Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

So I put the northy address on e bay and I won't have to put it on pay pal no!

• That's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Big love to the Parcel Motel, I collected my first package this week (free postage to UK) verses. £6.95 standard delivery to Ireland.

When I think of the extortionate amount of postage I paid in the past e.g. last years Xmas presents from Emma Bridgewater for £16 delivery to Ireland verses the free UK postage.

My only problem is when the free or reduced postage is onlyto mainland UK (which does not include Northern Ireland) but it will always be cheaper than postage to republic of Ireland.

So for convenience and value :) – thanks so much Nightline for inventing this service and wishing you every success with the new business venture !!!!

God that's excellent "well done parcel motel" that's brilliant must try use it now for the 1st time tomorrow. Many thanks again you've been great

Here here cats. Wiskers brilliant idea this was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Yes, you'll be able to collect at our Limerick depot for no extra charge. The Nightline Limerick depot is in Crossagalla Industrial Estate, Ballysimon Rd.

Hi Orla! Like collection at Limerick depot for no extra charge for shipment that weighs > 10kg but < 25 kg, do you have any collection-depot in Cork too (of course, after you setup a PM in Cork)? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

@Parcel Motel: Orla: I had goods shipped to UK parcelmotel address. My account got credit deducted this morning. Can I expect the package in my Dublin parcelmotel this evening or tomorrow? Or are deliveries to ParcelMotel from UK Mon - Fri?

I got an email on a Sunday night that my parcel was ready to be collected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

just used the service for this first time, free delivery from uk, used paypal was able to change address without any problems,only draw back sister in law had to collect from dublin, im in wexford, but great service, ordered wednesday got text ready for collection today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Going to have to start ordering presents soon to get it out of the way. Any sign of the Sligo PM opening or is there still problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

no sign of anything at Topaz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

mac.in wrote: »
    Hi Orla! Like collection at Limerick depot for no extra charge for shipment that weighs > 10kg but < 25 kg, do you have any collection-depot in Cork too (of course, after you setup a PM in Cork)? :confused:

Yes, there's a Nightline depot in Little Island. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Yes, there's a Nightline depot in Little Island. :)

Hi Orla, I was hoping that the some of the motels would have been open in Cork this weekend. Is there a way that I could have items sent via the Motel service directly to the depot in little lsland instead? If so, could you tell me the steps to do this, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Picked up my first drop in Newtownpark Avenue Texaco in Blackrock today and well pleased with service.

Well done on this everybody involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

great service. had a little issue with locating the correct collection pount 1st time out. A quick call to the helpline after hours. The chap couldn't help me, but arranged a call back within 5minutes which sorted it out without any hassle.

All in all, well impressed with the idea and service, have already use twice since.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've a seller on ebay who won't ship to IRELAND but ships to the UK. Just wondering would parcel motel be an option in this case if I was to provide the UK address for him to ship to? The items are low value, but what would happen I did the same with a higher value shipment and it got stung for import duties? When would the duties have to be paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I know it's a big topic but your questions have been asked (and answered) many times, also on the parcel motel website.
    Yes you can use the uk address as you like (to save on postage or for sellers who won't ship to Ireland or for whatever reason you like).
    Anything with duties to be paid will be refused (returned to sender).

thanks for that, tis a huge topic to get through alright. I read the website quite comprehensively before when I used it to get something from the UK about 2 months ago, but don't recall anything about shipments outside the UK. That sounds fine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Picked up my parcel from the motel thismorning, excellent service, will use it again for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I picked up an oversized parcel from the depot in finglas and was still charged the full €14. It didn't even deduct the free €3.50 credit I had on my account :(

Kenny, I picked up my first PM delivery from the depot as it was oversized too, however it wasn't overweight and I was told over the phone there was money due on it, I said that there shouldn't be and she rechecked and said yup it would be free, so just make sure they don't make the same mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

My first and only parcel I have ever had sent through parcel motel ended up in Finglas. It was a duh moment from me as it was twice the size it should have been.
    €7 is all they charged me (well didnt charge me it just took up my free 2 visits)

Still PM is a thumbup from me.

Still need a closer one though if I have a gripe:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country! Here's the installation schedule but please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations

This week: Kilmacanogue Topaz

Still cannot select the Kilmacanogue Topaz :( I saw the lockers have been unwrapped there.
    Any idea when this is going to go live on the site?

Kenny_D wrote: »
    I picked up an oversized parcel from the depot in finglas and was still charged the full €14. It didn't even deduct the free €3.50 credit I had on my account :(

Please PM me your PMID and I will check this out for you.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Still cannot select the Kilmacanogue Topaz :( I saw the lockers have been unwrapped there.
    Any idea when this is going to go live on the site?

It takes a few days for commissioning and testing but rest assured we will have it up and running ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

can anyone from pm,tell me when charlestown in finglas,will be up and running,i see the lockers there,it would be handier for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

the main office is just up the road from that, can you not claim it from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

daytob,no i mean i want to pick up my parcels from charlestown,as it would be handier than the one im using at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well the one in Texaco in Ballycoolin is still not open and it was supposed to be there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

any update on the sligo location see no action at topaz so i reckon that must be a no go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hi orla

any plans to email or sms us (opt in) when money is debited from our account/card?

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement