Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

well if they only deliver to the uk then you use the northern ireland address and pick up down here or if they deliver to Ireland you can use dublin address. If, however, they are expensive for Irish delivery it could be cheaper to use the NI address and pick up down here.

Is this definitely the case yeah? Has anyone confirmed this with Parcel Motel themselves? How do they know which ROI Parcel Motel to deliver to if you put the NI address when ordering?

If this is true then I'll definitely be using the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

garion wrote: »
    Is this definitely the case yeah? Has anyone confirmed this with Parcel Motel themselves? How do they know which ROI Parcel Motel to deliver to if you put the NI address when ordering?

If this is true then I'll definitely be using the service.

As part of the delivery name/address you need to enter your unique PMID something like PMxxxx, from that PMID they know what parcel motel they need to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

I tried purchasing an item in Amazon and have it sent to the NI postal address supplied... however Amazon will not accept this address, has anyone else experienced this?

dl wrote: »
    I tried purchasing an item in Amazon and have it sent to the NI postal address supplied... however Amazon will not accept this address, has anyone else experienced this?

I was able to add it ok last week, I think after I add it I got another page that show a suggested address or my typed address so just selected the address I typed and was saved.

It looks like

My NAME
    PMxxxx
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk, Newtownabbey, Antrim BT36 4PX
    United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Setup another address in 'my account' first before buying an item at the checkout. Then address and info nava suggests above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I have an electric toothbrush on the way to my parcel motel from Amazon, I'll let you know how it goes! If you go to the instructions section of the parcel motel they actually tell you how to type your address for Amazon specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Cheers guys I got it now... I should have gone to spec-savers first! :eek:

Now if I could only find a way to change the country on my paypal account I would be laughing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I registered on Thursday but didnt choose the topup now option so didnt get my free credit :(
    I have a parcel coming from amazon (just to test the service)
    Is there anyway I can edit my account to get the credit?
    cheers.
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭bren2001

sham69 wrote: »
    I registered on Thursday but didnt choose the topup now option so didnt get my free credit :(
    I have a parcel coming from amazon (just to test the service)
    Is there anyway I can edit my account to get the credit?
    cheers.
    Sham.

Your first two deliveries are free so it wont make a difference. With the PAYG you cant have credit on your account (I think) so thats why it doesn't show.

Your first two deliveries are free so it wont make a difference. With the PAYG you cant have credit on your account (I think) so thats why it doesn't show.

Ah ok,
    So I get the first 2 free regardless?
    I was expecting to see a credit on the account.
    Cheers for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ah ok,
    So I get the first 2 free regardless?
    I was expecting to see a credit on the account.
    Cheers for the reply.

As far as I am aware yeah.

I just ordered with amazon using Amazon Prime (next day delivery) which was free if you signed up. In theory I should have my parcel in the parcel motel by Thursday so Ill update with how I got on.

that would be great.
    Cheers again for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Be aware on registration that you need Country Code (353) and the mobile number should be in the form 871234567. This seems to work fine. Also when you add the NI address into Amazon it may suggest postcode BT36 4PE, this is incorrect and you should make sure you accept the original postcode BT36 4PX.

I am waiting for confirmation from a rep on here (orla), she sent me a PM asking me for my PMID with regard to the 2 free deliveries.
    As I am writing this now I am wondering if it could be scam and I just gave out my id...
    Although they won't have my other details so I should be fine.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

Ordered a delivery to the Antrim address on Friday, arrived in Dublin today I got a text and an email. The screen on the machine does not line up very well so you have to guess where to press for the numbers which is a bit annoying as it took about 5 minutes to get a phone number and code right. It may have been the machine I used or the sun on the screen. Apart of that it is a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

ontour2 wrote: »
    Ordered a delivery to the Antrim address on Friday, arrived in Dublin today I got a text and an email. The screen on the machine does not line up very well so you have to guess where to press for the numbers which is a bit annoying as it took about 5 minutes to get a phone number and code right. It may have been the machine I used or the sun on the screen. Apart of that it is a great service.

Just picked up a parcel, agree with ontour2, the touch screen doesn't line up the best, but after a few attempts you get used to it. Overall very happy with my experience

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Sounds like a great service!
    Just hurry up and install one in cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

It would be great if they could do a US adress. Could get a Nexus 7 sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

wingnut wrote: »
    It would be great if they could do a US adress. Could get a Nexus 7 sooner rather than later.

Currys are selling them, there is a thread over on their talk to... forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Wait a while before deciding its a scam.

She is real and from parcelmotel :)

I had a problem as well, she was very helpful, took couple of days but in the end she sorted everything out.

I am sure you will get sorted soon.
    I am waiting for confirmation from a rep on here (orla), she sent me a PM asking me for my PMID with regard to the 2 free deliveries.
    As I am writing this now I am wondering if it could be scam and I just gave out my id...
    Although they won't have my other details so I should be fine.. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Is anybody else reading it as Paracetamol?

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Reading the t&cs it seems they won't accept corpses, ice or illegal drugs or even dead animals! :)

It is being rolled out nationwide but like many good ideas, there's another one coming along too. Forget the name, but they hope to launch in September.

wingnut wrote: »

I would say the problem with US would be custom charges been a PO box type, but would be great if they did.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Wait a while before deciding its a scam.

She is real and from parcelmotel :)

I had a problem as well, she was very helpful, took couple of days but in the end she sorted everything out.

I am sure you will get sorted soon.

I got a reply and all is good.
    She also gave me an extra free delivery.
    This is turning out to be a great service, assuming that my item arrives ok :D
    Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got a letter today with a spiffy membership card. It's a really cool service, I'm waiting on a package at the moment and I'm definitely going to use it for clothes and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

sandin wrote: »
    Reading the t&cs it seems they won't accept corpses, ice or illegal drugs or even dead animals! :)

It is being rolled out nationwide but like many good ideas, there's another one coming along too. Forget the name, but they hope to launch in September.

Parcel Hotel.

I'm waiting for Parcel Shangri-La.
    I like my parcels to wait for me in style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Got my parcel yesterday, ordered last Thursday so no slower than An Post. Simple procedure to open the box,will definitely use this providing charges are kept reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

cheers op. just ordered an amazon lighting deal special with free UK delivery - will report back on the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Collected a parcel today. Very easy to use. Saved me £20 well impressed

• Advertisement

Trying to get it to work Paypal to shop in ebay for UK items, Anyone manage to create a Paypal UK account with the address for UK using the NET+ Mastercard, I cannot get it to work as the address verification doesn't work with that credit card on that address.

Is there a way in Paypal UK to add a credit card without having the address verified?

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement