Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• juneg wrote: »
    do you write your name on the parcel and then the delivery address for sellers?
    Can you explain what you mean please? For example if you're buying from a eBay seller who will only ship to the UK you use the Parcel Motel address in Newtonabbey, Antrim (the full address should be on the email you got when you registered with Parcel Motel) along with your name and your PMID. You fill the address, your name and PMID into the eBay addresses section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Can you explain what you mean please? For example if you're buying from a eBay seller who will only ship to the UK you use the Parcel Motel address in Newtonabbey, Antrim (the full address should be on the email you got when you registered with Parcel Motel) along with your name and your PMID. You fill the address, your name and PMID into the eBay addresses section.
    Thanks for replying

Yes I have that address. I was wondering do I write my own name too. Like does it arrive as
    Josephine Bloggs
    parcel motel
    etc

• Yes and unless the name matches the PMID then Parcel Motel will have trouble with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Yes and unless the name matches the PMID then Parcel Motel will have trouble with it.

thats what I thought but I wanted to be sure, thanks again:)

• You're welcome. Just to clarify it should look like this:

Your Name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel,
    etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 siavopho

Signed up for Parcel motel last week (10th dec) and ordered something from the UK which was dispatched on the 11th.

Is anyone else having delays with stuff from the UK or could the delay be on ParcelMotel's side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Brilliant service, iv'e been getting Amazon super saver delivery from their uk site and then delivered via parcel motel, its class!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

siavopho wrote: »
    Signed up for Parcel motel last week (10th dec) and ordered something from the UK which was dispatched on the 11th.

Is anyone else having delays with stuff from the UK or could the delay be on ParcelMotel's side?

When the item is received by Parcel Motel and checked in you will see a debit on your account balance for €3.50. Then you know PM have it. If there is a delay then you can put it down to Parcel Motel but if you haven't been charged by Parcel Motel then they have not received your package yet and the delay is not down to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vlman

Ive had 4 orders through Parcel Motel and three have delivered. The first which was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 27th of November has vanished!. Th UK courier shows it as delivered and have a signature of it being accepted, but Parcel Motel are denying they ever got it!. I cant get any satisfaction with one blaming the other and this is a vital Santa present. Anyone else had a similar experience / advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

vlman wrote: »
    Ive had 4 orders through Parcel Motel and three have delivered. The first which was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 27th of November has vanished!. Th UK courier shows it as delivered and have a signature of it being accepted, but Parcel Motel are denying they ever got it!. I cant get any satisfaction with one blaming the other and this is a vital Santa present. Anyone else had a similar experience / advice?

No but Orla is usually very helpful in this situation.

• Advertisement

Who is Orla?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Please PM me your PMID and I will find out what happened. Thanks.

Thanks Orla - PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Package from the states delivered today via Antrim. The company was set up for vat in all EU countries so shipped duty paid, UK vat and shipping was cheaper than shipping direct to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

hi

i am a regular parcel motel user, have picked up at least one item a week since it started and have had no complaints till now

first off i had a package delivered last wednesday to antrim and never received any notification- this has now been sorted but has been very frustrating

the other thing was i ordered something from a irish retailer and it was shipped via nightline and it was tracked, i received notification from nightline that it was received early today but my parcel motel account has not been debited.

i was wondering does anyone know what i should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Got a text yesterday morning saying parcel was there. Got one this morning saying it was removed as not collected.I thought we had 48 hours? If there a non lowcall number we can ring? As I have free calls to land lines.

Thanks Orla for sorting this for me, collected it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Needed to get 2 Tablets delivered from a seller on Amazon before Christmas and they would not have arrived in time getting sent to my house. I ordered Sunday using PM and they are now ready to be collected in the locker down the road from me, outstanding service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

if i need to get an oversized item delivered i.e €14 charge, can this be taken from my parcelmotel balance or do you have to pay separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

ene wrote: »
    hi

i am a regular parcel motel user, have picked up at least one item a week since it started and have had no complaints till now

first off i had a package delivered last wednesday to antrim and never received any notification- this has now been sorted but has been very frustrating

the other thing was i ordered something from a irish retailer and it was shipped via nightline and it was tracked, i received notification from nightline that it was received early today but my parcel motel account has not been debited.

There was a problem with notifications being sent one of the days last week which was probably what your problem was then, as for your other package did you use a pm address or your home address? Whilst its the same company nightline also delivery in a separate entity to parcel motel

Hi Orla,

Have you been able to find anything out for me?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

orla, how strict is the 48hr, i got the email yesterday at 6:19, i wont get to the motel til 7, will i need to pay again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

tinner777 wrote: »
    orla, how strict is the 48hr, i got the email yesterday at 6:19, i wont get to the motel til 7, will i need to pay again?
    I would like to know also.

How can I extend my parcels stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Used the service for the first time .
    Ordered something from Amazon.de and got it shipped to Belfast. Saved 4% on the VAT rate not changing to 23%
    Package arrived in Belfast on Monday and I got a text yesterday morning at 7 a.m to say it was in a locker.
    Picked it up today as was unsure what would happen if I didn't pick it up before 7 a.m tomorrow.

Similar question to the previous posts
    If I hadn't picked it up today, does it just get charged another €3.50 for 2 more days?

fantastic service

ene wrote: »
    hi

Please PM me the Nightline tracking no. and I will check it for you.

Hi Orla,

Have you been able to find anything out for me?

Thanks

Found it, sent you an email. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Got an email from Fastway saying there's a crimbo present there for me.. Orla please say its not another mug n t shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

If you change your payment type to PAYG but you still have some credit balance so they use this up before charging your card

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Got an email from Fastway saying there's a crimbo present there for me.. Orla please say its not another mug n t shirt

Not sure what Fastway are sending you, but Nightline Parcel Motel may have sent you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Not sure what Fastway are sending you, but Nightline Parcel Motel may have sent you something.

Sorry lol. Ye night line. So orla.. Another mug?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I never get anything free from Parcel Motel. :_-(.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement