Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Does anyone notice that paypal top ups are not instant.Just topped my account ,money has been taken and my balance is still 0.00.
    When I checked my history it says
    13.04 +35€
    13.04 -35€
    Wtf is going on with them recently.Last week had to remove my card because of double charges this week this

Yup - I've seen the exact same thing - have had refunds issued but takes a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭redmondb

redmondb wrote: »
    48 hours since I was notified that my parcel had arrived in Dublin. Nothing since then.

OK, got it. According to their Support....

Due to a skeleton staff over weekends not all motels are serviced and are processed on the next business day.

... which, of course, contradicts...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your parcel to be delivered to your Parcel Motel.

Doesn't augur well for the next couple of months.

(FWIW, the motel was Cornelscourt.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

redmondb wrote: »
    OK, got it. According to their Support....

Due to a skeleton staff over weekends not all motels are serviced and are processed on the next business day.

... which, of course, contradicts...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your parcel to be delivered to your Parcel Motel.

Doesn't augur well for the next couple of months.

(FWIW, the motel was Cornelscourt.)
    Do PM deliver items on friday night,Im expecting a parcel tomorrow and wondering will it be there on Saturday morning.I presume there no one working monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do PM deliver items on friday night.
    Yes, I got stung a few times getting a delivery notification after 7 or 8pm on fridays, one was possibly about 11.30. -Stung since the motel is on my commute to work, so had to go out of my way to get it before sunday night so as not to pay more. A few others had the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, I got stung a few times getting a delivery notification after 7 or 8pm on fridays, one was possibly about 11.30. -Stung since the motel is on my commute to work, so had to go get it before sunday night so as not to pay more. A few others had the same issue.

Thanks,I am expecting a parcel so,do you know if they deliver on bank holiday mondays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭redmondb

Thanks,I am expecting a parcel so,do you know if they deliver on bank holiday mondays?

Looking back over 50 deliveries (but ignoring the latest and also ones in December), my parcels have always been delivered to the motel the day that they arrived in Dublin. However, not once have deliveries arrived on a Sunday so I wouldn't be optimistic about a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I just got an email from Parcel Motel that a package has arrived in Dublin.
    Does anyone know from experience if that package will be included in the Deansgrange Texaco delivery this evening and what time does Deansgrange usually get stocked at?
    I have to decide whether it's worth waiting around in Dublin for it tonight.
    Tx

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

josip wrote: »
    I just got an email from Parcel Motel that a package has arrived in Dublin.
    Does anyone know from experience if that package will be included in the Deansgrange Texaco delivery this evening and what time does Deansgrange usually get stocked at?
    I have to decide whether it's worth waiting around in Dublin for it tonight.
    Tx

I'm in the same boat! Got an email before midday saying that the parcels had arrived in Dublin, site says In Transit to motel since midday. Still no sign and the motel is in Dublin 2 near my office. Had hoped to get the text earlier as I'm not in Dublin this weekend so I'll be sickened if they send the message tonight or tomorrow ( I've two packages)

Didn't think the packages would be delivered so quickly so didn't expect to see it hit Parcel Motel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I wonder if congestion of lockers has started already. Delivery company delivered to them around midday, but still no notice of a check in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just noticed that one of our parcels is being sent using PostNL. Not sure who manages those parcels in the RoI but if PM do not accept parcels from that carrier, will they notify us? The parcel was sent over two weeks ago and it should be with them by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Eoin247 wrote: »
    I wonder if congestion of lockers has started already. Delivery company delivered to them around midday, but still no notice of a check in.

I got an email to say they are starting a new "Pop up" collection point from 12-9pm in Stillorgan so they are at least making an effort this year in advance of the congestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dispatched from England yesterday(RM), in PM Dublin Depot today. Nice one PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Could someone tell me what the code is for the locker size dimensions?

So on the PM website it's 8 by 38 by 64, 24 by 38 by 64 or whatever it is.

Is that height by width by length or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Sheridan81 wrote: »

When you think about it, it doesn't matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

deezell wrote: »
    When you think about it, it doesn't matter!

It certainly does not matter for anyone handling the parcels...

But the lockers are 64 cm deep, 38 cm wide and vary by height.

Sheridan81 wrote: »

64 is the depth, not that it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Got a parcel into the depot today and got no email about it. Very strange! Are they just not sending emails to let people know they're at the depot in case they expect them that night and they know they won't get them out because the depots are too congested?

Will be waiting to see if it comes to the motel tonight but won't be holding my breath.

ETA: Parcel stored, and I've collected it! Surprised and delighted there was no congestion. Didn't get delivered to Belfast until after 1500, so I wasn't really expecting it today. Guess they're on the ball after last year, which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Yes. You use their Send to UK services. Costs 14.50/15.50/16.50 depending on size

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hivas9

Received parcel yesterday with the whole side of the box ripped open and parts missing! Their customer service is very poor and hard get in contact with anyone there. I will be looking at an post service in future.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 HangSandwitch

Has anyone else had their parcel go missing? Support are no help, I’ve given them an invoice to authorise a depot search. The item was delivered to NI then the Dublin depot and photographed. I was given a code as normal and when I went to collect the locker was empty.

FYI my PM is Cornelscourt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Delays already begining

Packaged checked in yesterday and no sign. Shot them an email and they said it was at capacity over the weekend.

I suspect we will see huge delays in the coming weeks and all the way up to Christmas as always.

• May I ask what part of the country you are in please? Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Do parcel motel receive deliveries and process them on a Sunday? If my parcel is delivered on Sunday i assume it will be ready to be picked up in my local parcel motel on Monday?

• Nope they're closed on Sundays. oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nope they're closed on Sundays.
    They accept deliveries on Sundays in Newtownabbey. I had a parcel delivered there on the Sunday before a bank holiday Monday so it didn't get to me until Tuesday, so I don't know what would happen on a normal Sunday.

• Thor wrote: »
    Delays already begining

Packaged checked in yesterday and no sign. Shot them an email and they said it was at capacity over the weekend.

I suspect we will see huge delays in the coming weeks and all the way up to Christmas as always.
    May I ask what part of the country you are in please? Dublin?

I asked the above because I had something checked in on Saturday and got worried when I saw your comment. Got it no bother this morning.

As far as Limerick is concerned any talk about delays is a load of cobblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has anybody noticed smaller/different sizes in some motels? have they revealed which are more popular in any systematic way? They might have done the odd tweet near xmas, but it could easily be a trackable thing online as standard.

I have the choice of 4 or 5 motels that are about the same hassle to get to, I was saying before if I knew 1 was unpopular I would have no problem using it. The small lockers they have are still actually huge. I would way 8/10 deliveries I ever got would have fit in a locker a mere fraction of the size of their smallest locker. They must know this themselves, they could fit FAR more lockers into the existing locker spaces rather than have to find new locations.

parcel_motel_resize.jpg

they are very deep, the ones on the side could have loads of tiny doors opening up the full depth.

• Advertisement

It'd be worth trying to contact them and ask, if you can get through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement