Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The only options near me are Greystones and Kilmacanogue, both of which get heavy use especially Kilmacanogue as it is on the N11.

There are only 5 locations along the East coast in the county of Wicklow, Bray, Kilmacanogue, Greystones, Wicklow Town and Arklow.
    Kilmac would be the one I use, and never had any issues with delays from time arriving in the depot. Even at Christmas when they were flagging delays, it was only a day.

I have just switched to Addresspal, but that's because I'm not passing kilmac anymore rather than an issue with delays with that motel tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Don't think I'll be using PM again, they have a serious capacity problem in my area that they seem unwilling to rectify. The last 4 times I've used the service I've had to wait 2-3 days after arriving in the depot for it to be put in a locker.

Will be using Parcel Wizard from now on.

Myself and others have suggested it before, if a lockers loaded give customers a discount for early collection. You can empty every unit in 24hrs instead of 48 drastically increasing package turnover.

If there were zero alternatives they wouldnt need to care, but with the recent competition they'll just shed custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ED E wrote: »
    Myself and others have suggested it before, if a lockers loaded give customers a discount for early collection.
    yeah, at christmas there was some attempt, if you collected early you were in with a chance to win a tv or something. Did not impress me at all, number 1 I do not want a new tv, and 2 -I never trust these types of prizes as I suspect it goes to somebody a worker in the place knows.

I would prefer a discount, credit on your account, or some deal like "collect 4 times early and get a free stay"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I have noticed the delay recently too (and it's surely too soon for the xmas rush already :eek:). Yesterday I got an email telling me my parcel was in the depot at about 1pm and it has still not arrived in a locker, despite the email stating to "allow up to 24 hours" (normally it would always have arrived the same evening at around 9:30-10pm). Now I imagine it will be Monday tbh which is quite a delay. I think if it takes longer than the specified 24 hours, there should be a discount e.g. €1 credit off your next stay - the same with collecting early during peak season/times as rubadub suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimmy1672

Hi guys. I ordered something from Amazon UK to be sent to PM depot in Newtownabbey. I just received an email from Royal Mail to say they will try and deliver it today. Will the depot be open on a Saturday? If not, what will happen with my package?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

jimmy1672 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I ordered something from Amazon UK to be sent to PM depot in Newtownabbey. I just received an email from Royal Mail to say they will try and deliver it today. Will the depot be open on a Saturday? If not, what will happen with my package?
    It will be delivered today. PM are open on Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

I was told the rush is due to back to school online buyers by the staff who refunded me the delivery cost because it wasn't delivered in 24 hours of receiving it in Dublin. My guess is sterling is weak so people buying early for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭G-Man

Hello,
    My sender put a slightly incorrect address and just put

Pm9xxxx
    1A Mackinney road,

I.e no PARCEL MOTEL name.. I guess nightline - PM are big enough to have the whole of 1A

Online delivery note says left at front desk and signed by GOURLEY

I hope Gourley works for PM...

I've never used the parcel motel name and hundreds of parcels arrived without issue.

Wouldn't worry at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

G-Man wrote: »
    Hello,

Pm9xxxx
    1A Mackinney road,

I.e no PARCEL MOTEL name.. I guess nightline - PM are big enough to have the whole of 1A

Should be ok accidentally did that with gamecollection and it arrived in PM ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hello,

Pm9xxxx
    1A Mackinney road,

Actually on the Parcel Motel site it now gives the recommended address without the Parcel Motel bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 angelraven08

Got an email that my parcel was checked-in at Dublin depot. It is in transit since 15:19 today. Will it arrive tonight at Cornelscourt Texaco?

Got an email that my parcel was checked-in at Dublin depot. It is in transit since 15:19 today. Will it arrive tonight at Cornelscourt Texaco?

I'd expect it to yep. Normally does for me.

I'd expect it to yep. Normally does for me.

Thanks! Will they text you even late at night?

Thanks! Will they text you even late at night?

Depends on your settings on your PM account. My texts haven't been working at all, I just receive the emails.

Normally stored between 23.15 and 00.45.

Depends on your settings on your PM account. My texts haven't been working at all, I just receive the emails.

Normally stored between 23.15 and 00.45.

Alright, thanks for all the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Can anyone help me?

I have no doubt this has probably been dealt with before so be kind!!

I got a package delivered from Amazon to the NI address, and now when I go into my amazon account and try to do a return it is only letting me chose the NI address as my return address for a pick up.

Can you only return to the address that you got the item delivered to or am I missing something.

Do I have to do the return via Parcel Motel and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Vudgie wrote: »
    Can anyone help me?

I have no doubt this has probably been dealt with before so be kind!!

I got a package delivered from Amazon to the NI address, and now when I go into my amazon account and try to do a return it is only letting me chose the NI address as my return address for a pick up.

Can you only return to the address that you got the item delivered to or am I missing something.

Do I have to do the return via Parcel Motel and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks
    The return label pickup will be from that address, but PM have a system for Amazon returns, they'll pick it up from your Motel for free. At least that's my understanding, not done an Amazon return. Log onto to PM and go to the FAQs and returns section.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

deezell wrote: »
    The return label pickup will be from that address, but PM have a system for Amazon returns, they'll pick it up from your Motel for free. At least that's my understanding, not done an Amazon return. Log onto to PM and go to the FAQs and returns section.

Not for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

grogi wrote: »
    Not for free.

Ah, did I read recently that Amazon is not on the list of prepaid returns, such as Topshop, Virgin media etc. Just checked, returns to these partner companies are free. Here's the story with Amazon.
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/amazon-returns/
    Some returns end up free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hello,

Pm9xxxx
    1A Mackinney road,

It'll be fine but PM may ring you to confirm its for you. They recently got pissy if your name AND PMID arent both on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Think I'll also have to move away from Parcel motel. Last two parcels to Balbriggan site badly delayed. Still waiting on one to be put into the locker, it arrived in depot last Friday at 13:15pm. was told yesterday that it would be in the delivery last night, but wasn't.

With the first item that was delayed, I had paid extra delivery for faster delivery to parcel motel in NI, it arrived last Thursday but wasn't put into the locker until late Saturday night. Ended up collecting Sunday morning.

All other parcel motel sites are a 40 mins round trip drive. Just wish the updates from Parcel motel was better, they seem to be ignoring the fact the Balbriggan site is maxed out. It's a pity they are not more proactive with their communications or maybe give you other choices when your designated locker is/will be over booked. I've been a customer of parcel motel for the past four years, but this level of service is just poor and I can only see it getting worst in the following months.

Going to try address pal or even parcel wizard, but DPD delivery can be very hit and miss in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Note to self: Don't use the Lucan parcel notel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

urgh that doesn't instill confidence at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Kamili wrote: »
    urgh that doesn't instill confidence at all...

A sure test for their CCTV system now.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

A sure test for their CCTV system now.

CCTV?!

Was it definitely robbed? I've seen the (old) one in Ballybrack like that but they were testing the door mechanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Was it definitely robbed? I've seen the (old) one in Ballybrack like that but they were testing the door mechanisms.

From the parcel Motel Twitter Account

Replying to @lucanlass1
    Hi Sandra, unfortunately this motel was broken into last night. If you had a parcel stored please contact support@parcelmotel.com. Thanks PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement