Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I haven't been getting text notifications for a good while now. If its in the depot you're fine. Once you close the door it locks automatically as far as I know. Same as when picking up, once you close the door it locks and you have the option to reopen it. When sending there isn't this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

I haven't been getting text notifications for a good while now. If its in the depot you're fine. Once you close the door it locks automatically as far as I know. Same as when picking up, once you close the door it locks and you have the option to reopen it. When sending there isn't this option.

That's good to know, thanks for the info. The girl receiving the parcel emailed them yesterday and they have come back to her that it will be stored in her PM today so I think all will hopefully be ok. Needless to say I will use normal post next time as I am clearly not able for this service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I received the usual notification from PM that they had a Parcel for me last Sunday 20th. On Monday 21st I didn't get the text/email so contacted PM to query why. They said the lockers were full and it would come the next day.

It's 9 days later and still no package. I have contacted PM multiple time through email, PM and Twitter. PM have only replied to a few of my messages and say they are investigating.

Anyone else experienced this or am I just unlucky? They haven't been at all proactive about responding to me or trying to resolve the issue. I think they are hoping I will just forget about it. I have started used Parcel Wizard instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When they get busy they ignore customer care. Hopefully UPS will reform them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I am getting a one-plus phone delivered via ups to parcel motel but I got a failed delivery message yesterday. Did this ever happen anyone before as I thought that it would be standard practice for couriers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I am getting a one-plus phone delivered via ups to parcel motel but I got a failed delivery message yesterday. Did this ever happen anyone before as I thought that it would be standard practice for couriers?

You will probably get it today, yesterday was crazy busy with it being a bank holiday in the UK on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Dazzy wrote: »
    I received the usual notification from PM that they had a Parcel for me last Sunday 20th. On Monday 21st I didn't get the text/email so contacted PM to query why. They said the lockers were full and it would come the next day.

It's 9 days later and still no package. I have contacted PM multiple time through email, PM and Twitter. PM have only replied to a few of my messages and say they are investigating.

Anyone else experienced this or am I just unlucky? They haven't been at all proactive about responding to me or trying to resolve the issue. I think they are hoping I will just forget about it. I have started used Parcel Wizard instead.

If your package is from Amazon, contact them. They can put more pressure on PM than an individual customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Processed in Dublin at 1707 but didn't make it to the locker last night. They've got me spoiled with turnarounds.

Update: Stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lukipuki

I bought some medication online via a UK prescription with my old doctor.

Parcel Motel seem to have lost it. It wasn't in the locker when opened.

I've emailed them through the website, parcelmotel.com, and they marked the case as resolved even though the package wasn't delivered. I contacted them again after a few days. Still no parcel.

So I called 3 times now and still haven't had any information on weather my parcel is lost forever or what. When I asked to speak to a manager the agent refused and hung up on me when I insisted.

Has this happened anyone else and how did you resolve? I can't understand why no one in authority can fast track the case as its been in their attention for over a week and a half.

Thread merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

lukipuki wrote: »
    I bought some medication online via a UK prescription with my old doctor.

Parcel Motel seem to have lost it. It wasn't in the locker when opened.

I've emailed them through the website, parcelmotel.com, and they marked the case as resolved even though the package wasn't delivered. I contacted them again after a few days. Still no parcel.

So I called 3 times now and still haven't had any information on weather my parcel is lost forever or what. When I asked to speak to a manager the agent refused and hung up on me when I insisted.

Has this happened anyone else and how did you resolve? I can't understand why no one in authority can fast track the case as its been in their attention for over a week and a half.

Have you tracking proof that it was delivered to Parcel Motel? Did you get an email or text saying it was in the locker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lukipuki

statto25 wrote: »
    Have you tracking proof that it was delivered to Parcel Motel? Did you get an email or text saying it was in the locker?

Yes. Parcel Motel sent a photo of it in the depo too. Then they texted to say go collect last month, but the locker was empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fdsfad3525

Hey guys, I have ordered 2 packages (shipped as 1 parcel by DPD) and they delivered it on Thursday morning. I went to collect the packages on friday morning, but only one of my packages was there. I have only received a photo of the package that was there, and nothing from the other one. I submitted package lost form on friday afternoon, and have not heard anything since. This really worries me as I need the package ASAP and it's worth 700euro (I bumped up the insurance to 1k). Anyone who had their package lost, how long did you have to wait to get a response and/or your package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Anyone know if the 076 contact number is a premium number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

irishmoss wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 076 contact number is a premium number?

It's a premium number with most providers, if you use VOIP it could be free depending on the provider. Here is a link with more info about prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Folks was looking to buy a piece of electronics from an Ali Express seller but they won't ship to Ireland the item is worth €120 they seem to be marking declaring the the item as $30 from photos I've seen on the seller reviews is this under the limit of what's allowed in by U.K? Customs as I might chance getting it shipped in via Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Folks was looking to buy a piece of electronics from an Ali Express seller but they won't ship to Ireland the item is worth €120 they seem to be marking declaring the the item as $30 from photos I've seen on the seller reviews is this under the limit of what's allowed in by U.K? Customs as I might chance getting it shipped in via Parcel Motel.

Just find another seller that would ship here...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Over £15 incurs import VAT & £8 RMail handling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

styron wrote: »
    Over £15 incurs import VAT & £8 RMail handling fee.

also see
    https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/pay-a-fee
    2. HM Revenue and Customs have applied a customs charge. The charge will be at least £8.01 and will include an £8 handling fee, any tax and customs fees Opens in new window and the unpaid postage.
    wording is not fully clear to me, but could mean they do not bothering to collect anything less than £8.01 in VAT, so at their current VAT it could mean the real limit is about £40, just like here the limit is 22, but actually the limit at current VAT is ~26euro, as they officially do not collect below 6euro. It does say "will include" as though the VAT could be 1p, but that does not make much sense. But £40 does sound very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I notice they marked the package as gift and $30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

rubadub wrote: »
    wording is not fully clear to me, but could mean they do not bothering to collect anything less than £8.01 in VAT, so at their current VAT it could mean the real limit is about £40, just like here the limit is 22, but actually the limit at current VAT is ~26euro, as they officially do not collect below 6euro. It does say "will include" as though the VAT could be 1p, but that does not make much sense. But £40 does sound very high.

Your understanding is wrong. If you need to pay, you will never pay less than 8.01 GBP. If the duties/VAT are 0.01 GBP, you pay 8.01 - because there is 8 GBP handling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

You will probably get it today, yesterday was crazy busy with it being a bank holiday in the UK on Monday.

I think some maybe are unlucky, I've never had an issue apart from Xmas delay. I ordered the first of my Xmas gifts on Thursday afternoon from Amazon (UK only deal from Maplin webdeals), It popped into my Locker Midnight Monday Night. No bank Holiday blues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

grogi wrote: »
    Your understanding is wrong. If you need to pay, you will never pay less than 8.01 GBP. If the duties/VAT are 0.01 GBP, you pay 8.01 - because there is 8 GBP handling fee.
    I wonder what the limit is in practise. I wonder if people really are being stung for a miserable £3, (20% on £15).

Does anyone know from what time the Newtownabbey depot is open till? Im having a package delivered there to be forwarded to another depot and I wondering what time they stay open receiving packages until?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Don't think I'll be using PM again, they have a serious capacity problem in my area that they seem unwilling to rectify. The last 4 times I've used the service I've had to wait 2-3 days after arriving in the depot for it to be put in a locker.

Will be using Parcel Wizard from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Another issue with Parcel Motel is that the screens lock up when they are in direct sunlight. The one near me would you believe it, faces East so until the afternoon it is a nightmare to get the numbers on the keypad working. I have to use a large sheet of card to try block the light. My guess is a lot of people wait until the evening, it is very frustrating keying in the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dazzy wrote: »

Its 18 days since PM received my package and still no sign of it. The really frustrating part is that they have not been proactive about resolving the problem. I have to keep chasing them and I always get the same response about searching the warehouse for it....

I wonder is an 18 day delay some type of record? Probably not for this crowd.

I've moved to Parcel Wizard and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

....... wrote: »
    Can you not nominate a different set of lockers?

The only options near me are Greystones and Kilmacanogue, both of which get heavy use especially Kilmacanogue as it is on the N11.

There are only 5 locations along the East coast in the county of Wicklow, Bray, Kilmacanogue, Greystones, Wicklow Town and Arklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only options near me are Greystones and Kilmacanogue, both of which get heavy use especially Kilmacanogue as it is on the N11.

There are only 5 locations along the East coast in the county of Wicklow, Bray, Kilmacanogue, Greystones, Wicklow Town and Arklow.
    I use the one at the Centra on Boghall Road in Bray. Usually if an item arrives in NI in the morning, it's in my locker around 11pm the same night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement