist.

In the case of a serious problem, like an item going missing, presumably you would have tracking information or invoice details etc which would make things more straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Parcel Motel megathread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement