Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Could you not leave your Parcel Motel balance at zero and make sure your payment method isn't PAYG? So anything unsolicited will get rejected. When you go to buy something and use the service you could then add credit or change the payment method to PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Great service PM!

Only difficulty I had was with the number 8 on the keypad, it needs calibrating badly.

Keep up the great work guys, looking forward to the outgoing service in the new year too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I must say the screen needs proper calibration as it is quite difficult to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Aim slightly below the numbers, it's the angle the glass is at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

All it needs is some overlay on the screen of the button outlines, it is a pain in the arse as it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Amazon: Estimated delivery date Dec 24th.

I got a text this morning saying my parcel was in the motel. I will echo the criticisms regarding touchscreen calibration, but otherwise it is a wonderful service and about the best value since the Supermacs euro saver deal. 3.50 for this kind of service is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I must say the screen needs proper calibration as it is quite difficult to use.

It's a huige screen with very little on it - I don't know why they simply don't use oversized buttons.

But, I've no real issue with it - Bank ATMs are worse for aligning money to button selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It's a huige screen with very little on it - I don't know why they simply don't use oversized buttons.
    Agree with this. It is very manageable but could be a bit more user friendly. Tons of space for a bigger keypad.

Great service though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Yeah they don't text you before 7am - if you check your emails, there'll be one from them from last night when it was delivered

When are the 48 hours per stay up? From when the item is delivered or from when the text message is sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Crowbar?

Had a look in tesco's, don't seem to do crowbars, I did find a nice little angle grinder for €29.99 though.:)
    Sure I'd say Santa has a wide variety of tools for occasions such as these!
    No need to panic, its only Christmas eve, plenty of time :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dunno if its already been mentioned, but Next.co.uk won't let you enter your ID number as part of the delivery address, they seem to have copped onto it.

• Try spelling your PMID in letters not numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Try spelling your PMID in letters not numbers.
    will that be recognized by PM?

• Well it's what Orla told me to do with Tesco Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

It looks like I'll have to bring my parents down to the parcel motel in the autobahn tomorrow and let them key in the code. When the door doesn't open I'll tell them theres something really nice on the other side but you'll have to wait as the mechanism is broken. :( Thank god its in the forcourt of a petrol station , at least I can buy them something decent from the shop
    Sound !!!!!!! Orla got it sorted . Thanks a mill for your help :):):):)
    Happy days , happy christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

Just got a text and collected my parcel- was expecting it to arrive next Friday, due to the christmas times. It had arrived in Belfast with the initial courier on Saturday 6am, but they left it sitting in the depot for 2 days. It eventually got to parcel motel today, in Newtownabbey and I got it tonight at 9pm! It's a very happy Christmas here!

It's my third time using parcel motel and its a great service.

Thanks parcel motel!🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Has anyone ordered an oversized item like a 42" tv using the service ?
    The website indicates that the item will be delivered to any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland for an extra 10.50 if under 35kg weight which seems very reasonable .
    Is this the case in reality ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    The website indicates that the item will be delivered to any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland for an extra 10.50 if under 35kg weight which seems very reasonable .

Not if your me and your item goes missing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

DONT order a TV through it as it'll be calculated on Dimensional Weight (ie: size rather than weight). It'll cost a small fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Basq wrote: »
    Is this still active Orla? Girlfriend just registered.. and wouldn't mind the extra stay..

thanks Basq - worked for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Anyone know where I can find my PMID on the Parcel Motel website?

I can't find the card that was sent via post to me :o

First time using this...

Moyglish wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find my PMID on the Parcel Motel website?

I can't find the card that was sent via post to me :o

First time using this...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

big_drive wrote: »
    Where in Cork is this located?
    Little Island afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭big_drive

Little Island afaik

Great. So if I order an oversize item and I collect it directly from little island I don't incur any extra costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

big_drive wrote: »
    Great. So if I order an oversize item and I collect it directly from little island I don't incur any extra costs?

Sorry don't see where the original question was, but is this about pickup of an oversized parcel? FYI the PM website only refers to free oversize collection from their Dublin depot (not sure, but think there is a charge to have it forwarded to another one)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

i read amazon delivers free to ireland over 25 pounds buy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

i read amazon delivers free to ireland over 25 pounds buy

They do, however not all items can be delivered to Ireland (for example kindle) unless you use services like parcel motel.

Also many third party sellers on Amazon either don't deliver to Ireland or do but at much higher delivery costs, so again this is where parcel motel comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Been using the service now for a month or two. It's excellent. Even got a message on Christmas eve around 8.45pm that my parcel had arrived at its collection point. Very impressed. thanks to all at PM thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Zardoz wrote: »

We measured a Panasonic 42" HD TV in its box. It worked out as 118 x 70 x 14 cm which means the dimensional weight is 38.54 kgs. The price to collect this at the depot would be €7.00 or to have it delivered would be €21.00. The box sizes for other makes may vary but that should give you an idea of the price. For more info on our prices please visit www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement