Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Two quick questions if anyone can help.
    How long does it take for a package to get from Antrim to (say) a limerick locker ?
    Do PM deliver to lockers on a Saturday?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Depends on how lucky you are. Antrim at 9AM, Dublin processing at 3PM. Locker can be the same night for Dublin and possibly the morning after for Limerick.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Thanks Ed E, royal mail reported delivery at 0620 and I have seen a pretty useless PM check-in photo at 1335 on the website. Now 1930 and still waiting for an email, perhaps it's the Limerick depot that sends the email and some patience is required.
    PM limerick say they 'may' deliver to lockers on a Saturday staffing permitting as now is a very busy time.

I've opted to pick up directly from the depot as I need item asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dazzy wrote: »
    52 days later and still no refund despite getting a call from them last week to say the refund had been passed to accounts payable.

I've mailed them twice since, got the usual email with a ticket number but no other response at all. I've even started including the MD of Parcel Motel on the emails but that has made absolutely no difference :mad::mad:

Its 61 days now and my issue with them is still not resolved.

I received an email from them 8 days ago to explain that the account manager was on annual leave and they would process my refund as soon as the Account Manager got back on Wednesday. Guess what... still no refund!
    The Account Manager must be the only one with the Paypal password 😉.
    They really are amateurs. A start up would have better customer service.
    Anyway, mailed them again today, must have sent 20 emails at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Dazzy wrote: »
    Its 61 days now and my issue with them is still not resolved.

I received an email from them 8 days ago to explain that the account manager was on annual leave and they would process my refund as soon as the Account Manager got back on Wednesday. Guess what... still no refund!
    The Account Manager must be the only one with the Paypal password ��.
    They really are amateurs. A start up would have better customer service.
    Anyway, mailed them again today, must have sent 20 emails at this stage.

That's pretty crap. Was your parcel coming from a company that might send many parcels through ParcelMotel? Because I had a fast result by contacting Amazon when PM messed me around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jean573

Hi all..hoping I can get some help...I just ordered 4items from Amazon and am wondering if I will be charged 4 times by parcel motel? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Jean573 wrote: »
    Hi all..hoping I can get some help...I just ordered 4items from Amazon and am wondering if I will be charged 4 times by parcel motel? Thanks

More than likely the answer is yes.

You can request Amazon to send as one package at point of purchase but it's so miss and hit if they do.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jean573

More than likely the answer is yes.

You can request Amazon to send as one package at point of purchase but it's so miss and hit if they do.
    Is it easy to do that....I've only just started using both services....sorry if it sounds stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is it easy to do that....I've only just started using both services....sorry if it sounds stupid

It's a simple check box\radio button option.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

That depends on amazon. If they send your order as one parcel, you only pay once. If the stuff is send from different fulfillment centres, then you pay for the amount of parcels you receive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Anytime I had two separate parcels it was a double charge. If sender combines them into 1 package there's no problem up to 10kg.

On a different subject, ordered parts in UK on thursday afternoon, got text at 7am this morning that they were in the locker, I think that's fastest so far, thanks PM, great service.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dubl07 wrote: »
    That's pretty crap. Was your parcel coming from a company that might send many parcels through ParcelMotel? Because I had a fast result by contacting Amazon when PM messed me around.

It was from Amazon. The problem was that PM lost the package straight away so not much point getting Amazon involved. It could have all been sorted in a few days except they did nothing for weeks, wouldn't answer emails etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

Just wondering if anyone has found when they order from Amazon and use Parcel Motel that their orders invariably get split into separate packages despite clicking the option to group the parcels at checkout.

This seems to have happened to me the last few times I have used Parcel Motel and ends up costing me more than I had thought. I had previously ordered 3 phone covers and got charged three separate times via Parcel motel. Now it looks it has happened again with my most recent order from Amazon. Anyone have any tips on how to avoid this...? I don't order that often so possible there is a trick i am missing. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

stoutykid wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has found when they order from Amazon and use Parcel Motel that their orders invariably get split into separate packages despite clicking the option to group the parcels at checkout.

This seems to have happened to me the last few times I have used Parcel Motel and ends up costing me more than I had thought. I had previously ordered 3 phone covers and got charged three separate times via Parcel motel. Now it looks it has happened again with my most recent order from Amazon. Anyone have any tips on how to avoid this...? I don't order that often so possible there is a trick i am missing. :confused:

not much you can do.. Amazon don't guarantee everything in a single package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Were the items coming from the same seller? And were they "prime" eligible sellers?

I noticed the same recently even though it was the same seller. I guess the items are coming from different warehouses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭thebiglad

If your order is more than £25 get them delivered direct to home address, they will of course probably fail as you're not there but then collect from the delivery office when it suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

@projectmouse it has happened both ways, same seller as well as different sellers. I will try your suggestion @biglad in future as to be honest it has ended up costing me that much the way they are getting split and i end up traveling to the parcel motel two to three days in a row and given I live rural this isn't ideal either.

thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I use PM a lot as I have prime and so can avail of next day delivery to PM.
    The same item delivered to my home address in Ireland would be 5+ business days.

Also, the savings due to VAT (20 v 23%) on more expensive items.

Edit: And not forgetting the other two reason to use PM. You're not home and items you cannot get delivered to Ireland.
    thebiglad wrote: »
    If your order is more than £25 get them delivered direct to home address, they will of course probably fail as you're not there but then collect from the delivery office when it suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In order to get the entire order in one package so you only get hit for one charge by PM, three things have to apply.....

1. All of the goods have to be marked as 'fulfilled by Amazon'. This means they will be shipped by Amazon and not a reseller.

2. You have to tick the box to bundle the items into as few packages as possible.

3. All of the goods have to ship from the same Amazon fulfilment centre. You have no control over this and it's where the system falls down for us Irish customers using PM.

Amazon don't charge extra (for delivery) if the order gets split so they don't see any problem in breaking the order in two or three. I explained the situation to them but it appears that they can do nothing about it - product X and product Y may come from different centres and if they do, your order will be split and you'll end up paying PM for two shipments.

And PM will not 'rebundle' the packages, I called them and asked if they could hold package A until package B came in the following day and do a single drop to my collection point but they said their system doesn't allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread from Consumer Issues merged into the Parcel Motel megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭redmondb

48 hours since I was notified that my parcel had arrived in Dublin. Nothing since then.

Anyone else getting long delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

coylemj wrote: »
    In order to get the entire order in one package so you only get hit for one charge by PM, three things have to apply.....

1. All of the goods have to be marked as 'fulfilled by Amazon'. This means they will be shipped by Amazon and not a reseller.

2. You have to tick the box to bundle the items into as few packages as possible.

3. All of the goods have to ship from the same Amazon fulfillment centre. You have no control over this and it's where the system falls down for us Irish customers using PM.

Amazon don't charge extra (for delivery) if the order gets split so they don't see any problem in breaking the order in two or three. I explained the situation to them but it appears that they can do nothing about it - product X and product Y may come from different centres and if they do, your order will be split and you'll end up paying PM for two shipments.

And PM will not 'rebundle' the packages, I called them and asked if they could hold package A until package B came in the following day and do a single drop to my collection point but they said their system doesn't allow this.

I hardly ever use PM for Amazon but had to recently in order to get various led bulbs delivered.
    1. Yep
    2. Yep
    3. Fell down for exact same reason

In fairness to the people living in the UK, it works for them as they will get their items faster. Definitely a pain for us when we have no choice but to use PM- several of the bulbs were marked 'This item does not ship to Ireland.'
    I suppose I should be thankful that the order was only split in two where it could have been split in four.

In an email to Amazon a good while back I recall that even if the seller is 'Fulfilled by', they can restrict their goods to the UK only. So I will usually go through the 'Fulfilled by' sellers in the hopes that they will deliver to ROI directly but wasn't so lucky the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

/.../ if the seller is 'Fulfilled by', they can restrict their goods to the UK only. So I will usually go through the 'Fulfilled by' sellers in the hopes that they will deliver to ROI directly but wasn't so lucky the last time.

The seller gets charged for the service - storage, packaging, shipping and payment processing. The shipping to Ireland is more expensive.

So, on items with very low revenue, they might prefer to restrict the delivery to UK only to make any profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know if there is an "M Hyman" working at Parcel Motel. Had a pair of shoes delivered there on Saturday according to Parcel Force yet I have not received notification from Parcel motel that they received it.

Parcel force has a signature from M. Hyman. Just wondering if anyone knows if this guy/girl actually works in the Northern Ireland Depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I had an issue with a delivery that arrived in Dublin on a Friday but then heard nothing. Contacted PM and it turned out that my collection point was overloaded and I had to wait for a slot to become free....

Unfortunately this particular Motel reached capacity over the weekend I have emailed our operations department to have this prioritised for you and have stored as soon as possible

I asked if I could nominate a nearby (alternative) collection point but they said that would only complicate things so I had to wait. I got the 'arrived in our Dublin depot' e-mail at lunchtime on Friday but it wasn't dropped in my collection point until 11 p.m. on Monday night.

So shop early for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

redmondb wrote: »
    48 hours since I was notified that my parcel had arrived in Dublin. Nothing since then.

Anyone else getting long delays?

Noticing delays in the Dublin area starting already. Obviously people have had bad experiences in Nov/Dec and have been starting their end of year shopping earlier— I know I have! Obviously too many people had the same bright idea and we've just brought the problem forward a few weeks. :( Maybe it will mean slightly less congestion in the later part of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seanmc321

Has anyone ever been double charged by parcel motel?

I was looking through my bank statement and noticed 3 charges this month yet only 2 deliveries with only 2 collection emails and texts. For some reason there's a delivery showing as delivered with no image of the package and delivered at a time I was at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone notice that paypal top ups are not instant.Just topped my account ,money has been taken and my balance is still 0.00.
    When I checked my history it says
    13.04 +35€
    13.04 -34€
    Wtf is going on with them recently.Last week had to remove my card because of double charges this week this

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone notice that paypal top ups are not instant.Just topped my account ,money has been taken and my balance is still 0.00.
    13.04 +35€
    13.04 -35€
    Wtf is going on with them recently.Last week had to remove my card because of double charges this week this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

13.04 +35€
    13.04 -35€

Topped up with Paypal earlier this week. It was in the middle of the night, and it went in instantly, including the €4.50 credit for topping up with €35.

I think there might be an issue with your account specifically? Give them a shout via Twitter or their support site and let them know— you might get a free stay for your trouble or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement