Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks Mezcita, that email refers to the weekend period beginning tomorrow morning etc.

It doesn't really say anything about an item received before that, for example my item is there now on Friday morning, I am wondering will it be delivered to PM Galway tonight or tomorrow Saturday for example or do I have to wait until Monday also.

Hope that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

iPhone. wrote: »
    Thanks Mezcita, that email refers to the weekend period beginning tomorrow morning etc.

It doesn't really say anything about an item received before that, for example my item is there now on Friday morning, I am wondering will it be delivered to PM Galway tonight or tomorrow Saturday for example or do I have to wait until Monday also.

Hope that makes sense!

I find if your PM account is ever debited your parcel will get to your location by 7am the next morning @ the latest if not before. (Based on my own experience). Most of my texts to collect something have come between 9pm & 11pm in the evenings so you could get lucky today.

Thanks Qwerty_Dub,

That sounds good, (account not debited yet) but I reckon going by that, it should be delivered from Antrim to Galway tonight then and ready for collection over the weekend, nice one!

Just wondering also, as there seems to be a lot of confusion over the 48 hour time limit thing too, when does it start, end etc...

Would it be possible to regularise it in some way so that for example, Parcel Motel could say, regardless of what time on any given day your parcel arrives and regardless of when you receive your notification text, that they will keep your pacel in the box for 48 hours from midnight (or whatever time fits in with them for delivery logistics) on the day you receive the text.

At least that way there would be no confusion as to will it or won't it be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you get to know the rough time parcels are delivered. its obviously when the truck arrives two days later. for me its around 1.30/2am

One of the xmas packages was dropped off last night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I ordered from microdirect today and I just got my shipping confirmation from DPD saying it will be delivered on the 24th. For some reason MicroDirect shipped it with the wrong name, my PM ID is correct, so will PM still accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

They'll accept delivery but they won't send it on to you. PM ID has to match the name. Better contact parcel motel, pm to orla should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sharp wrote: »
    For those people who like me only got two free Deliveries.

How to get a third for free.

To get you started, Online Shopping Ireland have a special offer for you. Normally, your first 2 visits to the Parcel Motel are free … but we’ve negotiated a 3rd FREE visit after you register. Just register, then email your Parcel Motel ID with the code PARMX1214 to promotions@parcelmotel.com and credit for a 3rd stay will be added to your account.

Ref site.
    http://www.online-shopping-ireland.com/special-offer-parcel-motel/
    Is this still active Orla? Girlfriend just registered.. and wouldn't mind the extra stay..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

does anyone know if orla will be on over the weekend, already sent a pm a few minutes ago and a message on parcelmotel.com. kinda need to get it sorted quick enough because i received an email saying my package has been delivered to the wrong location as a result of my own stupidity(thought i had saved the changes to the delivery location) and would like to get it sorted as soon as possible.

Item arrived in antrim at 11am yesterday morning but no contact yet from parcel motel other than €3.50 debited.

Got my pmid when i signed up on 2nd of december but it also said it would be posted to me, never received it, did anyone else get theirs via post yet?

Also on the day I signed up, received a text with a four digit `mobile verification code` what do I do with that? No instructions with text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Got my pmid when i signed up on 2nd of december but it also said it would be posted to me, never received it, did anyone else get theirs via post yet?

I got my card (plastic card with PMID, name, and other details on it) after registration with PM but I registered 6 months before. However my friend who registered recently (may be in November) got nothing.
    Also on the day I signed up, received a text with a four digit `mobile verification code` what do I do with that? No instructions with text.

The 4 digit code is for verification of your mobile number. Verify your mobile number online on PM website with that code.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

picked up my parcel this morning really is a genius system.... love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

has anyone received an item that was too big?

I ordered something from the UK to take advantage of the free delivery.

Anyway when my parcel was taken in at Antrim my account was debited by €7.00, I thought it was €3.50 per item?

Anyway I waited a few days, nothing!!!!

It was sitting in finglas waiting for me but not even a text or a call to say its there.

Rang yesterday and they said they will deliver it to me, I said cool, she then says that'll be €24.50, even though I saw on the site it will only cost €10.50 if it needs to be delivered??

So all in all I had to top up my account to €31.50 for them to deliver which they said today and it still hasn't come.

Funny thing is the item to be shipped to Ireland only cost €20.

I don't think i'll be using this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

oph0rec0 dont give up,im sure if orla who deals with things in here,sees ur post,she will sort it out,i hope speaking of orla they give her time off for good behaviour for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Its cool, ACME had anvils on sale and I couldn't resist.

I found some new info ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Oversized stuff is explained here:
    https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/
    Looks like you probably got charged by dimensional weight.
    Maybe the €7 you already paid should come of the total price, but that's hard to tell without knowing the size/weight of the package.
    Sometimes I still pay extra to get stuff to my home if I think it will be too heavy/big for parcel motel.
    That said; parcel motel is a great service and it's your own fault for getting these charges, all is explained on the website. Definately not a reason for not using them.
    I wouldn't be happy about the fact you got no notification, maybe a PM rep can explain...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Another package this morning, one more Xmas package in transift, too much wishful thinking that it would have reached PM Antrim this morning to come down monday? FINGERS CROSSED!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭big_drive

Am i correct in saying that if a parcel is too big or oversize that you don't get charged extra if you collect from the depot? The cost is still €3.50, is that correct or am I taking it up wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I've just tried to collect a parcel from the Autobahn but the door is stuck. The machine told me to ring a number informing you of the problem but I get a message saying the inbox is full. What should I do next? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

eoing1 wrote: »
    I've just tried to collect a parcel from the Autobahn but the door is stuck. The machine told me to ring a number informing you of the problem but I get a message saying the inbox is full. What should I do next? :confused:

PM me your PMID and I will investigate for you. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

PM me your PMID and I will investigate for you. Thanks.
    Crowbar?

No?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just want to add another thanks to ParcelMotel - The last 2 things I bought from England took 8 & 10 days to be delivered to my house..

This evening I collected a parcel in my ParcelMotel which was shipped on Friday - next day service for €3.50 - pretty amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭rameire

I got a text this morning saying the parcel is at its location.
    I find this strange as it is a sunday and the christmas deliveries say it would be there tomorrow.
    I havnt travelled to the motel yet.
    has anybody else received a text this morning and gone to the motel and their parcel is there?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    I got a text this morning saying the parcel is at its location.
    I find this strange as it is a sunday and the christmas deliveries say it would be there tomorrow.
    I havnt travelled to the motel yet.
    has anybody else received a text this morning and gone to the motel and their parcel is there?

As far as I know, the email and text are only sent when your parcel is in the motel itself - I got an email last night at 11 to say mine had arrived - headed on over had it picked up before 12

cheers, maybe because it was delivered so late last night they only sent the text this morning.

Yeah they don't text you before 7am - if you check your emails, there'll be one from them from last night when it was delivered

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Yeah they don't text you before 7am - if you check your emails, there'll be one from them from last night when it was delivered

cheers, I never setup for the emails, so I dont get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I got my text saying the parcel was in the motel this morning. I collected it at 11am. Excellent service. A big +1 for Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

sweet service!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

Hi, this may have been posted already but it's best not to leave the Parcel Motel address as your default address with an online company.

I ordered a few things online and set the Parcel Motel address as the default address. All was well, (thanks Parcel Motel) but the company then posted me a leaflet about a sale they have. Of course it was sent to the Parcel Motel address and delivered and I was charged €3.50 for a stay!

I have changed the address so it can't happen again but my credit was eaten up for a tiny leaflet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement