Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just noticed they have a parcel motel locker at The Square shopping centre, not sure how long is been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭jamesd

Put a parcel into the Athlone locker Saturday and it showed up as Cust Stored and then Monday it showed as Cust Sent - what is Cust Sent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jamesd wrote: »
    Put a parcel into the Athlone locker Saturday and it showed up as Cust Stored and then Monday it showed as Cust Sent - what is Cust Sent ?

Picked up by the van.

The whole flow is:
    * Cust Stored
    * Cust Sent
    * In Depot
    * PM Received
    * Outbound
    * Lost
    * Found
    * PM Stored
    * PM Delivered

grogi wrote: »
    Picked up by the van.

The whole flow is:
    * Cust Stored
    * Cust Sent
    * In Depot
    * PM Received
    * Outbound
    * Lost
    * Found
    * PM Stored
    * PM Delivered

Excellent thanks very much for that.

• Can someone advise me here cos I don't know what's going on. I ordered something from MyMemory, changed my mind but they dispatched before they read my cancellation email.

MyMemory have a Freepost address for returns. I used PM with the Royal Mail option. The website said it was delivered in Belfast on the 28th September. However just now I got a text and email saying it had been received in Dublin.

Not sure what's going on. I suppose I mucked something up.

• Advertisement

Can someone advise me here cos I don't know what's going on. I ordered something from MyMemory, changed my mind but they dispatched before they read my cancellation email.

MyMemory have a Freepost address for returns. I used PM with the Royal Mail option. The website said it was delivered in Belfast on the 28th September. However just now I got a text and email saying it had been received in Dublin.

Maybe received into Parcel Motels Dublin Hub and will then be delivered to your motel locker tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jamesd wrote: »
    Maybe received into Parcel Motels Dublin Hub and will then be delivered to your motel locker tomorrow ?

He's sending not receiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dazzy wrote: »
    Its taken 32 days for PM to finally admit that they lost my package. Its been a complete head wreck to get them to admit this and process a refund. I'm sure if I didn't keep pushing them it would still be going on.... Parcel Wizard from now on.

It's now 48 days and still no refund for my lost package from Parcel Motel. I got a call on Tuesday from Customer Service to say they would process the refund but still nothing. I have never come across such incompetence from any company. Its so frustrating that I have to keep chasing them all the time.

• Can someone advise me here cos I don't know what's going on. I ordered something from MyMemory, changed my mind but they dispatched before they read my cancellation email.

Don't know if this is already common knowledge but just as an FYI it seems PM couldn't deal with the return address being a FREEPOST one. Royal Mail wouldn't accept it from them as they wanted some kind of prepaid label. In the end I got the package returned to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Don't know if this is already common knowledge but just as an FYI it seems PM couldn't deal with the return address being a FREEPOST one. Royal Mail wouldn't accept it from them as they wanted some kind of prepaid label. In the end I got the package returned to me.

Did Mymemory tell you to use PM?

• Advertisement

• Nope that was my own brilliant idea! Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming PM. Don't understand why Royal Mail couldn't just accept it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nope that was my own brilliant idea! Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming PM. Don't understand why Royal Mail couldn't just accept it.

I'd imagine they need to receive it from a postal operator so they can get paid.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

There is Parcel Connect, Parcel Wizard and AddressPal all offering competing products.

But only PM offer an after-hours holding service, and that more than anything is what I use PM for.

I do not want to be restricted to office hours, or have items delivered to my home or workplace: waiting for parcels is stressful and annoying compared with being able to slip down to my local PM and pick up when it suits me instead of when it suits someone else.

I have 3 or 4 deliveries coming in the next two weeks. Haven't used the service for a couple of months as I've been saving. It'll be interesting to see if I experience a difference in service this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Looking to pick up a Dyson cylinder vacuum from the Dyson outlet. They don't ship to Ireland so I'm looking to use PM. I can't find any package dimensions so I'm wondering if anyone has used PM before with the outlet and if they had any issues with size and weight?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a Dyson cylinder vacuum from the Dyson outlet. They don't ship to Ireland so I'm looking to use PM. I can't find any package dimensions so I'm wondering if anyone has used PM before with the outlet and if they had any issues with size and weight?

They don't, you just need to pick it up from a depot yourself (you will be charged you accordingly €7, €14 or €21 depeding how big the box is) or schedule home delivery for extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

They don't, you just need to pick it up from a depot yourself (you will be charged you accordingly €7, €14 or €21 depeding how big the box is) or schedule home delivery for extra cost.

* 1 Stay = 1 Parcel in 1 Locker for up to 48 hours. If your parcel does not fit in a Parcel Motel locker, we will notify you and make alternative arrangements. The largest locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10 kgs.
    Parcels over these criteria are charged as oversize, €7 and are available to collect from the central depots, Dublin one is off the M50 at finglas exit.

deezell wrote: »
    * 1 Stay = 1 Parcel in 1 Locker for up to 48 hours. If your parcel does not fit in a Parcel Motel locker, we will notify you and make alternative arrangements. The largest locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10 kgs.
    Parcels over these criteria are charged as oversize, €7 and are available to collect from the central depots, Dublin one is off the M50 at finglas exit.

By copy&paste without a context you're misinforming...

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

The vacuum cleaner box will be big enough to be charged €14 or even €21. Though the prices don't end here and with gigantic box the prices go upto €147 (90x90x91 cm).

By copy&paste without a context you're misinforming...

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

The vacuum cleaner box will be big enough to be charged €14 or even €21. Though the prices don't end here and with gigantic box the prices go upto €147 (90x90x91 cm).
    By assuming the charge will be 14 or 21 you're misinforming......
    A large 65x50x50 10kg parcel is €7. That's a fairly big box, would hold a lot of vacuum cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Are Anybody know if PC World Currys uk ship to parcel motel? Any exprence guys? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are Anybody know if PC World Currys uk ship to parcel motel? Any exprence guys? Thanks

Iirc they wont, they require a UK payment card firstly, and then will flag a security issue if sending to a different address than the billing address.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Iirc they wont, they require a UK payment card firstly, and then will flag a security issue if sending to a different address than the billing address.

Oh man it’s not good so, thank you for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They do, but as mentioned you need a UK payment card, such as Revolut and the billing address changed to PM.

They do, but as mentioned you need a UK payment card, such as Revolut and the billing address changed to PM.

I have Revolut but never used it yet, address have to be changed on Revolut account? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have Revolut but never used it yet, address have to be changed on Revolut account? Thanks

Change the address in the personal details tab of the app.

Davy wrote: »

Will the payment be rejected if given address is in UK? I guess it depends on the bank, but worth trying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is anybody having problems accessing the Parcel Motel website this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Is anybody having problems accessing the Parcel Motel website this morning?

Slow but working for me.

Is this a new One? Insufficient Funds message, but I have a valid card registered, I've never 'topped up". Who's running that place?
    Edit.. Followed by an email with the same message an hour later, suggesting card was expired ( it's not), followed there now at midnight by a message that the parcel is in my locker waiting to collect.

" This is due to a delay with our payment system processing this parcel.
    Payment will be taken again in the next 4 hours and the parcel will be cleared
    "
    Looks like Xmas pressure is already starting to build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dazzy wrote: »
    It's now 48 days and still no refund for my lost package from Parcel Motel. I got a call on Tuesday from Customer Service to say they would process the refund but still nothing. I have never come across such incompetence from any company. Its so frustrating that I have to keep chasing them all the time.

52 days later and still no refund despite getting a call from them last week to say the refund had been passed to accounts payable.

I've mailed them twice since, got the usual email with a ticket number but no other response at all. I've even started including the MD of Parcel Motel on the emails but that has made absolutely no difference :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement