Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

If memory serves me right , there was absolute chaos with PM after black friday last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I ordered something from Amazon a few days ago which I mistakenly set to be delivered to PM. I was wary of using them at this time of year after several issues with them this time last year. By the time I realized my error it was too late to change the order and I was fearing the worst, but in fact the parcel arrived in the locker within 3 days of ordering so it seems they have things under control, at least so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Brother shipped something down from his parcel motel to mine last night at 7.30, is there a possibility of getting it tomorrow or do they not do any deliveries on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Has anyone else had issues with getting Prime one-day delivery from Amazon to Parcel Motel? An order I made on Thursday said it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday, while one I'm looking to make now is giving me Wednesday as a delivery estimate for one-day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Has anyone else had issues with getting Prime one-day delivery from Amazon to Parcel Motel? An order I made on Thursday said it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday, while one I'm looking to make now is giving me Wednesday as a delivery estimate for one-day delivery.

Yes, my last order (made Saturday) was supposed to deliver on Monday, but Monday morning was marked as delayed. I contacted Amazon, who apologized and said there had been "an incident", then applied a £5 credit to my account. The stuff arrived on Wednesday.

Worth contacting them via the chat to inquire. I've found them very helpful so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I got the following response when I emailed them:
    "I've checked and can see that this order is not eligible to Prime one- day delivery to your address as it is a freight forwarder address and the same has been mentioned on our website. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused.

I've checked your order can see that this item is shipped to your address by third party and, since this item was sent to a freight forwarder, I'm not able to upgrade the shipping method for this delivery. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused.

As a small token of apology and To compensate you for the inconvenience caused, I've requested an Amazon Gift Card of GBP 20.00 to be applied to your account. It will be reflected on your account within 24 hours."

Where is this mentioned on their website, and when did this policy come into effect? If this is the case, why does one-day delivery appear as an option at the checkout? I didn't bother questioning the representative since I was not expecting to be credited that much.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I got the following response when I emailed them:

Where is this mentioned on their website, and when did this policy come into effect? If this is the case, why does one-day delivery appear as an option at the checkout? I didn't bother questioning the representative since I was not expecting to be credited that much.

What?! :eek:

They've obviously been overwhelmed with Prime orders lately, considering the issues they've had in the UK with cutting back the same-day delivery, and how they're offering credit discounts to Prime customers to take non-priority delivery, but if they're going to do this, they'll lose most if not all of their Prime customers in Ireland.

That'll really hurt PM's bottom line if this becomes policy across the board, too. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch, or there's gonna be a lot of people angry they paid for a year's worth of Prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

I ordered several things with Prime last week and had them in my parcel motel the next day. Parcel Motel usually deliver to my locker that night but the last 6 things I've got over the last week have been the afternoon of the following day.

For reference, here's their page on forwarding services and on one-day deliveries.

There's no mention currently of a prohibition of one-day deliveries to PM, but I guess that's subject to change? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Never had any problem with Prime One-Day delivery to PM.

They must be flat out, just had a look there and everything across multiple categories is showing up as thursday delivery, even changing to the brothers mainland postcode it says it would be wednesday delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Never had any problem with Prime One-Day delivery to PM.

They must be flat out, just had a look there and everything across multiple categories is showing up as thursday delivery, even changing to the brothers mainland postcode it says it would be wednesday delivery.

France?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭horse7

Will PM deliver a 55ins TV from Amazon, any cost idea 20 kg,s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Had something arrive in the Dublin Depot at approx. 15.30 Saturday afternoon. Normally I'd see it in my locker at around 23.00 the same night, but it actually arrived at 00:09 this morning, so they are working on Sundays delivering to lockers apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Dubl07 wrote: »
    France?
    :confused:

No, mainland of England, Wales, and Scotland as opposed to norn iron

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I ordered a parcel a few weeks ago from the UK, thought the item could be out of stock. I've chased the seller, they sent me tracking details and it was signed for by nightline on 16/11

How do I contact parcel motel to get my parcel??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

To be fair to parcel motel it's the same ever year at this time and it says on any emails I'm getting it'll be up to 48hrs before it hits a motel.

tedpan wrote: »
    I ordered a parcel a few weeks ago from the UK, thought the item could be out of stock. I've chased the seller, they sent me tracking details and it was signed for by nightline on 16/11

How do I contact parcel motel to get my parcel??

Via thier website... Or Facebook... Or phone... Or email...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

Weird thing happened this evening. I received two codes by text, went through to the lockers and only one of them worked. I double checked and only received one corresponding email. Anybody else had that? Maybe I received somebody else's text?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I wonder did one of your PM deliveries default to a different locker location? Check the email just in case, happened somebody here last week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

I'm experiencing significant delays in South Dublin. Have a package with them since last Thursday that hasn't made it to the motel after repeated attempts. Ended up switching to another motel yesterday that had apparently free lockers, but no delivery again last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

horse7 wrote: »
    Will PM deliver a 55ins TV from Amazon, any cost idea 20 kg,s.

I costed it as €14, but I held off over worries about damage and PM liability limit where LCD is concerned. I asked here of others experiencens, no replies to date. Also, Amazon won't deliver bigger than 50" to ROI or Norn Iron. Other vendors will, but you still have to chance PM. Just this morning I found these,
    http://www.reliantdirect.co.uk/QLED-TV/Samsung-QE55Q6F-55-inch-Flat-QLED-TV_QE55Q6F.htm
    55" QLED Samsung for £999, delivered free and direct to home. I went for it. I'm covered if courier breaks it as I'm not using PM.

Reati wrote:
    Via thier website... Or Facebook... Or phone... Or email...

I haven't been able to access their site in days, don't have Facebook. Does anybody have a number for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭horse7

deezell wrote: »
    I costed it as €14, but I held off over worries about damage and PM liability limit where LCD is concerned. I asked here of others experiencens, no replies to date. Also, Amazon won't deliver bigger than 50" to ROI or Norn Iron. Other vendors will, but you still have to chance PM. Just this morning I found these,
    http://www.reliantdirect.co.uk/QLED-TV/Samsung-QE55Q6F-55-inch-Flat-QLED-TV_QE55Q6F.htm
    55" QLED Samsung for £999, delivered free and direct to home. I went for it. I'm covered if courier breaks it as I'm not using PM.

Thanks for that,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

....... wrote: »

Hardly, its owned by UPS. Seems to be the Xmas rush causing the problems.

....... wrote:

Thanks!
    ....... wrote:

They were just purchased by UPS, maybe they're not transitioning well, annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

....... wrote: »

Lol.....they just struggle badly to cope with the demand at this time of year. See all the issues they had last year at this time. My parcel has been out 3 times on the truck and each time the motel has been full (for large packages).

If you go to https://my.parcelmotel.com/Account/Login it will get you into the login page for your account far quicker than the main page.

On twitter they are directing people 076 8886677 or email support@parcelmotel.com

....... wrote:

Thanks, got through to them on that number. The seller put no contact details on the package.. I'll have it in 48 hours. Finger's crossed!

Just to give an update on my experience with PM.

I got 5 items to the Belfast depot yesterday. All 5 made it to Dublin depot between 3 and 6 pm (based on the emails I got)

3 were in the locker by midnight. I expect the other 2 today at some point.

Locker is in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dremo

I'm tempted on ordering Kindle Paperwhite from amazon.co.uk

Has anyone ever ordered electronics, laptops, etc? I've seen how people are careless sometimes in handling packages, throwing in and out of the vans. I'm worried that it might get damaged. Or I'm better off buying one from argos? I know that amazon website for sure has a newest models, ones in argos might be sitting for years. Or maybe I'm just paranoid, not sure. I'm being pulled in two different directions at the moment, and I can't decide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement