Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The shame!! Collected my 5th parcel this week...and another 2 to come lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

another successful delivery. brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Am I doing something wrong, registered with Parcel Motel...great. Went onto Amazon put in new address, got to checkout selected prime delivery etc....before the last bit when the payment card comes up, it asks me to confirm card.punch in card number, confirm card but it has my address in Ireland, go in to change it and the Parcel Motel is down as No1, payment details is my Irish address etc, select PM address but it goes back to my old address in Ireland.....

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Don't change the Parcel motel to no1 address, just add it to additional addresses and it should work just fine after re confirming your card. That's what I did and it has worked without problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Don't change the Parcel motel to no1 address, just add it to additional addresses and it should work just fine after re confirming your card. That's what I did and it has worked without problem.

I deleted every other address bar my home address, added the PM address, which by default is was No1. Changed my home address to No 1 but it still won't change my address to PM when I goto checkout....very frustrating.....ah will give it a go tomorrow....thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Have received 2 parcels this week, excellent service, really hope they get sustainable business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

mad m wrote: »
    I deleted every other address bar my home address, added the PM address, which by default is was No1. Changed my home address to No 1 but it still won't change my address to PM when I goto checkout....very frustrating.....ah will give it a go tomorrow....thanks

Try a different browser, the Amazon site occasionally throws up some buggy anomalies at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

apeking wrote: »
    Ordered a hard drive off amazon yesterday with next day delivery(free one month trial if u sign up for prime and you can cancel within the month) to the northen ireland address.

Will let you know how quick it gets to me

Should be in motel 1 day after date Amazon put down. Really helped me knowing I could get it when I needed it, and quickly. As in, I was to,e with Prime it'd be in on Tuesday, I got text on Wednesday morning saying it was in motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Was probably asked already but Orla any chance of doing a referral deal?
    like if someone was to recommend someone to sign up using a code would we get a extra bit of credit or something?

no harm in asking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

daytob wrote: »
    like if someone was to recommend someone to sign up using a code would we get a extra bit of credit or something?

no harm in asking ;)
    The OP of this thread would be very happy with that.... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Esel wrote: »
    daytob wrote: »

no harm in asking ;)
    The OP of this thread would be very happy with that.... :)
    €50 worth of penny sweets delivered indiviuly, it is so :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Bought a cover online from the UK on Wednesday for my iPhone 5 (which is arriving today). Free postage to PM in Antrim. Woke this morning to a text saying it was in my locker. Popped out for bread and got my package from the locker at Spar. Delighted to have a cover to put on the new phone.

Another great experience with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Wexford and Carlow are in the same phase as Limerick so all I can tell you right now, is that it will be in the next 2 months. In plenty of time for the Christmas shopping. Only 70 shopping days left 'til Christmas!

Hi Orla

Another interested Carlow future user here, do you have any details on where in Carlow you will be opening up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Longford: The lockers are now in place at the topaz station beside Argos. Probably not in service yet but hopefully we get them ahead of the 2 months which has been suggested!

Just to let people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

This service rocks. I've used it 3 times over the last few days :) everything was prefect.

One thing tho. Your Glenview drop off is marked wrong on the map.. the map points it to somewhere in Springfield the correct drop off is about 3 KM away see this link.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N81&daddr=Virginia+Heights&hl=en&ll=53.286871,-6.362672&spn=0.024116,0.058622&sll=53.285743,-6.37104&sspn=0.024116,0.058622&geocode=FaMaLQMdhDaf_w%3BFUIYLQMddame_w&mra=mrv&t=m&z=15

But still a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kopy

First time to use this service !
    Placed my order on Monday and collected from Newbridge this morning.
    Excellent service will definitely use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Collected my parcel for the first time today. The touch screen despratley needs to be calibrated and it took a while to enter my phone number/code but otherwise everything went well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

N64 wrote: »
    Collected my parcel for the first time today. The touch screen despratley needs to be calibrated and it took a while to enter my phone number/code but otherwise everything went well
    Say the location, or let them know the location by e-mail if you don't want to post it here.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Bought a cover online from the UK on Wednesday for my iPhone 5 (which is arriving today). Free postage to PM in Antrim. Woke this morning to a text saying it was in my locker. Popped out for bread and got my package from the locker at Spar. Delighted to have a cover to put on the new phone.

9800789.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Qwerty Dub wrote: »

9800789.jpg

True that :-)

**Posted on my iPhone 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I just hope that this economy will provide enough cash flow for nightline to sustain it. Second delivery picked up yesterday, definetely not the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Trying the service for a second time after my last package was delivered in an ENORMOUS box that caused a few troubles with delivery and costings.

Ordered some books from Amazon, free super-saver delivery to UK only. Saved about €5-10 on that, and the whole lot was less than half the price of the books in the store in Dublin. Hope this goes well this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Got my third parcel this morning.

Still no mug :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Trying the service for a second time after my last package was delivered in an ENORMOUS box that caused a few troubles with delivery and costings.

Ordered some books from Amazon, free super-saver delivery to UK only. Saved about €5-10 on that, and the whole lot was less than half the price of the books in the store in Dublin. Hope this goes well this time!

Hope each book you are getting isn't going to be packed separately.

If each book is an individual package, it will get a locker all on its own. and at €3.50 a locker that cost could add up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Used it once to get a hard drive of Amazon marketplace and found the service great, 2nd order should be arriving this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

hmm my account was deducted last night of the 3.50 but no texts or mails. ill give it till 2moro just in case, though I have gotten messages in the past on a sunday

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

There was a mix up on my first delivery which ended up in the parcel going back out when it was supposed to be in the depot for collection.

Bit of hassle but in fairness they refunded me.

Ordered another item, twas delivered to Antrim at lunch time, in my locker 9pm that evening.
    Super service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Hey - I've been waiting on a package now for a few days with no sign of it, Amazon split an order of mine into 6 deliveries. I have 5 of the 6 now, one of which was an oversized package I went to Finglas to collect.

The missing package is an oversized one too I reckon, the tracking info on Amazon says it was delivered to your NI depot on Wed 26th so I thought I would have got a text about it now... should I contact customer service too see if they can help or could you look into this for me?

Call off the hounds! Rang Customer Service number there and they said something came in Friday for me so this should sort itself out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Tails142 wrote: »
    Hey - I've been waiting on a package now for a few days with no sign of it, Amazon split an order of mine into 6 deliveries. I have 5 of the 6 now, one of which was an oversized package I went to Finglas to collect.
    Did it still end up cheaper??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Did it still end up cheaper??

yeah that's what I was wondering 6 X 3.50 €21!??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement