Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

....... wrote: »

Indeed happens a lot. I always make sure to send the seller a message to always include PM id after every purchase online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Put the PMID between your first and family name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Update on my TV: Was in touch with a guy in PM Customer Service - absolute gentleman, he arranged for me to return the TV to the depot and he'd get it to Amazon returns from there. I dropped it there this morning and all went well, hopefully it's on its way to Edinburgh now to TV Graveyard.

Amazon have dispatched out the new one....Hermes again..hopefully this time will go smoother. Expecting it tomorrow / Thursday.

Funnily enough, I looked at the box again and could see a tiny hole in the side where it was damaged, it was if a fine skewer pierced the box and the foam inside, would barely notice only for the messed up screen.

On the downside, I was told the PM extended liability didn't cover the TV, so that seemed like a bit of a waste and unsure of the point of it :/

3. Extended Liability covers all goods passing through your account both incoming and sent for up to 14 days for the amount purchased. Items which are deemed insufficiently packaged or which are on our list of non covered goods are not insured under Standard or Extended Liability. As your TV contained a LCD screen, this is not covered unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Update on my TV: Was in touch with a guy in PM Customer Service - absolute gentleman, he arranged for me to return the TV to the depot and he'd get it to Amazon returns from there. I dropped it there this morning and all went well, hopefully it's on its way to Edinburgh now to TV Graveyard.

Amazon have dispatched out the new one....Hermes again..hopefully this time will go smoother. Expecting it tomorrow / Thursday.

Funnily enough, I looked at the box again and could see a tiny hole in the side where it was damaged, it was if a fine skewer pierced the box and the foam inside, would barely notice only for the messed up screen.

On the downside, I was told the PM extended liability didn't cover the TV, so that seemed like a bit of a waste and unsure of the point of it :/

3. Extended Liability covers all goods passing through your account both incoming and sent for up to 14 days for the amount purchased. Items which are deemed insufficiently packaged or which are on our list of non covered goods are not insured under Standard or Extended Liability. As your TV contained a LCD screen, this is not covered unfortunately.

Did it contain LCD or OLED screen though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

That's the standard excuse trotted out when anything goes missing. I'm a bit dubious about it - nearly all retailers have automated address systems taken directly from the website. Check when the parcel actually arrives ;)

grogi wrote: »
    Did it contain LCD or OLED screen though?!

Nah, wasn't OLED - LG 49UJ670V 49 inch 4K LED TV - would it make a difference!?

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Nah, wasn't OLED - LG 49UJ670V 49 inch 4K LED TV - would it make a difference!?

Joking a bit... If they have an LCD screen exclusion (although I haven't seen such anywhere) it would not apply to OLED screens, which are not LCD based.

grogi wrote: »
    Joking a bit... If they have an LCD screen exclusion (although I haven't seen such anywhere) it would not apply to OLED screens, which are not LCD based.

Haha, fair enough, sorry, been a rough weekend..the broken TV has broken my spirits!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Interesting! I would like to see the outcome of this, if you could keep up to date on future developments. It would be great.

Package arrived today in the motel, looks like it was just caught up in a random inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

recipio wrote: »
    I'm a bit dubious about it - nearly all retailers have automated address systems taken directly from the website.

many will have limited characters and/or limited lines. Just like people in this forum often ask how the hell they are meant to enter PW/PM/Apal addresses into the limited lines in say amazon.

I know in my work I had to cut off a name as it would not have printed on the page in some automated invoice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rubadub wrote: »
    many will have limited characters and/or limited lines. Just like people in this forum often ask how the hell they are meant to enter PW/PM/Apal addresses into the limited lines in say amazon.

I know in my work I had to cut off a name as it would not have printed on the page in some automated invoice system.

That would be a database issue, the allowable number of characters in the field is too low for the pmid to be added. Ran into that issue once before where my town name was too long for the field at 19 characters, max allowed was 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

I've noticed that parcels get dropped in Belfast depot and there's no update until I get a notification that they've arrived in Dublin depot a few hours later. PM must just turf everything onto a truck and bring them to Dublin to process?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've noticed that parcels get dropped in Belfast depot and there's no update until I get a notification that they've arrived in Dublin depot a few hours later. PM must just turf everything onto a truck and bring them to Dublin to process?
    I think so. I think previously they sent the notification from Belfast but now do it in Dublin instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Intake has been going on in Dublin for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hermes have delivered 2 Amazon packages for me to PW in the last few weeks, no bother. One was delivered yesterday.

With regards to my TV story - some what good ending - took the broken one back to Parcel Motel and they said they'd ship it back to Amazon in Edinburgh, and refunded me the cost of sending it back., picked up the new TV today, box looked a bit sketchy again, but thankfully TV is in one piece and happily up and running.

Hopefully get confirmation that Amaozn received the broken one and can end the saga, but in conclusion, Parcel Motel are cool in my books. I'll blame it on fierce bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I tried to send an item by Parcel Motel on Thursday.
    Printed the label off and went to the machine on Newtownpark Avenue in Blackrock. I scanned the code and the screen said a door on the right was opening, mechanical noise but no open door. The screen then said a door on the left was opening - didn't happen. Then nothing. I tried scanning the code again and was told it was invalid.
    Went home (20 min drive) and emailed PM support. I asked for the parcel to be collected by one of their vans that I see driving around but that was refused. I was told the code was still valid and to try again at the machine and if there was a problem there to ring a support number.
    Went down again this afternoon and guess what - invalid code. Rang the support number given and got an answering machine!! What a waste of time and what shoddy customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

Hi guys, I have a question. Does anyone know how their lockers work? I was sending a parcel to another PM user. The label scanned no problem and the locker opened, I put it in and closed the door shut, I definitely made sure it was completely shut. I do not remember clicking confirm on the screen afterwards and I definitely did not receive a message as usual. This was on Friday. I am 99% sure now that perhaps I never clicked Confirm which means that the person who came after me may have taken it. I am after emailing them today but I was wondering if anyone knows if their system locks automatically after a period of inactivity which is the only hope I have right now? If if doesn't I'd say someone has helped themselves to my parcel .... I am so annoyed at my own stupidity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Orchid wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a question. Does anyone know how their lockers work? I was sending a parcel to another PM user. The label scanned no problem and the locker opened, I put it in and closed the door shut, I definitely made sure it was completely shut. I do not remember clicking confirm on the screen afterwards and I definitely did not receive a message as usual. This was on Friday. I am 99% sure now that perhaps I never clicked Confirm which means that the person who came after me may have taken it. I am after emailing them today but I was wondering if anyone knows if their system locks automatically after a period of inactivity which is the only hope I have right now? If if doesn't I'd say someone has helped themselves to my parcel .... I am so annoyed at my own stupidity!!

When you check your parcel Motel account Sent Items can you see in the status PM Cust Stored or PM Cust Sent? Or what status does it have?

nava wrote: »
    When you check your parcel Motel account Sent Items can you see in the status PM Cust Stored or PM Cust Sent? Or what status does it have?

I can't see any sent items, I had no idea it was possible to see your sent items. I still can't find how. It is not showing in History with my received parcels, the only trace I have of it in the account is the charge. I have definitely messed this one up. I emailed them and I will let you know how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I can't see any sent items, I had no idea it was possible to see your sent items. I still can't find how. It is not showing in History with my received parcels, the only trace I have of it in the account is the charge. I have definitely messed this one up. I emailed them and I will let you know how it goes...

When logged in, under the two blue boxes containing the UK and Irish address there is a link called Sent Parcels. Click this and it will show the tracking details.

When logged in, under the two blue boxes containing the UK and Irish address there is a link called Sent Parcels. Click this and it will show the tracking details.

Thank you so much for this, it is showing as Created but when you click on the tracking it says PM Depot Dublin so I am guessing that it will be stored in the other person's PM very soon. What a relief ... Thanks again for your help. It seems I never clicked confirm so I never got a text message and this is why it is still only showing only as Created in my PM. Either it autolocks after a period of inactivity or the next person who was using the machine has just left it there or handed it to Nightline. What a relief! Thanks again for all of your help.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for this, it is showing as Created but when you click on the tracking it says PM Depot Dublin so I am guessing that it will be stored in the other person's PM very soon. What a relief ... Thanks again for your help. It seems I never clicked confirm so I never got a text message and this is why it is still only showing only as Created in my PM. Either it autolocks after a period of inactivity or the next person who was using the machine has just left it there or handed it to Nightline. What a relief! Thanks again for all of your help.

Give us the tracking number... Something does not add up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement