Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Absolute Shams.

I just got an email from PM to tell me to collect the parcel from Dublin 11, I live in Waterford with a PM depot just in the road. I have had to go onto my account and book a diversion to Waterford, to their depot, where my account is based.

Shams.

I haven't used them since 2013 as I discovered Parcel Wizard and use them for everything these days.

Screw PM.
    Never again.

Why would PM deliver a parcel to a motel in Dublin if you live in Waterford? I would think the settings on your account are incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Why would PM send a parcel to a motel in Dublin if you live in Waterford? I would think the settings on your account are incorrect.

Probably over size?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

site_owner wrote: »
    Probably over size?

Which would explain the €7 cost as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

whiterebel wrote: »
    Which would explain the €7 cost as well.

And now I get a reply back saying ( names omitted )

" Thank you for contacting us.

When your parcel came in to us for sorting it was set aside as it was too large for our lockers. Someone then mistakenly thought it was due to be stored here and marked it for collection.

Your parcel has been forwarded to our Waterford depot and you will not be charged for this.
    I have also credited your account for the initial cost of receiving your oversized parcel due to the error.

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards, "

So, after me having to add cash to my account, I've got it back, SHAMS.
    :mad:

Parcel Wizard eliminates all this messing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

You topped up your own account when you didn't have to. As others have said, you can pay on-demand

They admitted their mistake, and have refunded you for said mistake

You keep calling them shams. I'm not saying they haven't made mistakes in the past, they definitely don't have a 100% record, but shams? Really? Mistake-prone, yes, but unless you get delivered an empty box, no, not shams

Might I suggest deleting their address from your Amazon account so as to avoid you suffering any further anguish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

date: 21 November 2017 at 16:42
    subject: Your Parcel has arrived in our Dublin depot

Still not in the motel. Christmas mode is well and truly in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got notification at 6am this morning to collect Parcel. I went to collect it at around 8am, put in pin and number, locker opens and it’s EMPTY :(.

I have emailed PM on this. I hope it’s just a case of putting Parcel in wrong locker and not theft.

With the run-up to Christmas, it’s a prime opportunity for thieves :(

Just got reply to my email saying it will be in locker today The driver "made an error" and that's why locker was empty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And now I get a reply back saying ( names omitted )

" Thank you for contacting us.

When your parcel came in to us for sorting it was set aside as it was too large for our lockers. Someone then mistakenly thought it was due to be stored here and marked it for collection.

Your parcel has been forwarded to our Waterford depot and you will not be charged for this.
    I have also credited your account for the initial cost of receiving your oversized parcel due to the error.

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards, "

So, after me having to add cash to my account, I've got it back, SHAMS.
    :mad:

Parcel Wizard eliminates all this messing about.

So they admitted their error, are fixing it, crediting you for the shipment and you're still not happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

a credit balance on an account he isn't planning to use again is a bit useless.
    they should probably give him a refund in this situation

site_owner wrote: »
    a credit balance on an account he isn't planning to use again is a bit useless.
    they should probably give him a refund in this situation

OP already had credit with them. I presume they'll refund the extra they were taking for the oversize if it wasn't required?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I wonder if Parcel Motel will be carnage over the next week and beyond like it has been the last few years when their volume of deliveries rise exponentially and they can't cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 alanman

Lads! quick question.

I'm looking to buy a google home mini. its on sale for 34 quid instead of the usual 50.

Does anyone have any idea from where I can order it? I've never used parcel motel before and I read online that argos doesnt work with PM. What about Currys? Or anyone has any other suggestion from where I can order it?

I'm looking to get it before 10 dec (as I'll be flying for a couple of weeks after that) so will i get it by then (assuming the order gets shipped by the seller on monday/tuesday.?

EDIT: I got it from their ebay page. I entered a random number as it didnt support irish number and paid with paypal.
    est delivery is 27 nov so hopefully i'll get it within a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Can't say I've noticed any delays yet, in the Rathfarnham area.

Two orders from amazon in the last few days. First was ordered just after midnight on Sun. With the amazon prime one day delivery, it was in Newtownabbey at 1535 on Monday.

Time|Location|Event
    Mon 20 Nov 16:02|Parcel Motel|Parcel in transit to motel
    Tue 21 Nov 0:05|Parcel Motel|Parcel stored

Second order again from amazon, ordered yesterday morning, dispatched and was delivered to newtownabbey at 0859 this morning.

Time|Location|Event
    Thu 23 Nov 14:23|Parcel Motel|Parcel in transit to motel
    Thu 23 Nov 16:24|Swords|Package loaded on delivery van
    Thu 23 Nov 21:20|Parcel Motel|Parcel Stored

Bunch of Shams, cowboys and thieves....how dare they do their job efficiently :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is the site currently down? I can't connect.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

Is the site currently down? I can't connect.

For me too. Happened a few days back as well. One of my parcels has evaporated. Black Friday week strikes

alanman wrote: »
    Lads! quick question.

I'm looking to buy a google home mini. its on sale for 34 quid instead of the usual 50.

Does anyone have any idea from where I can order it? I've never used parcel motel before and I read online that argos doesnt work with PM. What about Currys? Or anyone has any other suggestion from where I can order it?

I'm looking to get it before 10 dec (as I'll be flying for a couple of weeks after that) so will i get it by then (assuming the order gets shipped by the seller on monday/tuesday.?

EDIT: I got it from their ebay page. I entered a random number as it didnt support irish number and paid with paypal.
    est delivery is 27 nov so hopefully i'll get it within a week :)

Guys they cancelled my order and refunded saying they don't ship to parcel motel :(

Same question again... Anyone knows from where I can order it?

OSI wrote: »

I read somewhere on this forum that Google store also doesn't work with PM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Anyone with good experience bringing in 55" LCD telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jimmynokia wrote: »
    You have to consider the actual packaging and if you shop on amazon you would understand

I do shop on amazon, had 2 deliveries this week from them, bunch of t shirts & socks in a bag like package, could have squeezed into a tiny locker. 2 days before was a flat cardboard envelope, about A5 size, and no more than 15mm thick. Probably would have fit 50 of the small one into their smallest locker.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Seeing a slow down myself, have about a delivery a week, recently moved and normally get parcel arrived in Dublin message and then it gets delivered that night. Didn't happen last night, hopefully tonight. No sign of movement on the package either.

Edit - no delivery tonight either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

rubadub wrote: »
    I do shop on amazon, had 2 deliveries this week from them, bunch of t shirts & socks in a bag like package, could have squeezed into a tiny locker. 2 days before was a flat cardboard envelope, about A5 size, and no more than 15mm thick. Probably would have fit 50 of the small one into their smallest locker.

Nothing quite like a flat calendar delivery Amazon-style

abkvlx.png

Guys they cancelled my order and refunded saying they don't ship to parcel motel :(

Same question again... Anyone knows from where I can order it?

UPDATE!! I ordered it from Very UK and they have processed the order ... within one day impressive)

Anyway, another question (problem). For some f**d up reason they sent my order as three parcels instead of one thing.

Now being a professional and expert in maths, (without using a calculator mind you) I calculated that the total charge for me would be almost 12 euros for the three packages. I had loaded 10 in my PM account yesterday and I cant top up 2 as it has to be minimum 10. Any way around this as i dont think i;ll be using PM again for a long time?

P.S f**k my savings. I ended up paying the same price lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

UPDATE!! I ordered it from Very UK and they have processed the order ... within one day impressive)

Anyway, another question (problem). For some f**d up reason they sent my order as three parcels instead of one thing.

Now being a professional and expert in maths, (without using a calculator mind you) I calculated that the total charge for me would be almost 12 euros for the three packages. I loaded 10 in my PM account and I cant top up 2 as it has to be minimum 10. Any way around this as i dont think i;ll be using PM again for a long time?

P.S f**k my savings. I ended up paying the same price lol

You don't have to top up, just add your card in the settings and it will debit your card when the package is scanned in their depot.

You don't have to top up, just add your card in the settings and it will debit your card when the package is scanned in their depot.

ah perfect. Thanks a lot. I didnt know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Too late for you now but I ordered a Pixel 2 and a Google home from the Google UK store on Wednesday and had them both in my Parcel Motel on Friday afternoon. No problems using my visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

copacetic wrote: »
    Seeing a slow down myself, have about a delivery a week, recently moved and normally get parcel arrived in Dublin message and then it gets delivered that night. Didn't happen last night, hopefully tonight. No sign of movement on the package either.

Edit - no delivery tonight either.

Yep, in the same boat myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Shower of cowboys with the top up system. I haven't used PM in years because of their top up system (you always have unspent credit). I hit the PM delivery address ( I thought it was my PW addy ) on Amazon by accident, and now PM have my parcel and they reckon that the package is €7 for delivery. I have €5.50 credit, but when I go to top up my balance, I can only top up by €10.

Nothing but a shower of F**kin cowboys.

I know it is my fault, but Nightline are very aware of the snare that they have their customers in and exploit it to the full.

I've deleted them off my Amazon account, just in case ( I was late night shopping and tired when I placed the order)

Long live Parcel Wizard, Fu*k Parcel Motel.

Rant over.

You can set your account to debit your card directly. No need to top up ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I read somewhere on this forum that Google store also doesn't work with PM

That’s wrong. I’ve one with pm now but not in the locker yet due to the slowdown. Won’t be using PM again between now and Jan.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Yep, in the same boat myself.

Mine is in Motel now, roughly double normal time, but I guess not crazy if they are so busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

copacetic wrote: »
    Mine is in Motel now, roughly double normal time, but I guess not crazy if they are so busy.

Still no sign of mine, but they usually do their drop offs around 1 or 2am around here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement