Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Hi. I've had maybe 6 deliveries problem free including one yesterday. I had been waiting a while for a delivery that I thought might have got lost but got a text this morning with a "reminder" message, it turned out to be what I had been waiting for but I'm wondering how would I get a "reminder" when I hadn't had an actual notification?? Or will all notifications now start with "reminder"??

8170426E-15D6-4D68-AB0F-978DD1F198AA-8419-000006849C4DCDB5.jpg

Please PM me your PMID and I will see if this was delayed for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Ordered from amazon last Friday and picked up today...Good service for me, did what it says it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

pissed wrote: »
    Any chance you can pm me the link please :)

Edit. Its fine just got 24 of them for €20 delivered.
    Could you give a link please.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i dont praise things. i bitch and i moan and i rant. this however ... such a simple concept done so simply :)

i used parcelmotel for the first time. i got a text at 2130 saying parcel delivered to spar. collected and home by 2145. so very very handy and easy to use. beats having to make sure someone is in the house or dodging "sorry we missed you" notices from couriers.

will be using again after my 2nd free one for sure.

• Esel wrote: »
    Could you give a link please.

This?

• Advertisement

Not as good as 24 for €20 delivered, but thanks for the link.

I have PMed pissed to keep on topic here.

Edit: Found them!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Living in an apartment, this is a super service.
    Used it last week ordering to my new UK address :D
    Saved money overall and v happy with service.
    I'll be using it again for Christmas shopping no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Picked up my first (non oversized) parcel this morning. All went well. Got the text at about 715am and picked it up on the way to work. Great!

I'm just walking distance from the An Post mail center so I'll be using this only if its cheaper to get stuff shipped up north. Thats already two out of four packages in the next order....

No free mug though :(

Orla - just out of interest what percentage of the PM lockers are filled on any given day? Are ye all fairly successful?

Also, when the Cork lockers open, where will people go if stuff is oversized? I presume not to Finglas.

@parcelmotel - what happens if all the lockers at my chosen pickup point are full? does this mean i end up waiting an extra day? do i get the option of an alternative location?

• Advertisement

Picked up my first (non oversized) parcel this morning. All went well. Got the text at about 715am and picked it up on the way to work. Great!

I'm just walking distance from the An Post mail center so I'll be using this only if its cheaper to get stuff shipped up north. Thats already two out of four packages in the next order....

No free mug though :(

Orla - just out of interest what percentage of the PM lockers are filled on any given day? Are ye all fairly successful?

Also, when the Cork lockers open, where will people go if stuff is oversized? I presume not to Finglas.

Glad you enjoyed the service and thanks for the feedback. Sorry, the percentage capacity is sensitive information which I cannot divulge, but suffice it to say business is going to plan and we are very happy with the support from the thousands of customers who have registered with us already. Oversized items for Cork customers can be collected at the Nightline Cork Depot in Little Island.

Random wrote: »
    @parcelmotel - what happens if all the lockers at my chosen pickup point are full? does this mean i end up waiting an extra day? do i get the option of an alternative location?

The sophisticated Parcel Motel software notifies us when a motel is full and notifies us each time a locker is emptied. Our drivers fill the motels twice per day so there should be no significant delays even if a motel is particularly busy.

thanks orla. another question for you then - do you guys ever open packages to inspect them for security or other reasons? i got a second package today and the bag was opened. do you guys note if an item is received damaged or something like that?

thanks orla. another question for you then - do you guys ever open packages to inspect them for security or other reasons? i got a second package today and the bag was opened. do you guys note if an item is received damaged or something like that?

As per our terms and conditions we reserve the right to inspect the contents of any parcel. However, we usually only do so if we need more address information, for example if the parcel is missing a name or a PMID.
    If the packaging is slightly damaged but the contents appear OK when it arrives at our Check-In centre, we will note it in our system that the packaging is damaged and we will deliver to your preferred Parcel Motel.
    If there is serious damage to the outer packaging and there is obvious damage to the contents we will refuse to accept delivery from the carrier and we’ll notify you.

if you did inspect/open a parcel would you notify the user?
    when you note damaged packaging on your system is this information passed to the user?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Just thinking I got a parcel the other day and the bag was open.. It was only a top inside.. but there was no effort to reseal the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

Can someone tell me where exactly the locker is at this location "Citywest Browns Barn Topaz". Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

@ParcelMotel

Hi Orla

My phone has been acting up and not getting messages...

Can you guys check if I have a package, was expecting one

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

When can we expect more motels around the country?

Kilkenny or Carlow in particular.

@ParcelMotel

Hi Orla

Cheers
    Send your details via PM or email....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Gabico wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where exactly the locker is at this location "Citywest Browns Barn Topaz". Thanks

Junction of Naas and N81 link road Citywest , googlemaps is your friend

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

Tony wrote: »

Thanks, but I meant where exactly is the locker in there.. Asked someone to collect a package for me and she couldn't find it. All solved now..

Tony wrote: »
    Think they mean where are the lockers in the station..

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Gabico wrote: »
    Thanks, but I meant where exactly is the locker in there.. .

Sorry my bad, reading back now of course that's what you meant.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

when you note damaged packaging on your system is this information passed to the user?

thanks

If we open a parcel we always reseal it with Nightline branded packaging tape that says resealed during transit. It's not possible to always advise customers we have opened or repacked their item due to the volumes we are processing. If however you are suspicious or think your parcel has been tampered with please email us a photo with your PMID and we'll investigate further.

@ParcelMotel

Hi Orla

Cheers

PM me your PMID

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

thanks

If we open a parcel we always reseal it with Nightline branded packaging tape that says resealed during transit. It's not possible to always advise customers we have opened or repacked their item due to the volumes we are processing. If however you are suspicious or think your parcel has been tampered with please email us a photo with your PMID and we'll investigate further.
    :D:D just collected a parcel there - not only was it xrayed it also has 'resealed by national distribution centre' tape on it... Now the parcel is full of dog treats - I got a bag of them a few weeks back when i was ordering other stuff from this pet website and my dog went bananas for them so decided to get a few more bags - I wonder if one of the customs dogs went mad from the smell of them too and it raised suspicions lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I find this opening of parcels a little disturbing

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Just collected two packages from Topaz Omni - amazing service and fantastic idea! All to often, I got the dreaded An Post thing saying collect in post office but as there hours are Mon to Fri and I work, packages were getting sent back to origin and then bla bla. More than happy to pay 3.50 each time for this+++

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I find this opening of parcels a little disturbing

Deleted Star Wars scene?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement