Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Anyone know what happens to a parcel if it's refused by parcel motel due to customs charges? It is marked as delivered in someone somewhere after an attempted delivery at PM. It's a USB power bank from china. Will it get sent back to the vendor?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Has anyone used Parcel Motel to send an item to a buyer?

I have sold an item to someone in the UK, and they have paid via PayPal. I want to send it via PM as it is around half the cost of using An Post.

Will PayPal accept an email from them as proof of postage? Also, will the buyer be able to track the delivery or is it just from inside my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

DeeTee100 wrote: »

I have sold an item to someone in the UK, and they have paid via PayPal. I want to send it via PM as it is around half the cost of using An Post.

Will PayPal accept an email from them as proof of postage?

I think it won't be an issue. You can always generate PDF from the tracking to show it was posted/delivered.
    Also, will the buyer be able to track the delivery or is it just from inside my account?

Only from yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Will PayPal accept an email from them as proof of postage? Also, will the buyer be able to track the delivery or is it just from inside my account?

I've only used PM to return an item to a retailer and it didn't go well. As I understand it you generate an account with PM, print out a sticker for the item and leave it in to your PM depot or locker. The item is then delivered to the UK customer's home address. ? Is this correct ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I've sent it quite a few times to the UK with PM. There's a review here

Buyer will be able to track it on Nightline and the UKMail websites.

• Advertisement

That's good feedback. Didn't know the same number would be recognised by Nightline website.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Thanks for this, that's exactly what I needed to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

How do I get a promotion code for parcel motel?

They are looking for one as I register for the first time.

I've been told by seller that I he will pay and I won't be charged when I collect item? Is this right? Can a seller do this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

sedohre wrote: »
    I've been told by seller that I he will pay and I won't be charged when I collect item? Is this right? Can a seller do this?

Thanks

Yes thats possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

How do I get a promotion code for parcel motel?

They are looking for one as I register for the first time.

Thanks

Is it an Irish seller looking to do a PM to PM send and looking for your Parcel Motel ID Number etc?

If it's anything else, i could be wrong, but the seller has it wrong and there is no such thing as a promotion code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Is it an Irish seller looking to do a PM to PM send and looking for your Parcel Motel ID Number etc?

If it's anything else, i could be wrong, but the seller has it wrong and there is no such thing as a promotion code

Thanks the seller, (an individual not company) said he will be paying costs and that I just had to set up a parcel motel account. When I was setting up the account parcel model asked me for a promotion code.

Thanks the seller, (an individual not company) said he will be paying costs and that I just had to set up a parcel motel account. When I was setting up the account parcel model asked me for a promotion code.

So you don't have promotion code - don't enter it and keep going with the registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wonder how many packages that engineering company gets meant for PM... (Amazon tries to correct to it every time).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A package has been dispatched from Amazon today via Amazon Logistics, whoever they are, which according to the tracking is scheduled to arrive at PM in Newtownabbey on Sunday!!!

So, is this actually likely, and if so what will happen to it assuming PM don't work on Sundays?

Amazon Logistics are their own vans (direct or under contract). In the case of PM it might be something bigger. Really annoying thing with AL is you cant track them with external package apps!

I very much doubt they'll attempt a delivery when they're closed, estimate will just get pushed.

Update: Turns out I'm in the same boat as you, AL order set for arrival tomorrow so I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ComputerLab

Hi,
    I've got email from parcel motel saying that my parcel is oversized and I have to collect it in finglas, however when I click on provided link within email to check working hours it redirects to zendesk.com website with error.
    Does anyone kjows working hours. Thanks+

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

ED E wrote: »
    Amazon Logistics are their own vans (direct or under contract). In the case of PM it might be something bigger. Really annoying thing with AL is you cant track them with external package apps!

I very much doubt they'll attempt a delivery when they're closed, estimate will just get pushed.

Update: Turns out I'm in the same boat as you, AL order set for arrival tomorrow so I'll let you know.
    Mine was apparently just delivered, status is "Parcel was handed to resident". Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Do nightline run on Sundays? My parcel was at dublin yesterday and it still said it would be at the motel in 24 hours.

Alun wrote: »
    Mine was apparently just delivered, status is "Parcel was handed to resident". Interesting.
    12:17 Parcel was handed to resident
    Newtownabbey, GB
    Carrier: Amazon Logistics
    12:16 Out for delivery
    Belfast, GB
    05:00 Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    Belfast, GB
    Saturday, 5 Aug
    13:58 Parcel left the carrier facility
    Manchester, STRETFORD, GB
    01:00 Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Same here.

• Advertisement

KD11 wrote: »
    Do nightline run on Sundays? My parcel was at dublin yesterday and it still said it would be at the motel in 24 hours.

Chris O Brien‏ @chris_o_brien Aug 4
    @ParcelMotel I assume there are no deliveries on Monday? I'm expecting something to arrive with you tomorrow but leaving the country on Mon

Parcel Motel‏
    @ParcelMotel
    Replying to @chris_o_brien
    Hello Chris, Motels in the Dublin area will be serviced however some regional motels will not. Thanks Parcel Motel

Same here.
    The last times are the same for me down to the minute.

I can't see how they managed to get from Belfast to Newtownabbey in only 1 minute though :)

Just got to Dublin.

Just got to Dublin.
    Interesting. If mine makes it there today too, I may even get it tonight if I'm lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

My parcel arrived at the Dublin depot yesterday. All parcels I have received before have been waiting for me at my locker the next morning and I tend to get a text at 6am, but I'm guessing it wasn't delivered to the locker this morning as it's Sunday. This might be a silly question, but can I expect my parcel tomorrow or will it be Tuesday morning considering that tomorrow is a Bank Holiday? I'm not certain whether Nightline work on Sunday nights or how they treat Bank Holidays.

Delivered to locker. Earlier than normal, usually after 1AM on the vans route.

Mine was delivered to Dublin last night, but no sign of it in my locker this morning. Usually it gets to Bray around 11pm the same day. Ah well, looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

No sign of mine this morning, and it looks like I won't be able to collect it tomorrow or Wednesday either. Has anyone ever collected their parcel during its second stay? If I do not collect it, will it be brought to Dublin and be processed again or will they leave it in the locker for an additional 48 hours? I wish there was a number that would allow you to delay the delivery by 24 hours, this is a bit of a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Mine has been in Dublin Depot since Saturday morning and since they dont usually get dropped to the motel in Clare till around 3am itll probably be Wednesday before I get it. Couldnt have timed that worse.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Mine was delivered to Dublin last night, but no sign of it in my locker this morning. Usually it gets to Bray around 11pm the same day. Ah well, looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Wicklow probably isnt included in the Dublin coverage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement