Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

nava wrote: »
    No is an Irish AIB click card with my Irish address.

Don't understand how you opened a UK Paypal a/c without a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Access wrote: »
    Any chance of this being rolled out to us here in Meath?

Would start using the service, but driving al the way to the one in swords at the moment would be more in petrol than i would save in postage in the first place.
    According to twitter they had 20 more units arrive yesterday so hopefully they'll be spread out.

My da has an ideal site for one but we never heard back after filling in the form on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Is it 2 seperate Paypal accounts you need then? Ireland can't be changed when I try add a new address or credit card
    Yes correct 1 account for Ireland and another for UK, working ok so far only used the UK account on Paypal once
    bmaxi wrote: »
    Don't understand how you opened a UK Paypal a/c without a UK address.

I used the UK address for ParcelMotel the registration on the UK Paypal website as pasted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Yes correct 1 account for Ireland and another for UK, working ok so far only used the UK account on Paypal once

I used the UK address for ParcelMotel the registration on the UK Paypal website as pasted above.

Sorry don't understand, earlier you said "No is an Irish AIB click card with my Irish address", so which address did you use for the UK PayPal?? Not arguing just trying to figure it out.

gomara wrote: »
    Sorry don't understand, earlier you said "No is an Irish AIB click card with my Irish address", so which address did you use for the UK PayPal?? Not arguing just trying to figure it out.

Sorry I clarify, I created a Paypal.co.uk account, on the registration I used the ParcelMotel Co. Antrim address , as the credit card I used my Irish credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

any advice on how long it takes for them to send out pick up info once they have your parcel?

my account appears to have debited one of my free credits yesterday but so far no communications from parcelmotel via email or text on the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭bren2001

donnacha wrote: »
    any advice on how long it takes for them to send out pick up info once they have your parcel?

my account appears to have debited one of my free credits yesterday but so far no communications from parcelmotel via email or text on the package.

They send you a text with your pin when the parcel has been delivered to the parcel motel. They dont tell you when they get it, just when it is delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

collecting my first package tonight, well my wife is,

i have been text the pin so does she just enter that or does she need my account number aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Cyrus wrote: »
    collecting my first package tonight, well my wife is,

i have been text the pin so does she just enter that or does she need my account number aswell?

She just needs your mobile number and the pin you were texted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

bren2001 wrote: »
    They send you a text with your pin when the parcel has been delivered to the parcel motel. They dont tell you when they get it, just when it is delivered.

cheers - got the text about an hour after my post. just picked up my first parcel! delighted with the service - I'll be using this again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picked up a parcel in Sallins this afternoon. Very efficient service and will definitely use it again.

It's a pity there is a size restriction as I think they could do well if they allowed larger packages, even for a higher fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

tallpaul wrote: »
    Picked up a parcel in Sallins this afternoon. Very efficient service and will definitely use it again.

It's a pity there is a size restriction as I think they could do well if they allowed larger packages, even for a higher fee.
    Yeah Would be great if they could do tv's. Would a laptop be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Be careful if ordering from amazon, the other half ordered a few items off them and although it was one order 3 seperate packages were sent out. So one order turned into 3 parcel motel trips and 3 parcel motel charges!

picked up two parcels this evening

can see this getting a lot of use :D

well done parcel motel and thanks to Orla for all her help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

picked up two parcels this evening

can see this getting a lot of use :D

well done parcel motel and thanks to Orla for all her help

Spoke to Orla today too.

Orla sounds nice:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I collected my first package from the Parcel Motel in Raheny today

The setup is very impressive, it only took around 1 min to get the package and be on my way again

I had a top shipped from England to the NI address and saved around 6euro on the postage.

Now that I know it works, I am planning to order some UK-only stuff from places like Argos Outet on e-bay

Well done to Nightline for a first-rate service

scotchy wrote: »
    Spoke to Orla today too.

Orla sounds nice:)

Also spoke to Orla today, very friendly and very helpful.

As we know she's reading the post, just let her know what some other users are thinking

Allow bigger items even if higher charge for home delivery.

As mention above if you get x number of items from same seller (amazon, pixmania, etc) because they separate order) within the same week, some discount will be welcome for extra items, I know will be hard to monitor for ParcelMotel but will be welcome.

Free drop for each recommendation of the service.

Other users here might have more ideas :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Okay, slight problem here - They have a site listed as being at Topaz Glasnevin on the Finglas Road - There is no Parcel Motel at this site?? I've ordered something and it's gone to this phantom site.

I'm going to assume they meant either the Topaz in Finglas near the M50, or the one on Glasnevin Avenue? Anyone any idea?

Just a follow up here, Orla PM'd to clarify where it was. Entirely the fault of the garage staff and not Parcel Motel's fault at all. Brilliant service as there's no way I can have stuff dropped into the office.

Were is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

OK, gotcha now. :cool: Did you have any problems switching your card back and forth between the two Paypal accounts?

bmaxi wrote: »
    OK, gotcha now. :cool: Did you have any problems switching your card back and forth between the two Paypal accounts?

I put the Netteler credit card on my Irish account, careful with changing the same CC between accounts as paypal can block it to be used again in Paypal not sure but recall reading that a while back, not sure how many changes you can make.

Check what looks like official forum https://www.paypal-community.com/ for more info or ask the question there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Seems lot of probs with PP accounts. Now I have a Dutch PP account so maybe it's different but I can enter any address in any country as my delivery address (have 5 addresses in 3 different countries registered currently).
    The main prob is registering a card or bank account from a different country. What worked for me is just ignoring the country in the address info; I have a UK (sterling) credit card with an Irish address but on my paypal it wont accept any other country than Netherlands. So I just entered the Irish address with the country set to Netherlands. Have done several payments on this card and they go through no prob (I don't have to worry about the delivery as you can always specify a different billing and delivery address).

Back to ParcelMotel;
    Got my first package, all without prob. Great! Used it again straight away.
    I also would like to see a higher weight/size limit on the service...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just collected two parcels.

Really impressed with how good this service is.

Can’t talk now, more stuff to buy:D.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Ordered stuff from UK, dispatched Friday, and picked it up in Clonsilla yesterday. One slight problem was a few texts yesterday morning saying I had no credit even though I should have 2 free drops. Spoke to very helpful Joanne on the phone who fixed it and I got my PIN number after lunch. Only comment I would make is that it's a little hard to input the details, as there appears to be safety glass in front of the touch screen and it feels a little weird trying to press the right button. Impressed with service so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Had an item shipped from Amazon on Monday with Prime One-Day delivery.
    Arrived up north Tuesday and I collected it yesterday.

No problems at all entering my phone number and PIN.

Very impressed.

Ill definitely be using this service again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

It's probably mentioned in the small print but something I hadn't copped. If you order something through the Belfast address it will cost 2 trips(2x€3.50). They charge for each stay so arriving in Belfast counts as one stay and then arriving in your chosen location in Dublin counts as one. Still a great saving but something to watch out for.

Also if reading Parcel Motel, you might need to adjust some of your maps. The Milltown Dundrum location is miles away from where the map states. I'd also class it as D.6 not D.14.

Anyway minor gripes and I'm still impressed with the speed of delivery and the general idea of it.

s.welstead wrote: »
    It's probably mentioned in the small print but something I hadn't copped. If you order something through the Belfast address it will cost 2 trips(2x€3.50). They charge for each stay so arriving in Belfast counts as one stay and then arriving in your chosen location in Dublin counts as one. Still a great saving but something to watch out for.

Also if reading Parcel Motel, you might need to adjust some of your maps. The Milltown Dundrum location is miles away from where the map states. I'd also class it as D.6 not D.14.

Anyway minor gripes and I'm still impressed with the speed of delivery and the general idea of it.

you sure about that?

i got two parcels from UK via ni, cost me 7 all in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

i ordered something through the Antrim address and it only charged me once...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭bren2001

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

you sure about that?

i got two parcels from UK via ni, cost me 7 all in

Well I'm sure in my case I got billed twice but I'll ring them later and see why that was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement