Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

I have Revolut but never used it yet, address have to be changed on Revolut account? Thanks

That should work. Sometimes worth checking if the goods are offered via Amazon. Got some Maplin UK stuff that way, (maplin uk need UK postcode). saved changing address on my Revolut, which BTW, was almost €9 less on a £202 transaction than paying using Amazons exchange rate. Amazon wanted €233.50, Revolut was €225

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

deezell wrote: »
    Is this a new One? Insufficient Funds message, but I have a valid card registered, I've never 'topped up". Who's running that place?
    Edit.. Followed by an email with the same message an hour later, suggesting card was expired ( it's not), followed there now at midnight by a message that the parcel is in my locker waiting to collect.

I had this today too, valid card, funds not an issue but i get a message asking me to top up my wallet. I went ahead and topped up anyway but i still haven't been charged and the parcel hasn't showed up on my page so presumably i won't get the package tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I got that text on Sunday afternoon just after 3pm. Was my fault as my old card had been compromised and I hadn't updated the card details on the website. Updated the card details straight away and had the delivery text at 6am on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is this a new One? Insufficient Funds message, but I have a valid card registered, I've never 'topped up". Who's running that place?
    Edit.. Followed by an email with the same message an hour later, suggesting card was expired ( it's not), followed there now at midnight by a message that the parcel is in my locker waiting to collect.

Got it as well today, I have been noticing a few quirks in the last 10 days, had another parcel checked in last Monday afternoon and it did not arrive at the locker till Friday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fairly much what’s been happening most of the year already, by the looks of it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Now, giving yeee all due warning, in 3.5 weeks to the day, Parcel Motel will go apesh1t until about 8th of January.

Stuff will be delayed.
    Stuff will go missing.
    Staff wont answer phones.
    Your emails wont be replied to.
    It might be on Joe Duffy/Mat Cooper.
    The Journal will have an article on it.
    Some kids will miss out on Santy stuff.

Merry Christmas.

you forgot the part where staff will complain about being offered one4all vouchers to work long overtime hours then never get them - then go on Joe Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Amazon might be preempting the Christmas rush? Email in from them.
    Hello,

We’ve noticed you use Parcel Motel as a delivery address for some of your Amazon orders. To avoid potential delays in receiving your parcel, please make sure you include the following address details-

1) Full name- This should match the name on your Parcel Motel account.

2) Unique Parcel Motel ID- Entered in the first line of your address, this will allow Parcel Motel to locate you on their system and forward your parcel to your final destination as efficiently as possible.

3) Full UK address as below-

1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

4) Phone number to allow Parcel Motel to contact you if necessary.

If all of the above is up to date on your account, please disregard this email. If you need to make changes to your address, please go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account and click on "Addresses" or for mobile users "Manage Address Book". You'll then be asked to enter in your e-mail address and password for security purposes. Once you've done this, our system will then prompt you with information on how to change, delete, or enter a new address. You do not need to create a new address, simply edit the existing one.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I have had it with Parcel Motel !! They signed for my parcel 3 days ago and it is still not showing on the system. It's a joke of a service ! Good riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

bur wrote: »
    I had this today too, valid card, funds not an issue but i get a message asking me to top up my wallet. I went ahead and topped up anyway but i still haven't been charged and the parcel hasn't showed up on my page so presumably i won't get the package tomorrow. :(

I had 17 parcels delivered in September no issue at all with my CC.Today text sent that no funds on account but plenty funds on credit card.Topped up and deleted my credit card from their system.Still cant see my parcel checked in:mad::mad::mad:

I had 17 parcels delivered in September no issue at all with my CC.Today text sent that no funds on account but plenty funds on credit card.Topped up and deleted my credit card from their system.Still cant see my parcel checked in:mad::mad::mad:

this happened me this week.
    I never have to top up my card - its just debited as I use it.
    But cos I got a fright that the parcel wouldn't be delivered, I topped up my Parcel Motel account by €15.
    I emailed them to ask why this happened? They said it was a computer error at their end and shouldn't have happened.

I asked them to immediately refund my €15 as I don't want them holding any of my money but rather they just debit my Visa card as needed.
    They replied saying they couldn't as €3.95 had already been used for a different delivery so that's that!
    Very poor service - but that's the answer - a computer error and lots of people got that message saying they needed to top up!
    (BTW I got the parcel the same night)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

I'm expecting a delivery at PM antrim with forwarding to a locker in the Republic. My account currently has a zero balance , I am trying to delay the delivery to the RoI locker by 7 days if possible. What is the process from the time UPS delivers to Antrim location?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For a delivery to a Dublin locker, PM will ship the item to their depot in Finglas, someone will then take a photo of it and send it to you in an e-mail. It will then be dropped off to your nominated locker within 24 hours and you'll get notified.

Their system isn't designed to hang on to packages. Like most delivery companies their process involves continuous movement in and out and they don't want to be used as storage facility but ring them and see what they say.

Could you get a friend to collect it? All they need is the location, your mobile number and the PIN. You have 48hours after the notification to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

having the same problems with them since the 12th , never an issue previously. A couple of emails later and they're saying they couldn't debit my card but never advised me of same. I've tried topping up my account but paypal charge needs to be processed their end first for payment to go through so this could take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

SO , an hour ago my I dropped my daughter out to the local parcel motel , she put in her number and the number given the door popped open and she took out her parcel and away home with us ....all good . Except .... she didn't know until she got home that it was two boxes , not one , drove her back over but it won't let her back into the box . Has this happened anyone and how did you go about sorting it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

jonski wrote: »
    SO , an hour ago my I dropped my daughter out to the local parcel motel , she put in her number and the number given the door popped open and she took out her parcel and away home with us ....all good . Except .... she didn't know until she got home that it was two boxes , not one , drove her back over but it won't let her back into the box . Has this happened anyone and how did you go about sorting it out ?

They never put 2 parcels in the same locker, she will get another code for the 2nd parcel.

nava wrote: »
    They never put 2 parcels in the same locker, she will get another code for the 2nd parcel.

Both parcels were part of the same order though , it was just split in two , would this make a difference ? the one she took says 2 of 2 , pity she didn't check that before leaving the place .

Both parcels were part of the same order though , it was just split in two , would this make a difference ? the one she took says 2 of 2 , pity she didn't check that before leaving the place .

They don't check that, they just put 1 parcel on each locker, each will have a unique code, who was doing the delivery to PM maybe only 1 parcel was delivered, if they got both maybe they only had space for 1 parcel, how many parcels were check-in on the website, there should even be a picture.

They don't check that, they just put 1 parcel on each locker, each will have a unique code, who was doing the delivery to PM maybe only 1 parcel was delivered, if they got both maybe they only had space for 1 parcel, how many parcels were check-in on the website, there should even be a picture.

She got an E-mail with just one parcel in the picture , off we went to collect , came home and saw that one of the items wasn't in the box ,. Then she checked Parcel Motel account and it says two boxes with two different tracking numbers but now it says both parcels have been collected .

She got an E-mail with just one parcel in the picture , off we went to collect , came home and saw that one of the items wasn't in the box ,. Then she checked Parcel Motel account and it says two boxes with two different tracking numbers but now it says both parcels have been collected .

Ok strange, because the should have separate pins for each parcel, is it the same date and time as the collection time on both parcels on the Status ? If you left a parcel in the locker the delivery guy might noticed it when they deliver the next parcel.

Try contacting PM to check it

Two items in 'Recent Activity', both say for Location 'with customer', both have different tracking numbers, both say for Status 'delivered', and both have different 'status time' 17th oct 16th oct . She only got one e-mail and one text both with the same pin .

She has tweeted to PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Are you trying to delay until you can topup or just can't collect for 7 days? I'm on pay by card, and my experience is, if I don't collect from locker in 48 hours, they take it back to Finglas to be reprocessed and it comes back for delivery. They do that 3 times before returning to the sender. Theres a charge for each stay.

I don't know what happens if they can't get payment for the parcel.

Two items in 'Recent Activity', both say for Location 'with customer', both have different tracking numbers, both say for Status 'delivered', and both have different 'status time' 17th oct 16th oct . She only got one e-mail and one text both with the same pin .

She has tweeted to PM

If they have the status as With customer but with different days looks like 2 parcels were collected, 1 on the 16th and another on the 17th, but she should have 2 emails and/or 2 text. When looking at the website on the PC if you click on the tracking number you should see all the status also when parcel was collected from PM.

Ask her to also send an email and contact by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread from Consumer Issues merged into the Parcel Motel megathread

If they have the status as With customer but with different days looks like 2 parcels were collected, 1 on the 16th and another on the 17th, but she should have 2 emails and/or 2 text. When looking at the website on the PC if you click on the tracking number you should see all the status also when parcel was collected from PM.

Ask her to also send an email and contact by phone.

She sent them a tweet stating that she didn't realise there were two parcels and she had left one behind . They replied saying " No problem , it will be collected and reprocessed back to her PM a/c within 48 hours .

So it should be ' alls well that ends well '

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

She sent them a tweet stating that she didn't realise there were two parcels and she had left one behind . They replied saying " No problem , it will be collected and reprocessed back to her PM a/c within 48 hours .

So it should be ' alls well that ends well '

I have never seen PM group parcels to one locker. I did pick three one day, and each of them was put in separate locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

grogi wrote: »
    I have never seen PM group parcels to one locker. I did pick three one day, and each of them was put in separate locker.

same here, they don't group them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OSI wrote: »
    Some dope with the same name as me ordered some fake trainers and forgot to put his PMID on the order so now I've paid to collect a parcel that doesn't belong to me. How quick are PM at responding to tickets normally?

Quick enough between March and October. Rest of the year forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭G-Man

Great - glad they showed up . I ordered them in a rush and could not think of the PM id... I had a feeling it would come good though - Thank You boardsies!

Now I was rushed ordering them so am a bit unsure of the fit and how fake they looked, would you mind trying them on and uploading a picture with yourself trying them on - I would know then if they suited. It would save the bother if you could return them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It must me down to your local motel. I picked mine yesterday, after getting a depot notification on Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement