Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hi orla

what about an option to show the pin next to the account history online too? handy for those who might be getting a lot of deliverys.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

aster99 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know about the Cork sites as well. Think they will do very well down here

The sites are updated in facebook. I recall it to be in Old Mallow Road, Ballincolling, Leitrim Street, and Middleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I read that too but we were also told the motels would be in place for Christmas shopping but it seems to be dragging now........

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Ok mate. Tell me something. What part of the country are you waiting for a PM for?

sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Not sure if this has been asked before. How do I buy something on ebay but they will only ship to the uk, payment with Paypal. Do I have to add the NI Parcel Motel Address to both accounts? Or is the ebay one enough? No idea

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

eire1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked before. How do I buy something on ebay but they will only ship to the uk, payment with Paypal. Do I have to add the NI Parcel Motel Address to both accounts? Or is the ebay one enough? No idea

Thanks

See page 17, post #242 (kindly highlighted again in #1595) and #1552 for Paypal. If your Paypal a/c is linked to your ebay one, then should only have to change in ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

No sign of the promised PMs opening around the country and I suppose Orla is in hiding lest we take to the streets as an angry mob.

Might be worth contacting the Guinness Book Of Records!

It could be the smallest angry mob in history ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That Dario Inexpensive Teaspoonful bloke really likes whinging, doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thinking of having a $40 item from the US sent to parcel motel because I'm in college all day and always miss the postie, and my 'local' an post parcel office is very inconvenient for me.

Has anyone ever been charged import duty on an item coming from the states worth ~$40? I'm thinking that they don't usually bother with applying import duty to anything around that price?

The Irish allowance for stuff like this is quite generous. They may inspect or X-Ray the package to make sure that what's declared is the correct item at the correct value but once it doesn't go over a threshold of €150 then you'll be ok.

• Achilles wrote: »
    I quite like him. Sound lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Achilles wrote: »

Kick him in the heel Dario Inexpensive Teaspoonful;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Dimensional weight query.......

Even though a parcel I am looking at weighs in at 16kg, the dimensional weight will most likely be an issue. When calculated, 128cm x 65cm x 61cm / 3000 returns a value of 169. What do I do with that figure ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

No sign of the promised PMs opening around the country and I suppose Orla is in hiding lest we take to the streets as an angry mob.

Thanks to everyone for their patience. Please rest assured that our installation teams are working around the clock for a speedy rollout of Parcel Motels in our new locations. Just to explain how our locating process works:

Firstly, we survey and area for suitable sites. Then we agree a contract with the hosting retailer. Then we prepare the site for electrical connections. The Parcel Motel is then delivered to the site. Finally there is a period of communications set up and testing which can take up to a week.

Sometimes unforeseen problems arise at the various stages which cause delays in the process but we are working closely with our retail partners to keep this to a minimum.

Parcel Motels have already arrived on site at Naas Topaz, Dundalk Topaz, Kilmacanogue Topaz, Blanchardstown Texaco, Deansgrange Texaco, Trim Texaco, Charlestown Shopping Centre, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Thurles Topaz, Casey's Roscommon, Kelly's Letterkenny, Longford Texaco.

These are currently going through the testing process. We will keep you updated, here and on Facebook and Twitter as soon as they go live.

Random wrote: »
    hi orla

what about an option to show the pin next to the account history online too? handy for those who might be getting a lot of deliverys.

thanks

Thanks for your suggestions. We will certainly consider these when designing the next phase of our website. Please keep them coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

Thanks for your suggestions. We will certainly consider these when designing the next phase of our website. Please keep them coming :)

Hi Orla,
    When you are redesigning your website how about a check box on the log in page to remember your email address.

looks like the Cork parcel motels are well down the list, can you give a realistic timeframe or should we go plan B for Christmas Presents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I think I need to point something out.

Parcel Motel is a business, they like to make money, that's what they try and do.

Having more motels operating means more money.

It stands that it's in their interest to get motels running as soon as possible, not keep delaying them just to torment people which is what people seem to think they're doing! People keep asking and asking about locations until an answer is forced from the rep and when it proves incorrect they jump on the offensive.

I know people are really interested in using it but there's no need to act like you can't survive without it, a few months ago we all had to make do without and we got on fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

dodzy wrote: »
    Dimensional weight query.......

Even though a parcel I am looking at weighs in at 16kg, the dimensional weight will most likely be an issue. When calculated, 128cm x 65cm x 61cm / 3000 returns a value of 169. What do I do with that figure ? :confused:

So the dimensional weight is 169kg. You will pay €3.50 for the first 25kg and €3.50 per 10kg thereafter.

169 - 25 = 144kg. This equates to 14 (rounded down) x €3.50 which is €49. Then add the initial €3.50.

Therefore total charge for pickup at Finglas should be €52.50 by my calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Libera wrote: »
    See page 17, post #242 (kindly highlighted again in #1595) and #1552 for Paypal. If your Paypal a/c is linked to your ebay one, then should only have to change in ebay.

Thanks

mp1973 wrote: »
    Hi Orla,
    When you are redesigning your website how about a check box on the log in page to remember your email address.

There may be a setting in your browser which will allow it to remember your email?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    looks like the Cork parcel motels are well down the list, can you give a realistic timeframe or should we go plan B for Christmas Presents?

The Cork installations will start next week.

Chet T16 wrote: »

Parcel Motel is a business, they like to make money, that's what they try and do.

It stands that it's in their interest to get motels running as soon as possible, not keep delaying them just to torment people which is what people seem to think they're doing! People keep asking and asking about locations until an answer is forced from the rep and when it proves incorrect they jump on the offensive.

I know people are really interested in using it but there's no need to act like you can't survive without it, a few months ago we all had to make do without and we got on fine!

I agree with you however we were informed they would be in place for Christmas shopping so its not a case of surviving without it, its more a case of having the ideas in my head of what I want to buy form crowds that won't deliver to Ireland.
    Thanks Orla, look forward to using them in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

The Cork installations will start next week.

yay now to find something to buy :D

Great idea and good luck with it!

• Chet T16 wrote: »

Hang on a minute mate. Two weeks ago on here and on Facebook there was a big announcement about motels being installed the week ending November 9 and the week ending November 16. Nobody "pushed" anybody for this at least not on Facebook anyway. They themselves set their own deadline and couldn't meet it. If they had said "first week of December" then we would have known where we stood. In fact it's worse in that many potential customers probably held off ordering something to wait for the early November installs. I love Orla and I love the idea of Parcel Motel but this has been handled badly in my opinion. I'm probably a whinging cnut and I'll be flamed to high heaven but as I said it's my opinion. Love you all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Good to see Parcel Motel brings out the love! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

gebbel wrote: »
    So the dimensional weight is 169kg. You will pay €3.50 for the first 25kg and €3.50 per 10kg thereafter.

169 - 25 = 144kg. This equates to 14 (rounded down) x €3.50 which is €49. Then add the initial €3.50.

Therefore total charge for pickup at Finglas should be €52.50 by my calculation.
    Cheers Gebbel, just wanted to clarify the 169 was actually a reference to kgs. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

When PM sets up in Waterford City i will be well happy. I see the Motel has been installed on the Cork Road Topaz station, but no branding or the like on it yet.

The 16th of Novemebr was stated, so just wondering has the date been pushed back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

The Kilkenny motel has been pushed back too due to issues with the original planned site. Apparently they're looking for an alternative site.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Orla,

Any sign of a motel opening in Mayo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

TheDriver wrote: »
    I agree with you however we were informed they would be in place for Christmas shopping so its not a case of surviving without it, its more a case of having the ideas in my head of what I want to buy form crowds that won't deliver to Ireland.
    Thanks Orla, look forward to using them in Cork.

My post looks like it was in reply to you but i had actually started writing it before you posted, i was a bit slow typing with my phone. It was a general comment on the while thread.
    Hang on a minute mate. Two weeks ago on here and on Facebook there was a big announcement about motels being installed the week ending November 9 and the week ending November 16. Nobody "pushed" anybody for this at least not on Facebook anyway. They themselves set their own deadline and couldn't meet it. If they had said "first week of December" then we would have known where we stood. In fact it's worse in that many potential customers probably held off ordering something to wait for the early November installs. I love Orla and I love the idea of Parcel Motel but this has been handled badly in my opinion. I'm probably a whinging cnut and I'll be flamed to high heaven but as I said it's my opinion. Love you all! :)

I've followed this thread from day one and some of the comments are ridiculous, as i said above my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

I don't think its been handled badly, i think its the unforeseen delays and high anticipation levels that have caused problems :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement