Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Used parcel motel for the first time. Its a great service and a great idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

UsedToWait wrote: »
    ...Anyone tested the limits of the 48hr thing yet?
    Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Your parcel doesn't get 'lifted' when the 48hr window expires. You just get charged another €3.50. Its €3.50 per 48hr period so if you don't collect within 48hrs of delivery notification you will just be charged another €3.50.

So your looking at €10.50 for your 2 parcels if you don't get there by 7am. The usual €7.00 for the 2 if you do. But don't worry, both will be there.

Thanks - I'd already got a PM from Orla to say she'd ensure the Parcel would still be there.. collected them this morning.

Have to say once again what a fantastic job Orla does & what a great service PM provide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Started using them last week and was very impressed. Only complaint was the vile smell at Lissenhall while keying in my details. The first time I called there I thought it was a once off but a few evenings later it was even worse. Like something rotting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

just ordered my new car radio and used the northern address, cant wait to see how we go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Absolutely faultless service and a great idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

just had an item removed from a parcel motel as I couldn't get to the drop off over the weekend. What happens here?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Signed up to Parcel Motel, got to say this is a genius idea. it really is.

Quick question tho, how long does it take to get from Northern Ireland to Co. Kildare?

and also, food for thought:
    Parcel motel for the USA??
    let be honest we'd all rather be saving by splashing on items in Dollars rather than Sterling
    plus a huger market of U.S. prices just cannot be beaten, especially on the likes Amazon!

I'd love a service that didn't take 3-4 weeks to deliver....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ckeogh wrote: »
    Signed up to Parcel Motel, got to say this is a genius idea. it really is.

Quick question tho, how long does it take to get from Northern Ireland to Co. Kildare?

and also, food for thought:
    Parcel motel for the USA??
    let be honest we'd all rather be saving by splashing on items in Dollars rather than Sterling
    plus a huger market of U.S. prices just cannot be beaten, especially on the likes Amazon!

I'd love a service that didn't take 3-4 weeks to deliver....

The big savings in America are due to low or no sales tax. Import duty and VAT will eliminate most savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

The big savings in America are due to low or no sales tax. Import duty and VAT will eliminate most savings.

absolutely devastated.

so much I want to get from over there, and trying to get family over there to send things sooner rather than later is a nightmare.

any idea on the time it takes for the northern PM to deliver to Kildare??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Hi folks,

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I'm trying to order goods from tesco direct and am having problems putting in address is there any way around this ?? It does not recognise postcode bt36 4px.

I was having similar problems with asda direct too but that's another story:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

missjm wrote: »
    Started using them last week and was very impressed. Only complaint was the vile smell at Lissenhall while keying in my details. The first time I called there I thought it was a once off but a few evenings later it was even worse. Like something rotting :(

I've collected at this stage 100s from this depot and have never experienced this

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

First collection in Cork today for myself,great service,now to order somthing a bit more
    Expensive !!!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

missjm wrote: »
    Someone has ordered body parts and has failed to collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Qwerty Dub wrote: »

Your parcel doesn't get 'lifted' when the 48hr window expires. You just get charged another €3.50. Its €3.50 per 48hr period so if you don't collect within 48hrs of delivery notification you will just be charged another €3.50.

So your looking at €10.50 for your 2 parcels if you don't get there by 7am. The usual €7.00 for the 2 if you do. But don't worry, both will be there.
    Not true. They take it out after 48 hours. They then contact you to see what you want to do, return package to the motel, pick it up, or get it home delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Got a text yesterday morning saying parcel was there. Got one this morning saying it was removed as not collected.I thought we had 48 hours? If there a non lowcall number we can ring? As I have free calls to land lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jsbj

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Free pickup from Finglas (or other depot) or 10.50 to get it delivered to your door.

Thats on top of your 3.50

If I could just query this please. I received a notification to collect my oversize parcel in Finglas. All fine, except I live in Cork. No idea why the parcel is oversize, obviously down to the way the seller packaged it. However when I rang the Cork depot I was quoted 14.50 for home delivery or 3.50 if I collect it myself. This is on top of the first 3.50 debited from my account when the package first arrived.

It cannot be overweight, it can only be the dimensions of the box the original box is packed into.

I will collect tonight so I suppose it will be clearer then, however this is certainly what they are telling people by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

jsbj wrote: »
    If I could just query this please. I received a notification to collect my oversize parcel in Finglas. All fine, except I live in Cork. No idea why the parcel is oversize, obviously down to the way the seller packaged it. However when I rang the Cork depot I was quoted 14.50 for home delivery or 3.50 if I collect it myself. This is on top of the first 3.50 debited from my account when the package first arrived.

It cannot be overweight, it can only be the dimensions of the box the original box is packed into.

I will collect tonight so I suppose it will be clearer then, however this is certainly what they are telling people by phone.

Same happened to me... I was told it depends on the size of the box... REGARDLESS if the weight of the box is only 2 kg's the size is a factor in calculating the weight of the box... There is a formula some where on the parcel motel site which calculates this... This is my understanding of it anyways...I may be wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Parcel Motel is in Cork!!! Why didn't anyone tell me!!! 3 packages en route!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Same happened to me... I was told it depends on the size of the box... REGARDLESS if the weight of the box is only 2 kg's the size is a factor in calculating the weight of the box... There is a formula some where on the parcel motel site which calculates this... This is my understanding of it anyways...I may be wrong!!!

Yep thats it, it depends on your dimensional weight.

You need to be very careful if getting something big and/or heavy as the cost can get very high very quickly and to be fair thats not what the service is for.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Yep thats it, it depends on your dimensional weight.

You need to be very careful if getting something big and/or heavy as the cost can get very high very quickly and to be fair thats not what the service is for.

I don't mind and fully understand the dimension issue. It is just that others have said delivery to the local depot for collection is free or 10.50 for home delivery. However I'm being told it is another 3.50 for depot delivery (7 in total) or 14.50 for home delivery. I was just wondering which it is.

Still a fantastic service, just a query I have, which of course will be clear when I go to collect at the depot tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Got a text yesterday morning saying parcel was there. Got one this morning saying it was removed as not collected.I thought we had 48 hours? If there a non lowcall number we can ring? As I have free calls to land lines.

Please PM me your PMID and I will investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

jsbj wrote: »

Sorry, there may have been a miscommunication here, we only charge you €3.50 once if you wish to collect it from the Cork depot. It is the equivalent of one stay, regardless of which of our depots you collect from. If you PM me your PMID I will make sure that you've only been charged €3.50 once.
    Thanks.

Hi Orla, thanks for responding, I was not complaining just wondering what the actual proceess will be.

As it happens, my parcel was not in the depot when I sent my other half to collect it. A little bit of confusion seems to have occurred, two packages arrived together for me. I got two notifications. One with a pin, the other the oversized package which I telephoned about. I collected the first package on Friday last and was told the other package would be available in the depot today. It is not there in Cork this evening and the girl in the depot first tried to tell my husband it was in the motel. Luckily they rang me and I pointed out that I had no pin number to collect it from there so why the notification of an oversize parcel.

I think (hope!!) they have now established that the parcel is still in Dublin and did not come to Cork on Friday. I am to go back tomorrow to collect it.

Teething problems I'm sure, they will resolve themselves. An awful time of the year for the staff to learn the process.

I will pm you in the event they charge me, but so long as I know for sure my understanding of the system is right, I am happy. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Orla,

Was in the Sligo 24 Hour Service Station there about an hour ago, and had to circle the place to find the Parcel Motel.

No advertisement anywhere in store, no leaflets on counter, no sticker on the door.. nothing!

Surely a bit of advertisement wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Has anyone had any problems selecting their delivery place? I joined up a few weeks ago and Longford wasn't on the list yet, when it was I chose it as my pick up spot. When I ordered something I double checked and it hadn't saved Longford as my pick up so i did it again. Now I got an email to say my parcel is in Dublin, it never saved!! Emailed PM there so hopefully they can sort it.

• Are you using Chrome? When I was trying to change my pick up spot it kept filling in the password field and causing the change not to be saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

do you write your name on the parcel and then the delivery address for sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

kerash wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems selecting their delivery place? I joined up a few weeks ago and Longford wasn't on the list yet, when it was I chose it as my pick up spot. When I ordered something I double checked and it hadn't saved Longford as my pick up so i did it again. Now I got an email to say my parcel is in Dublin, it never saved!! Emailed PM there so hopefully they can sort it.

Happened me too. Ordered something for someone and was 100% sure I had changed my PM location to Browns Barn on the N7 so the person could collect themselves. Got a text to say it was in my usual PM location. Not sure what happened. I was using Chrome too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Big thumbs up to parcel motel. Collected little lads pad at the weekend in finglas from amazon with free delivery to uk. Great service.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Are you using Chrome? When I was trying to change my pick up spot it kept filling in the password field and causing the change not to be saved.

Yes I am. That's what i've figured happened, it's definitely saved now tho. Stupid chrome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement