Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

Can I flag a recent incident that I found very bizarre with Parcel Motel. Parcel Motel recently changed my delivery location without advising me or seeking my permission. They did email me to say that I had a new convenient secondary location. Anyway ended up ordering something and went to my normal location as usual. Only then did this new secondary location really come to my attention. Basically I couldnt find this new location and only found it recently. I complained and complained and complained. They have the most useless customer service. This new location is not safe nor convenient for me and never in my life would I use it. It is down a dark and dangerous corner. Totally unsafe. I was advised that my original location was closed and that this new location was the best place ever.

Cut to the end I ended up making a formal complaint and my original location is not closed after all. What a surprise. Their customer service is a joke...I was told lie after lie.

Just a word of warning of everyone - never believe what they say. Watch your account as they changed my delivery location on me without my consent. Then told me my original delivery location was closed - which it isnt. Also they have no consideration for where they put their locations. Honestly this new location is literally the dodgiest I have ever seen. It is so unsafe. Again they took no notice of this or my concerns about this new location and just fobbed me off. Couldnt even give me directions. Kept sending me maps - which actually point to an abandoned shed lol.

If they try and make you use a different location dont trust them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can I flag a recent incident that I found very bizarre with Parcel Motel. Parcel Motel recently changed my delivery location without advising me or seeking my permission. They did email me to say that I had a new convenient secondary location. Anyway ended up ordering something and went to my normal location as usual. Only then did this new secondary location really come to my attention. Basically I couldnt find this new location and only found it recently. I complained and complained and complained. They have the most useless customer service. This new location is not safe nor convenient for me and never in my life would I use it. It is down a dark and dangerous corner. Totally unsafe. I was advised that my original location was closed and that this new location was the best place ever.

Cut to the end I ended up making a formal complaint and my original location is not closed after all. What a surprise. Their customer service is a joke...I was told lie after lie.

Just a word of warning of everyone - never believe what they say. Watch your account as they changed my delivery location on me without my consent. Then told me my original delivery location was closed - which it isnt. Also they have no consideration for where they put their locations. Honestly this new location is literally the dodgiest I have ever seen. It is so unsafe. Again they took no notice of this or my concerns about this new location and just fobbed me off. Couldnt even give me directions. Kept sending me maps - which actually point to an abandoned shed lol.

If they try and make you use a different location dont trust them

Similar happened to me, moved from service station X to Y in the same area so the names were almost identical. Mass confusion ensued.

From PMs perspective few will actively log in a change so pushing users onto the new capacity frees up motels. What they should do is send a warning saying if you dont object, we'll move you from next week, but think that kind of thinking is a bit above them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Does anyone know where I can find the T's & C's for the extended liability option on PM to see what is excluded? According to this post by Shlippery LCD screens are excluded. I am looking to get an OLED delivered but if it's excluded from their extended warranty option I'm not going to bother sending them a TV worth so much.
    Shlippery wrote: »

On the downside, I was told the PM extended liability didn't cover the TV, so that seemed like a bit of a waste and unsure of the point of it :/

3. Extended Liability covers all goods passing through your account both incoming and sent for up to 14 days for the amount purchased. Items which are deemed insufficiently packaged or which are on our list of non covered goods are not insured under Standard or Extended Liability. As your TV contained a LCD screen, this is not covered unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I won’t be using them again after next Friday until silly season has finished that is January, I would suggest users who are thinking of ordered valuable items and Christmas presents scroll back on this thread to read what nightmares await. Don’t say you haven’t been warned :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oat23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the T's & C's for the extended liability option on PM to see what is excluded? According to this post by Shlippery LCD screens are excluded. I am looking to get an OLED delivered but if it's excluded from their extended warranty option I'm not going to bother sending them a TV worth so much.

You have to ask them for the T&Cs for extended liability, but it seems quite clear cut there that TVs are not included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

whiterebel wrote: »
    You have to ask them for the T&Cs for extended liability, but it seems quite clear cut there that TVs are not included.

Yea, felt like a waste of liability, but they did manage to get me the replacement TV safely the second time round, and were quite good to deal with during the whole process. So brownie points to them for that.

Received package into depot this weekend, but didn't make it to motel, contacted support and they said locker was full. So going to try aim for a less popular spot for my deliveries for next while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Had a parcel in transit Friday afternoon, didnt get delivered Friday night or Saturday! Now wont get to motel until tonight, thus wont have till Tuesday.

Rang support and told the motel was full and they dont have an auto redirect to another motel nearby.......

So my advice is dont rely on for Christmas and consider AnPosts alternatives such as AddressPal

• Yeah I've got egg on my face after my previous post. Item was checked in Friday and it's still "in transit". Time to switch over to Parcel Wizard (although they seem to be backlogged as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

With all this talk of delays, I have to say I have had no problems. I just used parcel motel for an eBay item, which arrived without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I have often went to collect a parcel and two doors open but i would close it, If anyone has thought their package has been stolen due to this should contact parcel motel as they have cameras on board and will know what time

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed smaller/different sizes in some motels? have they revealed which are more popular in any systematic way? They might have done the odd tweet near xmas, but it could easily be a trackable thing online as standard.

I have the choice of 4 or 5 motels that are about the same hassle to get to, I was saying before if I knew 1 was unpopular I would have no problem using it. The small lockers they have are still actually huge. I would way 8/10 deliveries I ever got would have fit in a locker a mere fraction of the size of their smallest locker. They must know this themselves, they could fit FAR more lockers into the existing locker spaces rather than have to find new locations.

parcel_motel_resize.jpg

they are very deep, the ones on the side could have loads of tiny doors opening up the full depth.

You have to consider the actual packaging and if you shop on amazon you would understand

redman wrote: »
    Had a parcel in transit Friday afternoon, didnt get delivered Friday night or Saturday! Now wont get to motel until tonight, thus wont have till Tuesday.

Rang support and told the motel was full and they dont have an auto redirect to another motel nearby.......

So my advice is dont rely on for Christmas and consider AnPosts alternatives such as AddressPal

i would not rely on any service this time of year the ecommerce boom keeps growing and nobody has done anything to cure past issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Had a parcel checked in at 2.47pm yesterday, no word from them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Do the Book People send split orders? Put in an order at the weekend and got an email from PM that I would have something coming to my nearest PM location soon. Got a text last night and went up to collect it, now just got another PM collection text.

I only got 1 email though so wondering if it was TBP or PM that split the order. Annoying having to pay twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Had a parcel checked in at 2.47pm yesterday, no word from them since.

Did you get the status on the website? if you click on tracking you should see if it's loaded to the delivery van. I had a parcel checked in yesterday just after 12 noon, got delivered to my locker last night (in Tallaght)

Do the Book People send split orders? Put in an order at the weekend and got an email from PM that I would have something coming to my nearest PM location soon. Got a text last night and went up to collect it, now just got another PM collection text.

I only got 1 email though so wondering if it was TBP or PM that split the order. Annoying having to pay twice.

Yes they often do split orders.

I’d say it will be havoc these next few weeks . I got notification yesterday saying Parcel in Dublin but no delivery yet to Drogheda . This is unusual as it’s normally only a few hours .

Luckily I’ve done all my online shopping already (yeah ahead of the so called Black Friday bargains !) so won’t be using PM anymore until new year . If I need anything I’ll use An Post & have more certainty or just do some old fashioned shopping on foot .

E commerce may have us all reverting to actual shopping for Christmas- people will get fed up with long waits for delivery not to mention the hassle of returns and even longer waiting for refunds back to credit cards .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Panrich

Just wondering if anyone here can tell me if I have been scammed here or if they've seen this before.

Ordered two items via Amazon UK on Friday. There was a deal going on Amazon Echos and smart plugs. Ordered 3x each as per the deal via credit card. So far so good, and have used both Amazon and Parcel Motel several times in the past without issue.

On to yesterday when the Amazon tracker listed both as delivered (they were coming from separate locations).

However while the status of the switches showed 'Your parcel has been delivered', the echos showed as 'Your package was handed directly to the customer'. The tracking updates show 9.14am Out for Delivery Belfast, and 9.15am Delivered Newtonabbey.

Needless to say, Parcelmotel have delivered the switches but no acknowledgement of the Echos at all. I have contacted Amazon
    <Snip> MOD - Maybe you could wait until PM investigate and give you an answer before making unsubstantiated claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got notification at 6am this morning to collect Parcel. I went to collect it at around 8am, put in pin and number, locker opens and it’s EMPTY :(.

I have emailed PM on this. I hope it’s just a case of putting Parcel in wrong locker and not theft.

With the run up to Christmas it’s a prime opportunity for thieves :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Panrich wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here can tell me if I have been scammed here or if they've seen this before.

Ordered two items via Amazon UK on Friday. There was a deal going on Amazon Echos and smart plugs. Ordered 3x each as per the deal via credit card. So far so good, and have used both Amazon and Parcel Motel several times in the past without issue.

On to yesterday when the Amazon tracker listed both as delivered (they were coming from separate locations).

However while the status of the switches showed 'Your parcel has been delivered', the echos showed as 'Your package was handed directly to the customer'. The tracking updates show 9.14am Out for Delivery Belfast, and 9.15am Delivered Newtonabbey.

Needless to say, Parcelmotel have delivered the switches but no acknowledgement of the Echos at all. I have contacted Amazon but just wondering if this is a modus operandi for delivery guys/random parcel motel employee to have an early Christmas present for themselves?

You wont get acknowledgement until they are sorted in the Dublin facility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Panrich

You wont get acknowledgement until they are sorted in the Dublin facility.

I hope your right but I'm not too optimistic at this stage given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

I've had an item delivered to PM that has been in the Dublin Depot since last Tuesday 14th November and current status in 'In Transit'. Photo taken of boxed item which was sent to my email address etc.. 

Now I have got onto them asking what the **** is going on and PM believe the item has been stored in an incorrect area in their depot, the depot manager has requested a copy of the invoice as a standard requirement to carry out a full depot search which I have given them. It has been over 24 hours since I gave them the invoice and I have not heard a thing from them.

Item is worth €400, I reckon it's been stolen. I'm ****ing livid with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone know the current waiting times from delivery to PM up north to when it's showing up in your account (i.e. at the Dublin Depot)?

Had a package delivered and signed for yesterday morning and no sign of it arriving in Dublin yet.

Never this slow normally....and the Black Friday deliveries haven't even hit full flow yet!

• The item I had checked in last Friday evening was available for collection to me this morning. So excluding Sunday that's 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Had four parcels delivered in the last week, all arrived the next day after checking in, the delivery guy has been arriving around 10.00 as well, it always used to be after 14.00, doubt it will stay this smooth, but a lot better than last year already in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Website appears slow/down at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Shower of cowboys with the top up system. I haven't used PM in years because of their top up system (you always have unspent credit). I hit the PM delivery address ( I thought it was my PW addy ) on Amazon by accident, and now PM have my parcel and they reckon that the package is €7 for delivery. I have €5.50 credit, but when I go to top up my balance, I can only top up by €10.

Nothing but a shower of F**kin cowboys.

I know it is my fault, but Nightline are very aware of the snare that they have their customers in and exploit it to the full.

I've deleted them off my Amazon account, just in case ( I was late night shopping and tired when I placed the order)

Long live Parcel Wizard, Fu*k Parcel Motel.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got two things that said they were delivered to parcel motel this morning, and neither of them has been acknowledged on the system yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Absolute Shams.

I just got an email from PM to tell me to collect the parcel from Dublin 11, I live in Waterford with a PM depot just in the road. I have had to go onto my account and book a diversion to Waterford, to their depot, where my account is based.

Shams.

I haven't used them since 2013 as I discovered Parcel Wizard and use them for everything these days.

Screw PM.
    Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Absolute Shams.

I just got an email from PM to tell me to collect the parcel from Dublin 11, I live in Waterford with a PM depot just in the road. I have had to go onto my account and book a diversion to Waterford, to their depot, where my account is based.

Shams.

I haven't used them since 2013 as I discovered Parcel Wizard and use them for everything these days.

Screw PM.
    Never again.

Judging from this and your last post I’d imagine the problem is mainly user error.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement