Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Has the letterkenny PM opened yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Any word on the Limerick PMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

And Castlebar, C'mon, answers, spill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

cormie wrote: »
    I've a seller on ebay who won't ship to IRELAND but ships to the UK. Just wondering would parcel motel be an option in this case if I was to provide the UK address for him to ship to? The items are low value, but what would happen I did the same with a higher value shipment and it got stung for import duties? When would the duties have to be paid?

Found out that parcel motel are coming to cork and like you have to sift through the thread to find something about eBay

It's on page 17 post 242 for info on eBay
    Like you I get frustrated when on eBay auctions don't post outside the uk!

• BroLo wrote: »
    Any word on the Limerick PMs?
    Was down at the Topaz this morning and the lockers haven't even been delivered yet! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Think it would be a good idea to make smaller motels for the smaller towns that won't need the big lockers this way people wouldn't need to travel that far to the nearest one,closest one to me is 20 mins away and the portlaoise one will be 15 mins.Think a small motel in portarlington would be used as it's a big enough town.

I agree, my closest is Dublin, 45 mins away... Pain in the backside

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seen a large prop display at Charlestown Shopping Centre the other day, is this a new collection point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just placed my first order to be delivered to parcel motel. It's due in about a month's time. What I was wondering is if before the item gets delivered can I change my motel? At the moment I've got cornelscourt as my nearest location but when the kilmacanogue one opens that'll be much handier to get to. If I can't though it's no big deal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi Orla,
    Got paid today and was reaaaaallly hoping the one in Limerick would be open by now...any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Just placed my first order to be delivered to parcel motel. It's due in about a month's time. What I was wondering is if before the item gets delivered can I change my motel? At the moment I've got cornelscourt as my nearest location but when the kilmacanogue one opens that'll be much handier to get to. If I can't though it's no big deal!

Yes, you can change motels up to the point that Parcel motel recieve your parcel, i only done last week. I changed motels monday evening and tuesday morning i got a notification of the parcel being delivered to the new motel.

Just log in and go to your account details, scroll down to 'choose a motel', change to your new motel in the pull down menu and click 'save' at the bottom of the screen.

hope this was of help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

mp1973 wrote: »
    Yes, you can change motels up to the point that Parcel motel recieve your parcel, i only done last week. I changed motels monday evening and tuesday morning i got a notification of the parcel being delivered to the new motel.

Just log in and go to your account details, scroll down to 'choose a motel', change to your new motel in the pull down menu and click 'save' at the bottom of the screen.

hope this was of help.

Perfect thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Is there a US equivalent to parcel motel? I have something I need shipped from amazon.com but they wont ship it outside the US. Any ideas?

• Yep! MyUs.com. Be prepared to pay the proverbial arm and leg however. Also check import charges here:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Kenny_D wrote: »
    Is there a US equivalent to parcel motel? I have something I need shipped from amazon.com but they wont ship it outside the US. Any ideas?

I know someone has already answered you but I've used http://www.shipito.com/ and found them very good.

Also, I saw a Parcel Motel van parked outside Blanchardstown Shopping Center (not in the car park) today, are we getting a locker there or was the driver just getting some lunch???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Orla,
    Can you please advise when the Cork motels will open as I want to order some items for Christmas but need to know if this is possible as they are UK only deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Nolimits wrote: »
    I know someone has already answered you but I've used http://www.shipito.com/ and found them very good.

Also, I saw a Parcel Motel van parked outside Blanchardstown Shopping Center (not in the car park) today, are we getting a locker there or was the driver just getting some lunch???
    Ask him he posted after you. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi Orla, what happens when an oversized package arrives in the depot in Newtownabbey? Is the account debited or are you contacted once it arrives in Finglas with an overall price?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Still no sign of the Dundalk depot on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Nolimits wrote: »

There's one not too far aaway already, up at Supervalu on Clonsilla Road, just behind Coolmin Ind. Estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

TheDriver wrote: »
    Orla,
    Can you please advise when the Cork motels will open as I want to order some items for Christmas but need to know if this is possible as they are UK only deliveries

I'd be interested to know about the Cork sites as well. Think they will do very well down here

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cooldrim

sligono1 wrote: »
    Has the letterkenny PM opened yet??
    Looks like the Letterkenny one is up and running. It's at the right hand side of the Topaz station at the Mountain Top. Just checked the touch screen and it brings up the code entry screen. Looks good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

January wrote: »
    Hi Orla, what happens when an oversized package arrives in the depot in Newtownabbey? Is the account debited or are you contacted once it arrives in Finglas with an overall price?
    Debited and you'll get a text asking you to pick it up in finglas when it arrives

Cooldrim wrote: »
    Looks like the Letterkenny one is up and running. It's at the right hand side of the Topaz station at the Mountain Top. Just checked the touch screen and it brings up the code entry screen. Looks good to go.

thanks but sure theres no mention of it on their website,And a thing i have noticed when the difficult questions are asked Orla from PM goes missing.perhaps she is not informed either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Debited and you'll get a text asking you to pick it up in finglas when it arrives

Thanks Chet, parcel arrived in Newtownabbey today (tracked package) and account has not been debited yet :\

• No sign of the promised PMs opening around the country and I suppose Orla is in hiding lest we take to the streets as an angry mob.

ah give over.smartness doesnt suit ya

• Ok mate. Tell me something. What part of the country are you waiting for a PM for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Thinking of having a $40 item from the US sent to parcel motel because I'm in college all day and always miss the postie, and my 'local' an post parcel office is very inconvenient for me.

Has anyone ever been charged import duty on an item coming from the states worth ~$40? I'm thinking that they don't usually bother with applying import duty to anything around that price?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Interested in Cork too. Midleton will be my local motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement