Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

bren2001 wrote: »
    No.

Great contribution!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭bren2001

s.welstead wrote: »
    Great contribution!

I needed to say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

Hi ,

Just wondering, I will be placing an order for two items that will not ship until December.

They will be about the size of a shoe box and they will be expensive at €135 each.

The seller is looking for shipping of £18 for each item to Dublin or £3 each for shipping to a UK address.

Would it be safe to use this service for items of this value?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

j14 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Just wondering, I will be placing an order for two items that will not ship until December.

They will be about the size of a shoe box and they will be expensive at €135 each.

The seller is looking for shipping of £18 for each item to Dublin or £3 each for shipping to a UK address.

Thanks

Here's the liability section:

https://www.parcelmotel.com/liability-and-limitation-section/

j14 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Thanks

Your item is only insured up to €100 so its really at your own risk. I personally would take the chance as its quite secure and live right beside one so can get to it pretty much when its delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Just a word for people using 3rd party sellers on Amazon.co.uk - some of them may ask for additional postage for the Antrim address.

I know it's wrong, I've complained to the company involved etc ...

Just to make you all aware.

The crowd in question sent me an email with the extra postage charges, giving me the option to cancel (which I surely did)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Well I'm sure in my case I got billed twice but I'll ring them later and see why that was.

I think they had some issues yesterday morning, I was charged twice also for a delivery, but It's sorted now and I still have my €3.50 credit, so it's definitely €3.50 per delivery regardless of which address you use.

I needed to say no more.

Not getting into an argument with you over something so trivial. Good luck with that kind of attitude. Do me a favour and put me on ignore. I'd rather not have you reply to my posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Tiernan1979

swampy353 wrote: »
    If you go to parcelmotel.com and pre register for the service that launches tomorrow you get 3 free drops at the parcel motel. Also it allows you to get items delivered to an address in the north for any sites that will only do uk delivery or have ridiculous postage charges outside the uk

Great service, I would recommend it to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hopefully we get some of these out in the west soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

edit??

just tried it there, My item was 15kg so we will see if it works out or will there be an extra charge

if it does then this will be great for amazon :) but not for the CC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

AdrianII wrote: »
    Can you get them to deliver an item to belfast them ship it on to you??

yes

two depots

one southern ireland one north

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

picked up my second parcel today - now to buy some credit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

If you order something through the Belfast address it will cost 2 trips(2x€3.50). They charge for each stay so arriving in Belfast counts as one stay and then arriving in your chosen location in Dublin counts as one. .
    No.
    Great contribution!
    I needed to say no more.
    Not getting into an argument with you over something so trivial. Good luck with that kind of attitude. Do me a favour and put me on ignore. I'd rather not have you reply to my posts.

I'm confused about where the "argument" and "attitude" is? All he did was explain his answer to you when you questioned his use of the word "no".

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

AdrianII wrote: »
    just tried it there, My item was 15kg so we will see if it works out or will there be an extra charge

if it does then this will be great for amazon :) but not for the CC

I asked their rep on Facebook about this (well, I actually originally asked a week ago via their webform, but got zero response) as I was ordering something that might be too big or heavy - often you won't know - for delivery to Belfast and then to Dublin.

Following my questions Orla replied that they have now clarified what will happen in the case of overweight/oversize parcels at https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/.

Looks like there's a trip to Finglas in your future! The 140 bus stops directly outside the Nightline depot if you need to use public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

nephster wrote: »
    I asked their rep on Facebook about this (well, I actually originally asked a week ago via their webform, but got zero response) as I was ordering something that might be too big or heavy - often you won't know - for delivery to Belfast and then to Dublin.

Following my questions Orla replied that they have now clarified what will happen in the case of overweight/oversize parcels at https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/.

Looks like there's a trip to Finglas in your future! The 140 bus stops directly outside the Nightline depot if you need to use public transport.

That works out great then if getting a TV from the UK. Only €10.50 extra delivery to wherever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

That works out great then if getting a TV from the UK. Only €10.50 extra delivery to wherever you want

Delivery to an alternative address-...

Under 25KGs ...
    A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.00 in total per parcel.

Over 25KGs ...
    A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge plus €7.00 per 10kgs or part thereof per parcel.

So for a 30KGs parcel = 10.50 + 3.50 + 7 + 7 + 7.

I think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mathie wrote: »
    So for a 30KGs parcel = 10.50 + 3.50 + 7 + 7 + 7.

I think?!

10kg not 1 :)

so one 7 charge

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The 140 bus stops directly outside the Nightline depot if you need to use public transport.

Good luck getting on a 140 bus carrying a brand new tv :D

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Just to elaborate.

€3.50 for using the parcel motel service
    €10.50 for delivering to your address
    €7 for the additional 10 kg.

Its not €7 per 10 kg, its €7 for each additional 10 kg over 25.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Good luck getting on a 140 bus carrying a brand new tv :D

There'll be people with heavier stuff on that particular bus. It's the IKEA route so you'll often see folk trying to get a flatpack wardrobe home on it :)

I saw someone in town carrying a 40" TV onto the bus last weekend and though to myself, wow, the weight of new TVs must have come down a fair bit. Looking it up, a 40" Sammy only weighs 13kg in its box. Between two of you its a doddle. My 37" Phillips from 2008 weighed 30kg in its packaging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

There'll be people with heavier stuff on that particular bus. It's the IKEA route so you'll often see folk trying to get a flatpack wardrobe home on it :)

I saw someone in town carrying a 40" TV onto the bus last weekend and though to myself, wow, the weight of new TVs must have come down a fair bit. Looking it up, a 40" Sammy only weighs 13kg in its box. Between two of you its a doddle. My 37" Phillips from 2008 weighed 30kg in its packaging!

The question is not the weight of the TV, the question is, will you still have it when you're getting off? :D

It's probably mentioned in the small print but something I hadn't copped. If you order something through the Belfast address it will cost 2 trips(2x€3.50). They charge for each stay so arriving in Belfast counts as one stay and then arriving in your chosen location in Dublin counts as one. Still a great saving but something to watch out for.

Also if reading Parcel Motel, you might need to adjust some of your maps. The Milltown Dundrum location is miles away from where the map states. I'd also class it as D.6 not D.14.

Anyway minor gripes and I'm still impressed with the speed of delivery and the general idea of it.

Confirmation from Orla it's a single billing if coming in to Belfast. Checked my account and can see I received a credit the day after being billed twice so that ties into someone metioning they had some billing issue that was fixed.

So got my oversize parcel today...
    Ordered items from UK retailer Thursday morning.
    Dispatched on Thursday afternoon.
    Orla from Parcel Motel rang Friday PM to say had arrived in Belfast and could be overnighted to Finglas.
    Collected from Finglas depot Saturday AM.
    Very, very happy with this service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thats brilliant so can you use it for e bay uk I wonder????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

bewhiched wrote: »
    Thats brilliant so can you use it for e bay uk I wonder????

Yes even with your Irish eBay account just add another address with the parcel motel uk address you can even change the country to UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

So happy with this service just had to comment again.
    Bought something on eBay on Tuesday, seller shipped same day (to Parcel Motel UK address), got text from parcel motel Friday morning and collected same day. I've ordered stuff from UK before and it usually takes longer to get to me if it was sent to my Irish Address directly....
    Stating the obvious; but if you want to buy stuff from eBay in uk go to eBay.co.uk because if you go to eBay.ie it will only show uk items that ship to Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

It's a pity there aren't more locations. I am in the Ranelagh/Rathmines area and not driving. Have they any plans for more locations ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Piliger wrote: »
    It's a pity there aren't more locations. I am in the Ranelagh/Rathmines area and not driving. Have they any plans for more locations ?
    Pity about ya. :)

I'm in Tipperary and would love if there was one within 30 minutes drive of me, never mind walking distance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement