Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• What about the two free stays? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Achilles wrote: »
    I never get anything free from Parcel Motel. :_-(.

I get on average 4 parcels a day since it opened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

blahblah06 wrote: »

Not for free though surely. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Achilles wrote: »
    I never get anything free from Parcel Motel. :_-(.

Did you enter on facebook?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Did you enter on facebook?

Enter what? The competition for a PS3 and Xbox when they first launched? I did aye...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I used Parcel Motel for the first time yesterday and in the process saved £22 on P&P.
    Fantastic service!

Merry Christmas Orla and to all Parcel Motel.

5b229164_xmas11-merry-christmas-xmas-christmas-smiley-emoticon-000331-large.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bu33les

blahblah06 wrote: »

What do you be ordering??

I haven't had a reason to sign up yet even.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

just wanted to add my thanks for this service. Great idea and I've passed the info onto others. When they found out, it was like Christmas came early. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

I'm using Parcel Motel for first time with Amazon.co.uk
    Parcel Motel website says name and address should be like this:
    Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

But Amazon doesn't have anywhere to put the PMID - is it okay to put my name & PMID on the one line? Thanks!

franer1970 wrote: »
    is it okay to put my name & PMID on the one line? Thanks!

Yes.

• Advertisement

• franer1970 wrote: »
    Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

But Amazon doesn't have anywhere to put the PMID - is it okay to put my name & PMID on the one line? Thanks!

I have my PMID on "Address Line 1" and "Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road" on "Address Line 2".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

franer1970 wrote: »
    Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Amazon-Addresses(2).jpg

Picked up my first parcel yesterday - excellent idea and was flawless!

Bu33les wrote: »
    What do you be ordering??

I haven't had a reason to sign up yet even.

Ah it's part of my work.
    Loads of random things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Ordered a camera today and paid £35 shipping, found out about parcel motel in Letterkenny 5 minutes later, got back to the computer and the item was shipped. Feck. Will use it next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Ordered my first parcel last week.. It came in from the North very quickly, but the (brand new) ParcelMotel I had chosen was down that day.

I wasn't aware of this, but they called me to let me know and to check if I wanted to wait or have it sent to one of the other 2 parcelmotels in Galway (without adding any delay). Since I wasn't in a hurry and I try to avoid the city center traffic I decided to wait a day and get it on my chosen one which is on my work route.

The next evening it was still down and they offered me a free delivery to my work address. I was only debited the normal 3.50 free from my free signup credit for everything. The parcel arrived the next morning.

So, I'm very happy with the experience and with the way they deal with any issues along the way, I'm impressed with the way it was handled. I'll definitely use the service a lot more in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 siavopho

The company who sent my packet have said it was delivered and signed for on 17th December.

But I haven't heard anything from ParceMotel.

What do I do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Thanks for the chocolates

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Very good idea ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 107 ✭✭big_joe_joyce

i dont understand how this works exactly

how will the company i buy an item off , know to contact parcel motel , , how will parcel motel know how to contact them , do i still pay normal delivery to the company i am buying the item off

• Advertisement

if i ordered something from the uk tonite , would parcel motel have it at one of their location pick up points by christmas eve ?

how is that possible if royal mail cant deliver to ireland that quick , even with swift post

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i dont understand how this works exactly

how will the company i buy an item off , know to contact parcel motel , , how will parcel motel know how to contact them , do i still pay normal delivery to the company i am buying the item off

Why are they contacting them?

You buy, send to Nightline depot, nightline place in your local motel and then you collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

if i ordered something from the uk tonite , would parcel motel have it at one of their location pick up points by christmas eve ?

how is that possible if royal mail cant deliver to ireland that quick , even with swift post
    To be assured of pre Christmas delivery, your items will need to be received by Parcel Motel by 12 NOON on SATURDAY 22nd DECEMBER. This applies to both our receiving centres in Antrim and Finglas.

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/christmas-delivery-schedule/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

everyone cross your fingers please, I've two xmas presents that I NEED to show up in parcel motel antrim tomorrow!!!

Davy wrote: »

yeah thanks , unfortunatley the company in england i wanted to order an item from , require three to five working days for deliver within the uk so the antrim adress at parcel motel is not enough to save my late arse

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

Hi does anyone know the last day for parcel motel deilverys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭big_drive

Just going signing up for this in Cork. Old Mallow road will be my location. Great idea and look forward to using it a lot!

Just one question, i've seen people mention collecting from depot in Cork in relation to larger oversize items. Where in Cork is this located?

A lot of my purchases will be golf related as this is my main hobby. There would be big savings for me on postage when buying clubs if i can use the Northern Ireland address as obviously these would be oversize items. So for example if i buy golf clubs from ebay UK and get them sent to the NI address, i can get them sent down to the Cork depot and collect them there directly? And would the cost be still just €3.50 as i'm collecting them directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Orla, if you are online today can you answer a Q for me please.

I have a parcel showing as having been delivered this morning to your depot in Antrim on the initial couriers tracking system.

How long will this take to show up on the Parcelmotel/Nightline System and when can I expect to be able to collect it from PM site in Galway?

TIA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

iPhone. wrote: »
    Orla, if you are online today can you answer a Q for me please.

I have a parcel showing as having been delivered this morning to your depot in Antrim on the initial couriers tracking system.

How long will this take to show up on the Parcelmotel/Nightline System and when can I expect to be able to collect it from PM site in Galway?

TIA!

They sent this email out last week. Should give you a general idea.

"Our schedule – important information and dates to note BEFORE Christmas Day

Items received on Saturday 22nd December will reach your selected Parcel Motel by 7AM on Monday 24th December

Items received at either of our receiving centres on Monday 24th December will reach your selected Parcel Motel by 7AM on Friday 28th December.

Oversized items received on 24th December will be available for collection at our Dublin depot on Thursday 27th December.

Our schedule – important information and dates to note AFTER Christmas Day

Items received on Thursday 27th December will reach your selected Parcel Motel by 7AM on Friday 28th. December.

Items received on Friday 28th will reach your selected Parcel Motel by 7AM on Saturday 29th December

Items received at either of our receiving centres by 12 Noon on Saturday 29th December will reach your selected Parcel Motel by 7AM on Monday 31st December

Items received on Monday 31st December will reach your selected Parcel Mo­tel by 7AM on Thursday 3rd January 2013"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement