Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just registered and didn't get any free credit, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Not sure, but I'm guessing you clicked on credit which gives you the option to buy credit. If you click account area it will show you the credit you have. Other possibility is you signed up for DD and not prepay. Then you don't get any credit, but wont be charged for the 1st 2 uses (or so I'm told...)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Anybody know if Parcelmotel will deliver on Saturdays?

I have a package that i expect UPS to deliver to them tomorrow.... has taken nearly a week to get to Dublin from Spain!

And it will be really annoying to have to wait till monday for it to be delivered to my Parcel motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Can you add parcel motels uk email address to ebay too?
    what do you do when the sellers has "only ships to buyers approved address" or whatever it is.
    Can you get two addresses approved with ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭bren2001

Used the service yesterday. It was absolutely excellent. Delivered to Antrim on Wednesday, got a text at about half four with my PIN yesterday. The screen was aligned with the numbers, just type in your mobile number and pin and the locker opens.

Excellent service, will definitely use again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

I tried to add the UK address to my paypal account. Can't add an address from a different country to your paypal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Just to add to the happy customers. Got an item delivered from Amazon which they don't normally deliver to Ireland. Came within 4 days and had not trouble at all with the location in Templeogue. Will be using this in the future i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Does anyone know how long you have to collect stuff or what happens if you don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So apparently Parcel Motel do deliver on Saturdays! Brilliant service, they only took delivery of my parcel yesterday and I got it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Okay, slight problem here - They have a site listed as being at Topaz Glasnevin on the Finglas Road - There is no Parcel Motel at this site?? I've ordered something and it's gone to this phantom site.

I'm going to assume they meant either the Topaz in Finglas near the M50, or the one on Glasnevin Avenue? Anyone any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Okay, slight problem here - They have a site listed as being at Topaz Glasnevin on the Finglas Road - There is no Parcel Motel at this site?? I've ordered something and it's gone to this phantom site.

I'm going to assume they meant either the Topaz in Finglas near the M50, or the one on Glasnevin Avenue? Anyone any idea?

Call and ask Monday

They are very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Can the UK addressbe used to sign up for Amazon Prime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭bren2001

long_b wrote: »
    Can the UK addressbe used to sign up for Amazon Prime ?

yeah, did it last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Collected my parcel on Friday, very easy to do.
    Great service and great customer service from orla on here.
    Have a few more deliveries this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I tried to add the UK address to my paypal account. Can't add an address from a different country to your paypal account.

Even if you could, Paypal won't cover deliveries to countries not associated with your CC, AFAIK. Don't know how long this has been going on as I sent stuff before to family in Germany and paid via Paypal.
    It's a pain really as a lot of ebay sellers will only accept Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

What with all the PayPal problems I can see amazon doing really well out of parcelmotel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

digitaldr wrote: »
    What with all the PayPal problems I can see amazon doing really well out of parcelmotel

Just managed to add my Irish AIB visa credit card to an UK Paypal account using the ParcelMotel address :) also added the UK address to my ebay account, selected as shipping address and bought an item in ebay listed a UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

sham69 wrote: »
    Collected my parcel on Friday, very easy to do.
    Great service and great customer service from orla on here.
    Have a few more deliveries this week...

Yeah - got my car parts fine also - great service - saved me 10 uk pounds in postage.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Anyone else having problems with credit card details while registering on the PM site at the moment?

Edit

OK...Now sorted

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just registered. looks like a great service. saved about £15 with my order form Amazon.

:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Any chance of this being rolled out to us here in Meath?

Would start using the service, but driving al the way to the one in swords at the moment would be more in petrol than i would save in postage in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Just a follow up here, Orla PM'd to clarify where it was. Entirely the fault of the garage staff and not Parcel Motel's fault at all. Brilliant service as there's no way I can have stuff dropped into the office.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    Just wondering what the best ParcelForce site for people out side of Dublin (Cork, Limerick, Galway) who might be in Dublin for a day. Looking for one as close to Dublin city centre as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

nava wrote: »
    Just managed to add my Irish AIB visa credit card to an UK Paypal account using the ParcelMotel address :) also added the UK address to my ebay account, selected as shipping address and bought an item in ebay listed a UK only.

Great info thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

So can it be used for e bay I got a little card in the post from them today that be great if ya can use it for e bay

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Nice idea, but doesn't work if you have CC attached to an Irish Paypal account already, CC can only be attached to one account???

I also think that when your address is different from the CC Billing Address it's an unverified address and some Ebay only send to Verified Addresses?? Not sure about this one though.

gomara wrote: »
    Nice idea, but doesn't work if you have CC attached to an Irish Paypal account already, CC can only be attached to one account???

I also think that when your address is different from the CC Billing Address it's an unverified address and some Ebay only send to Verified Addresses?? Not sure about this one though.

You need to removed the credit card from the Irish Paypal account so you can add it to the UK Paypal account.

When I check the payment I sent on Saturday I see as below

Postal Address:
    MY NAME
    PMxxxx, Parcel Motel,
    1A McKinney Road, Mallusk
    Newtownabbey, Antrim
    BT36 4PX
    United Kingdom
    Confirmed Help

On the front page I see
    Account Type: PremierUpgrade
    Account Limits: View Limits

To change to Verified looks like you need to Add Bank Account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

You need to removed the credit card from the Irish Paypal account so you can add it to the UK Paypal account.

When I check the payment I sent on Saturday I see as below

Postal Address:
    MY NAME
    PMxxxx, Parcel Motel,
    1A McKinney Road, Mallusk
    Newtownabbey, Antrim
    BT36 4PX
    United Kingdom
    Confirmed Help

On the front page I see
    Account Type: PremierUpgrade
    Account Limits: View Limits

To change to Verified looks like you need to Add Bank Account

Did you need to set up a UK billing address for your CC?

bmaxi wrote: »
    Did you need to set up a UK billing address for your CC?

No is an Irish AIB click card with my Irish address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

No is an Irish AIB click card with my Irish address.
    Is it 2 seperate Paypal accounts you need then? Ireland can't be changed when I try add a new address or credit card

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement