Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ED E wrote: »
    Wicklow probably isnt included in the Dublin coverage.
    Was actually delivered late last night to my motel, i.e. on a bank holiday Monday, and picked it up this morning, so all OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Alun wrote: »
    Was actually delivered late last night to my motel, i.e. on a bank holiday Monday, and picked it up this morning, so all OK.

Before midnight last night?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Before midnight last night?
    Yes, around 10.30pm. That's common for my motel and can be any time up till 11pm if it arrived at the Dublin depot that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Need thermal paste pretty quick this week so using PM for the first time and got Amazon Prime on a trial. Ordered it yesterday evening, delivered to PM at about 11am this morning and checked in now at 3pm. So far very happy with how fast it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Live relatively far away from any parcel motel but I can collect from one near work. Got notice of package being available for collection. Was on holidays last week and wasn't able to collect. Wasn't going to go out of way for it. It was one of those stores that hold inside. This week went back in and it was still there. Hadn't gone back twice or so meaning I wasn't charged three times for it. Maybe an idea for those of you who can't collect and are expecting a package to change to one of these "in store" collection points. Change back to their regular one after collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Do they deliver parcels to your locker on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do they deliver parcels to your locker on Sunday?

Often do in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Returning Item to Amazon and putting in the address and the cost is €14.50 this cannot be right as costs only €3 to get it delivered?

Go into returns and choose parcel size and then manually insert address

This cannot be the right price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Returning Item to Amazon and putting in the address and the cost is €14.50 this cannot be right as costs only €3 to get it delivered?

Go into returns and choose parcel size and then manually insert address

This cannot be the right price?

Yes it is the right price if you are returning to Amazon and not to collect+/royalmail etc.

Ask Amazon for a label to their Dublin address.

Yes it is the right price if you are returning to Amazon and not to collect+/royalmail etc.

Ask Amazon for a label to their Dublin address.

I am delivering it by Collect + to their address in Fife. Was not this cost previously don't think so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I am delivering it by Collect + to their address in Fife. Was not this cost previously don't think so?

If you have a Collect+ label from Amazon, select Collect+ under Return To a Retailer or use a prepaid label. It will cost €3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Go onto the amazon website and chat with a rep you want to return a item, they will give u label for amazon, (ive been given labels for anpost before also), if its a royal mail label go to parcelmotel, returns, retailer royal mail and it will be 3.50

If you have a Collect+ label from Amazon, select Collect+ under Return To a Retailer or use a prepaid label. It will cost €3.50

Perfect that's it exactly could not find anything on the site re Amazon returns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone ever had an item from Amazon held by customs for inspection and if so how long after did you receive the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had an item from Amazon held by customs for inspection and if so how long after did you receive the item.

Depends on which branch of Amazon. Shouldn't be happening with any of the EU branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

never had, we are in the european union, unless it was something like a air gun or crossbow or the like, youd have to contact customs to sort it out

Depends on which branch of Amazon. Shouldn't be happening with any of the EU branches.

UK branch.
    never had, we are in the european union, unless it was something like a air gun or crossbow or the like, youd have to contact customs to sort it out

No its a bottle of alcohol, the last bottle I got went through fine with them, I know it is on the prohibitive list with PM but it only says fragile on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

UK branch.

No its a bottle of alcohol, the last bottle I got went through fine with them, I know it is on the prohibitive list with PM but it only says fragile on the box.

Surprised Aamzon UK shipped alcohol to the North. Normally it's says cant ship to Northern Ireland. Unless you bought it through the marketplace.

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Surprised Aamzon UK shipped alcohol to the North. Normally it's says cant ship to Northern Ireland. Unless you bought it through the marketplace.

Double checked and it was from Amazon itself, "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon"

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Double checked and it was from Amazon itself, "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon"

Interesting! I would like to see the outcome of this, if you could keep up to date on future developments. It would be great.

• Advertisement

They gave me a number to contact tomorrow, so will see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Hi folks,in need of some advice for a large item..got stuck ordering a rug for herself from a UK store that wont deliver to Ireland...its 6ft x 3ft and rolled up for delivery... would anyone happen to have a rough indicator or how much Parcel Motel would charge for an oversize item like this?? or would you be better going with the dpd service for soemthing like this...

Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi folks,in need of some advice for a large item..got stuck ordering a rug for herself from a UK store that wont deliver to Ireland...its 6ft x 3ft and rolled up for delivery... would anyone happen to have a rough indicator or how much Parcel Motel would charge for an oversize item like this?? or would you be better going with the dpd service for soemthing like this...

Any advice appreciated

They will send you an email giving you the option of delivery or pick up . The last time I had something delivered it was about 10.90 but that could have changed by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

celticsfan wrote: »

Any advice appreciated

If you pick it up yourself at the local depot I can't see how it cost more than €7 unless the rug (or me) is extraordinary thick.
    Using the calculator a 36 inch width rug has to roll up thicker than 16 inches in diameter (36 x 17 x 17) to cost €14 delivery to your local depot. Even rolled lengthways it would need to be thicker than 11 inches to cost that (72 x 12 x 12).

Ideally, if you can get the width and diameter of it rolled from the shop you can work the cost out for sure. (Actual weight won't matter assuming it's less than 55 KG's).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah, the one thing I feared became I reality..ordered a TV off Amazon UK, it had free delivery to Ireland but I said I'd use my prime and get it to Parcel Motel as I recalled getting an email along the lines of

"Did you know that you can order larger items through Parcel Motel with prices starting from only €7.00*?

You can order anything from washing machines to bikes, TVs to tyres and everything else in between. Before you buy your item, visit our Parcel Motel XL Calculator to get a quote and we will take it from there"

Well, package was dispatched by "Hermes", first sign of alarm as I'd lost something by them before...then got to PM yesterday, I'd added that extended liability to Parcel Motel as a safety net, was delivered to XL Depot last night.

Picked it up this morning. Box looked OK.

But screen was ****ed. Amazon issued a replacement and gave me a return label - any tips on how I get this fecking TV back to PM in the north!?

Sad Photos:
    http://imgur.com/a/1odby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Shlippery wrote: »
    Ah, the one thing I feared became I reality..ordered a TV off Amazon UK, it had free delivery to Ireland but I said I'd use my prime and get it to Parcel Motel as I recalled getting an email along the lines of

"Did you know that you can order larger items through Parcel Motel with prices starting from only €7.00*?

You can order anything from washing machines to bikes, TVs to tyres and everything else in between. Before you buy your item, visit our Parcel Motel XL Calculator to get a quote and we will take it from there"

Well, package was dispatched by "Hermes", first sign of alarm as I'd lost something by them before...then got to PM yesterday, I'd added that extended liability to Parcel Motel as a safety net, was delivered to XL Depot last night.

Picked it up this morning. Box looked OK.

But screen was ****ed. Amazon issued a replacement and gave me a return label - any tips on how I get this fecking TV back to PM in the north!?

Sad Photos:
    http://imgur.com/a/1odby

You're going to have to lug it back to the depot yourself, then invoke the pm return arrangement. It might be possible to get a direct return from Amazon with a home pickup? Probably not. I got a direct pickup from Costco UK for a returned item which was originally sent via PM. Large tv stand sent in wrong colour. I just told them the goods were at a different address than original delivery. Didn't have to bother pm at all. Better still the courier arrived with the correct replacement first, but declined to take the original, different job he said.
    Your case involves damage though, whodunit? Hermes or PM. Time to measure the bootprint on the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

deezell wrote: »
    You're going to have to lug it back to the depot yourself, then invoke the pm return arrangement. It might be possible to get a direct return from Amazon with a home pickup? Probably not. I got a direct pickup from Costco UK for a returned item which was originally sent via PM. Large tv stand sent in wrong colour. I just told them the goods were at a different address than original delivery. Didn't have to bother pm at all. Better still the courier arrived with the correct replacement first, but declined to take the original, different job he said.
    Your case involves damage though, whodunit? Hermes or PM. Time to measure the bootprint on the box...

Yea - a fun trip ahead. Amazon have the replacement already sent out and return label issued, so I'm happy to slap it onto the telly and drop it to the depot in Finglas if that gets it back some how, I'm close enough so it's not the end of the world.

I said it was in Ireland when I called Amazon, but the fella on the phone (someone in Cork) said it'd have to go to the North to be returned. A pain in the hole. Would have been happy to buy the TV in Richersounds, only for I'd a good chunk of Amazon vouchers to use, so it made more sense to get it online..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

....... wrote: »

If they know the answer, couple of hours. If they don't, they will simply ignore you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement