Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iByte

I've tried searching the thread for this and have also searched their website, but can anyone tell me when exactly I am supposed to pay for the service? I have ordered an item from the UK and used my PM code and all that, but no idea when I am supposed to pay parcel motel for the service.

I know the costs of the service, just not sure when to pay. Do I pay when I get the notification that my parcel is in the depot, or before?

Thanks for any advice given.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Cannon_fodder

iByte wrote: »
    I've tried searching the thread for this and have also searched their website, but can anyone tell me when exactly I am supposed to pay for the service? I have ordered an item from the UK and used my PM code and all that, but no idea when I am supposed to pay parcel motel for the service.

I know the costs of the service, just not sure when to pay. Do I pay when I get the notification that my parcel is in the depot, or before?

You need to go into your PM account and pre-load it by pay pal or credit card. Think minimum is €10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Have you registered you debit or credit card? Payment is automatic if so. Otherwise you have to top up your account prepay style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

You can pay by prepay (preload your account then they'll only take the money out if they're being sent to your locker / address)

Alternative is register your card on to their site and they'll only take the money out again if delivering to your address / locker

Thanks for all the replies. I'll register my card so they only take the necessary amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Thanks for all the replies. I'll register my card so they only take the necessary amount.

Do it before your parcel arrives, otherwise it will delay the delivery.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

When it arrives in Depot in Dublin they normally try to charge you. If they can't they let you know via email and text.

Thanks for the info. It was received in NI and is in transit at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So does anyone know the opening times for the oversized delivery collection point in Dublin?
    Open Sunday?

They sent me an email but the link does not work I have reported this before but for whatever reason they refuse to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I believe its this one.

5, Mygan Park, Jamestown Rd, Finglas East, Dublin 11

Sunday
    Closed
    Monday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Tuesday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Wednesday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Thursday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Friday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Saturday
    8:30a.m.–2:30p.m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

ED E wrote: »
    I believe its this one.

5, Mygan Park, Jamestown Rd, Finglas East, Dublin 11

Sunday
    Closed
    Monday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Tuesday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Wednesday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Thursday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Friday
    8a.m.–7p.m.
    Saturday
    8:30a.m.–2:30p.m.

Perfect, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Thinking of buying a phone via Ebay from a seller that does not deliver to Ireland so if I use PM - what happens if UK customs get a hold of the package?

Would I be better getting it delivered to a friends address in UK or forking out the extra €70 to buy here?

sibersha wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a phone via Ebay from a seller that does not deliver to Ireland so if I use PM - what happens if UK customs get a hold of the package?

Would I be better getting it delivered to a friends address in UK or forking out the extra €70 to buy here?
    Is the seller outside the EU? PM will just refuse it if it has a customs/ vat demand, you're left with nothing. Post to friend. Wont cost him much more than 3.95 for royal mail to Ireland, you might get away with tax. Else use an post pal service, they'll definitely clobber you for tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Yes seller is in China.

After potential VAT/Customs charge and 3+ week wait it does not seem that more attractive to buy from seller in China.
    I'll probably buy from Irish retailer.

god's toy wrote: »
    Perfect, thank you!

Is that the old depot? The new one is here
    Unit C1, North City Business Park, North Road, Kildonan, Dublin, D11 RW30.
    It's where I picked up OS stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

I returned my product using Collect Plus. There was no update other than 3rd part link "Exported" on my Parcel motel account and "parcel collected by courier" on Collect+ page. It has been a week almost 2 weeks and no progress has happened.

Anyone knows which courier Collect Plus use when collecting returns in Parcel Motel Depot?

Already contacted Collect+ but they could not tell where my item is

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Hope someone might have an answer to my query. I currently have a parcel waiting for me with parcel motel however I also have insufficient funds in my bank account for them to process it to the locker until Friday. Will they hold on to it until Friday and release it once I top up or will they return it to sender if I don't get to top up before then?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,290 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Useful information to be found here: http://www.parcelmotel.com/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks endacl for the link, I had checked the FAQ's a few times and couldn't find any mention of my particular dilemma. I shall try & contact them directly tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

How long does it take for Nightline to deliver from one PM user to another PM user.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Have PM stopped their affiliation with Amazon???
    Don't see the option to return goods to Amazon as a "preferred" retailer anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

quick question,
    i have to use it one time..
    one order to uk, then send me to dublin..
    how much does it cost the total?

€3.95

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

thst's is briliant

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got email that my parcel arrived in Dublin at 12.30pm yesterday and still no sign of it. I would have expected it by now tbh as I'm only in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone ever have a parcel lost by PM? Mine arrived in Dublin last Thursday, got the email to say it'd been checked in. Anyway still not sent to my destination locker by Saturday so rang PM.

Said they'd find out where it was and have it stored Saturday. Anyway it wasn't found and there's been a bit of a search on since yesterday morning but no joy. Staff have been very helpful but it's very frustrating, how does a parcel just disappear? They say they are gonna check Nightline premisis in the morn. Guy said he's confident they'll find it, I wish I shared his confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I use parcel motel all the time but was getting a modem sent from Virgin media . They use nightline and gave the option to divert the package to parcel motel cos there wasn't going to be anyone there (this was done online when they sent me the delivery confirmation email and gave the option in that). So this isn't going through my parcel motel account. The tracking info shows this:

Parcel stored 26/07/2017 22:58:50

Parcel received by Nightline

PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 26/07/2017 14:24:35

Is that saying it's store in a locker or they still have it in their centre? It was originally out for home delivery on Tuesday. When I diverted it to parcel motel it said it would be there yesterday , so is this a case that they just haven't sent me the notification and it's actually sitting in the locker since last night?

• Advertisement

Yes, stored is in locker.

EG:
    Mon 10 Jul 13:05 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Tue 11 Jul 2:08 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Tue 11 Jul 8:17 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

As they diverted their "own package" it may not be attributed to your account but instead Virgins and thus no email/sms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement