Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I love Orla

Ah, There's the issue. You playground hair-pulling flirt you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Hey Mods,

I know this thread is for a bargain alert, which it was at the time, but seeing as its transformed into a "Talk to" thread, would it be better to move it or start a brand new Talk to: "Parcel Motel" Thread with all the repeated questions answered in a sticky?? Its just an idea guys, I'm not complaining about the thread, I keep clicking in to see if the Galway one is live yet :)

Paddy

• I think that is a champion idea Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I think that is a champion idea Paddy!

And I will 2nd this

*I have no standing in this place at all :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Chet T16 wrote: »

I don't think its been handled badly, i think its the unforeseen delays and high anticipation levels that have caused problems :D

unforeseen would be understandable if one or two of the stated locations were affected, but when a whole list are delayed it brings into question how it is being handled by the company. rule number 1 of customer engagement is don;t give a commitment to a customer you can't meet.

given we're into the run-up to xmas, i can understand why people are getting edgy, and looking at the business model, this should be PM's highest turnover period. personally i reckon they've handled this badly, should have said nothing until the lockers were installed in the locations unless they were sure they could have them there on time.

i'm not really bothered about when they open near me, when they do there's a good chance i'll use them, but i'm in no rush so i'm not just ranting. i do agree with you some of the comments are crazy, and aren't called for. Just analyzing the way it's been handled though, it could have been better

that said, let me applaud PM and orla in particular for being so engaged on here. front line customer service, especially any utilizing Social media, is a serious undertaking for a company. so kudos on that

• Advertisement

• zuroph wrote: »
    Ah, There's the issue. You playground hair-pulling flirt you! :p
    Stop! The mere thought of her causes a visit from Rosie Palm and her five sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

9dd8444c_vbattach189755.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gebbel wrote: »

So the dimensional weight is 169kg. You will pay €3.50 for the first 25kg and €3.50 per 10kg thereafter.

169 - 25 = 144kg. This equates to 14 (rounded down) x €3.50 which is €49. Then add the initial €3.50.

Therefore total charge for pickup at Finglas should be €52.50 by my calculation.

im going to ask the question everyone is thinking.... What the heck are you buying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

gazzaman22 wrote: »

im going to ask the question everyone is thinking.... What the heck are you buying

To me it sounds like a NAMA property that he/she is moving out of some ghost estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

To me it sounds like a NAMA property that he/she is moving out of some ghost estate.

Either that or a massive box of rubber dildos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI Lads..

All this talk of a 'Biz -> Talk To' forum is out of our hands.

As far as I know - this is all done through Boards.ie HQ. Will pop an e-mail through to the powers that be just be aware of that before commenting about it on thread and reporting posts.

Thanks!

EDIT: Moved to 'Online Buying & Auctions' for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Just wanted to put up a big thanks to the Parcel Motel on how they dealt with an oversize item for me. I had mailed them to say I couldn't collect from Finglas so could I arrange to have delivered somewhere else. They missed the email and when I contacted them again they offered to drop it anywhere I wanted free of charge. Great customer support!

• The dock road parcel motel has been installed! Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Still no parcel motel in Sligo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I just see that PM has set up in Topaz Tipperary Road Limerick...Sweet...

Hoping it will be up and running next week sometime?

• The Tipperary Road? I'm fairly sure that wasn't down on Orla's list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Might as well get in on the act - Thurles or Portlaoise not on the drop down list

.....2 or 3 weeks I suppose as usual

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Collected something from PM yesterday, what a deadly service! My parcel just about fit in the biggest locker, getting my moneys worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

Wexford and Carlow are in the same phase as Limerick so all I can tell you right now, is that it will be in the next 2 months. In plenty of time for the Christmas shopping. Only 70 shopping days left 'til Christmas!

Hi Orla

Could we please have an update on whether the Wexford PM will be installed in time for Xmas or noticon5.png

There only 36 shopping days left 'til Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Is the "Parcel Motel ID"? the 4 digit "Parcel Motel verification code" you get sent yo your phone:confused:

• Advertisement

• That would be a "No".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Hmmm , this is a puzzle .There is no email form parcel motel in my junk or main email , nor no post in my mail box.

Is my parcel motel Identification number the same as my account number
    which is in this format "PM55555":confused:

• That would be a "Yes".

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Basq wrote: »
    FYI Lads..

All this talk of a 'Biz -> Talk To' forum is out of our hands.

As far as I know - this is all done through Boards.ie HQ. Will pop an e-mail through to the powers that be just be aware of that before commenting about it on thread and reporting posts.

Thanks!

EDIT: Moved to 'Online Buying & Auctions' for now..

Thanks Basq, Sorry bout the talk to Biz - Talk to, was just a suggestion, wasn't sure who to put it to, thought the mods would know best, which you do. Sorry if I overstepped the mark with the suggestion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is the "Parcel Motel ID"? the 4 digit "Parcel Motel verification code" you get sent yo your phone:confused:
    That would be a "No".
    Hmmm , this is a puzzle .There is no email form parcel motel in my junk or main email , nor no post in my mail box.

Is my parcel motel Identification number the same as my account number
    which is in this format "PM55555":confused:
    That would be a "Yes".
    Just in case you are still confused:

Your PM Id is the one you get when you register, format PMnnnn. You have to include this, as well as your name, in the delivery address when having stuff delivered via Parcel Motel.

The 4-digit code you get via text when a parcel is ready for collection is what you have to use at the motel to open the locker (along with your mobile no.).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nursejane

I've used pm about 15 times now, for my business and personal shopping! The best service I have ever come across! And especially when free delivery is offered to 'uk' addresses.. Sure the same truck delivering to the north is most likely coming from Dublin port! Madness! Well don't on the service though

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭prochida

Orla

Can you confirm the locations in Cork, supposed to be this week.

Also can we use Nightline in Little island as a depot as it is closer to me than say Ballincollig.

Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

prochida wrote: »
    Orla

Can you confirm the locations in Cork, supposed to be this week.

Also can we use Nightline in Little island as a depot as it is closer to me than say Ballincollig.

Tks

Cork Parcel Motels are arriving at the locations on Wednesday and Thursday. Will take a few days for commissioning and testing but should be up and running next week. The depot in Little Island can be used to collect oversized items but not for normal Parcel Motel deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hi Orla, I have just changed my PM location but I notice that I have been debited which I assume means my package has arrived. Can you advise if the package will be delivered to my new PM location or will it be delivered to the previous one that I had. Or will I be told what location my package is in when I get the text / email?

I have PM'd you the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My card was the subject of fraud over the weekend and has had to be disabled. My account is set up as pay as you go. What happens if you receive something to drop to PM but there's no credit in the account?

Thanks Orla.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement