Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    But the packets aren’t sent by Post, and wouldn’t be covered under the regulations?

I was basing it on whats part of the USO and whats not, that may be a wrong interpretation. GM228 would know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

rubadub wrote: »
    I would imagine "postal packet" is a legal term which includes things described by an post as letters/postcards, large envelopes, parcels or packets /.../

Yes it is.
    ED E wrote: »
    Parcels arent mail, but packets are. Doubt many get letters to PM. Could be a dozen or so charges in there at least.

That's what happens if you selectively quote a regulation... From same Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Act 2011:
    “postal packet” means an item addressed in the final form in which it is to be carried by a postal service provider and includes a letter, parcel, packet or any other article transmissible by post;

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Interesting loophole:
    What is a postal service?
    The term “postal services” is defined by the Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Act 2011 (“the 2011 Act”) as “services involving the clearance, sorting, transport and distribution of postal packets”.

The two distinguishing features of a “postal packet” are that it is addressed and that it has been accepted or intended for transmission by post.

ComReg has concluded that “Document Exchange” and “Express and Courier services” and the delivery of unaddressed advertising material are not “postal services”.

https://www.comreg.ie/industry/postal-regulation/faqs/postal-service-providers/

Nightline/Parcel Motel have registered as authorised ' postal providers'. The kicker is that PM postal status applies only for letters-parcels up to 2kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dazzy wrote: »
    Its 18 days since PM received my package and still no sign of it. The really frustrating part is that they have not been proactive about resolving the problem. I have to keep chasing them and I always get the same response about searching the warehouse for it....

I wonder is an 18 day delay some type of record? Probably not for this crowd.

I've moved to Parcel Wizard and no problems.

Its taken 32 days for PM to finally admit that they lost my package. Its been a complete head wreck to get them to admit this and process a refund. I'm sure if I didn't keep pushing them it would still be going on.... Parcel Wizard from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

Dazzy I'm just after coming through the same hassle! I sent a parcel on 07/08, have been chasing for weeks, and only as I lodged a complaint yesterday I've been approved a claim. Foolishly I didn't increase my liability so I'm still down moneywise, but it's been a learning experience! Time to investigate other options!

• Advertisement

• Did anyone ever do a return for MyMemory.co.uk? They have a freepost return address on the Channel Islands. I'm assuming I just select "Royal Mail" on the PM site? Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

ruthy_2504 wrote: »
    Dazzy I'm just after coming through the same hassle! I sent a parcel on 07/08, have been chasing for weeks, and only as I lodged a complaint yesterday I've been approved a claim. Foolishly I didn't increase my liability so I'm still down moneywise, but it's been a learning experience! Time to investigate other options!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you are not out of pocket too much.
    Their customer service is woeful. I'm still trying to get a refund as I wont be using them anymore but they are translating refund into credit to my account. It looks like Paypal is the only way to get a refund for something they lose. I'm getting serious attitude from cust service too.

Did anyone ever do a return for MyMemory.co.uk? They have a freepost return address on the Channel Islands. I'm assuming I just select "Royal Mail" on the PM site? Is that correct?

Gave it to An Post 2wks ago. Technically not Freepost in ROI but it got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Pretty impressed with the oversized parcel experience so far, arrived in NI today and is apparently already in Dublin if their insufficient funds email is to be believed. Will still be waiting until it gets to the Limerick Depot but didn't expect it to even get to Belfast today so I'm pretty happy so far.

"Sun 24 Sep 11:11 Parcel Motel Dublin Package left depot
    Sun 24 Sep 20:06 Dublin Package weighed at depot"

Anyone ever had anything like this? How can it have "left" and yet be weighed hours later? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

roddy15 wrote: »
    "Sun 24 Sep 11:11 Parcel Motel Dublin Package left depot
    Sun 24 Sep 20:06 Dublin Package weighed at depot"

Anyone ever had anything like this? How can it have "left" and yet be weighed hours later? :P

Weighed at Limerick depot?

deezell wrote: »
    Weighed at Limerick depot?

It says Dublin so I don't know what to think, could just be a tracking mistake. Suppose the only way to find out is to wait until morning to get confirmation it's in the depot or not. I just think it should say Limerick instead of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

roddy15 wrote: »
    It says Dublin so I don't know what to think, could just be a tracking mistake. Suppose the only way to find out is to wait until morning to get confirmation it's in the depot or not. I just think it should say Limerick instead of Dublin.

Dublin package, i.e. package from Dublin. Oversize is a great service. I got a monstrous package with free UK delivery using it. Two people to lift, barely fitted across back seats, yet it only cost me the what, €7.95 was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They have replaced the motel that was broken into and have fitted anew one which is back online. T

deezell wrote: »
    Dublin package, i.e. package from Dublin. Oversize is a great service. I got a monstrous package with free UK delivery using it. Two people to lift, barely fitted across back seats, yet it only cost me the what, €7.95 was it?

Oh, that makes sense actually, just checked though and it's in columns and Dublin is in the location one. Too late in the day for me obviously, flu and lab reports add to my lack of brain functionality so you are probably right. :P

Yeah, I don't want to jinx myself and find the screen is broken but the overall service for oversized is pretty nice, given the cost of the thing I took out the €1,000 extended liability so overall getting it from Amazon to here cost €14. I was guessing based on my own rough calculations I might have to pay more than that but seems the box was small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

is it possible to use parcelmotel to send mobile phones from UK, i heard that we cant send batteries or devices with batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Farango wrote: »
    is it possible to use parcelmotel to send mobile phones from UK, i heard that we cant send batteries or devices with batteries?

Well I did receive an iPhone from Apple a couple of years ago using Parcel motel without any problem so you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Fresh email from PM:

428856.png

NB: Anyone else getting SMS on time and emails delayed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

joujoujou wrote: »
    Fresh email from PM:
    Also got one today about a 2nd Motel opening in Kilkenny City

• Advertisement

NB: Anyone else getting SMS on time and emails delayed?

Action from 17:50 notified at 22:27.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ciaran_geraghty

I feel Parcel Moble's customer service is terrible of late. I think it has got very bad since John and Dave sold in May 17 -nobody in charge now- no accountable person. I am a big customer of them and it still makes no difference. If there was a competing company out there I would move to them straight away but there is nt at the moment at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I feel Parcel Moble's customer service is terrible of late. I think it has got very bad since John and Dave sold in May 17 -nobody in charge now- no accountable person. I am a big customer of them and it still makes no difference. If there was a competing company out there I would move to them straight away but there is nt at the moment at least

There is Parcel Connect, Parcel Wizard and AddressPal all offering competing products.

There is Parcel Connect, Parcel Wizard and AddressPal all offering competing products.

AP doesnt compete with PM, queuing behind 20 pensioners isnt required with PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

AP doesnt compete with PM, queuing behind 20 pensioners isnt required with PM.

AP can deliver to home/work, and there are not as many PMs near for some people.

You can check the map, in Tuam the closest is 26.3km away.

rubadub wrote: »
    AP can deliver to home/work, and there are not as many PMs near for some people.

You can check the map, in Tuam the closest is 26.3km away.

Exactly, where PM and AP compete its a clear choice for most people. Some markets PM doesnt operate in so AP is a winner by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Does anyone know what PM Cust stored means?

I need to try figure out if its PM or the adverts seller taking the P*ss out of me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

michellie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what PM Cust stored means?

I need to try figure out if its PM or the adverts seller taking the P*ss out of me ...

It means the customer has put the parcel in the motel, but the van did not pick it up yet.

Get the tracking number from the seller and use http://www.nightline.ie/ to track it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

grogi wrote: »
    It means the customer has put the parcel in the motel, but the van did not pick it up yet.

Get the tracking number from the seller and use http://www.nightline.ie/ to track it yourself.

Ok finally.

I was given the tracking number 3 days ago and there was no information at all until that message this evening. I sent a few messages today (which still haven't been replied to) as it looked like the seller just opened a order with PM and and never sent the package, just fobbed me off with a ref no.

I paid last week, so this should have been posted Monday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just to save anyone else asking

I have a package in transit to motel but didn't arrive last night so went to check the website but couldn't log on

On twitter:
    "Parcel Motel‏ @ParcelMotel 4h4 hours ago
    More
    Our website will be unavailable today between 16:00 and 22:00 due to essential maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement