Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RHJ wrote: »
    I've ordered plenty of Electronics using this service and never had a problem if the item you are ordering is over a €100, then you can take out extra insurance on the parcel using the parcel Motel website.

Wouldn't use PM for stuff over £100 from Amazon tbh, it gets couriered on the free shipping option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

PM is still working well in Drogheda anyway. Ordered Sunday, shipped Monday morning, arrived in Norn iron this morning, Dublin by lunchtime and delivered to Tesco Drogheda at 22:30.

Impressed :)

Hopefully my other package will arrive soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Reati wrote: »
    Just to give an update on my experience with PM.

I got 5 items to the Belfast depot yesterday. All 5 made it to Dublin depot between 3 and 6 pm (based on the emails I got)

3 were in the locker by midnight. I expect the other 2 today at some point.

Locker is in Dublin.

Last two turned up yesterday as expect. One around 3pm other around midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Things seems to be slow for PM in Dublin. Item arrived in PM on Monday morning and it still hasn't been delivered to my local PM. The box is on the larger side of things, within the limits allowed though, so I am hoping that it's just a case of a locker not being available.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Berserker wrote: »
    Things seems to be slow for PM in Dublin. Item arrived in PM on Monday morning and it still hasn't been delivered to my local PM. The box is on the larger side of things, within the limits allowed though, so I am hoping that it's just a case of a locker not being available.

I finally got my package this morning - it had been with them since last Thursday afternoon! Same as yourself, it was a large package. Their support were saying that the motel I was trying to get it delivered to was busy with large packages. They said they'd redirect it to another less busy one, but it ended up getting delivered to the original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Anyone gotten a code for an empty locker? I've messaged them on Facebook about it. How is it usually resolved, just a case of forgetting to put the parcel in from the driver?

richieffff wrote: »
    Anyone gotten a code for an empty locker? I've messaged them on Facebook about it. How is it usually resolved, just a case of forgetting to put the parcel in from the driver?

Someone else posted about this on the thread a while back. Not sure what they did to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

....... wrote:

This time last year people were saying the same thing. Because Sterling is so weak black Friday last year & I'm sure this year stretches them to the max. Last year post was delayed by a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

They should offer a credit back facility if you collect within a certain time around this time of year. Say 1 euro off within 12 hrs, 2 within 4hrs, for example.

sweetie wrote: »
    They should offer a credit back facility if you collect within a certain time around this time of year. Say 1 euro off within 12 hrs, 2 within 4hrs, for example.

Could be wrong but I remember getting entered into some draw from a prize last December, television or something like that, if I collected my parcel within an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I've had a parcel delivered this AM to my local PM. Just tried to collect the parcel there but it's not accepting my phone number/pin.
    I tried it a dozen times and no luck.

It's the correct PM location. Its the phone number set up on my a/c and to which the pin # was sent.

What do I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'll go back and try that later. This is a real pain

Edit: QR code won't work either. Same message....incorrect phone # or pin #.

I'll try and ring them in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I said it in previous years that at this busy time you customers should be given 24 hours to collect their package and if they don’t then it goes back to the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Happened to me before. They still had the package in their depot so they just redelivered to another locker.

Had a package arrive into their depot on the 27th at 6pm, still no sign of it getting delivered to a motel and it's the 30th now. Blah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Berserker wrote: »
    Could be wrong but I remember getting entered into some draw from a prize last December, television or something like that, if I collected my parcel within an hour or two.

yeah they did. Wasn't much of an incentive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Especially when the deliveries to my motel are around 1am!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yeah, should be either a discount or bonus credit on your account, pick up 3 early and get a free stay or something. I have no interest in a new TV, if I did then I doubt it would be the same one they picked. I hate these "free" offers like sky giving a "free" tv when you sign up, just give me the fecking savings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

wong wrote: »

Happened to me before. They still had the package in their depot so they just redelivered to another locker.

Had a package arrive into their depot on the 27th at 6pm, still no sign of it getting delivered to a motel and it's the 30th now. Blah

Ah hopefully that's the case, not that someone has a new pair of headphones at my expense :O
    They've started a new parcel tracker for it on the website after I rang them. They refunded my stay and added another which is grand since I wasn't expecting the package anytime soon due to Black Friday. Now to see how long until it's re-delivered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement