Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Picked up my oversized package this morning from Finglas,very happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ORLA any joy finding my package???

The one that went missing last week?

Aodhan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pj! wrote: »
    When are the 48 hours per stay up? From when the item is delivered or from when the text message is sent?

Hi Orla could I get an answer to this please? Don't see anything about it on the site. Apologies if I have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Hi Orla, i ordered big Tv and it arrived to Parcel Hotel location in NI on Monday 24th (signed by S holden) but i still have no notification or balance taken out from my account as of today. Could this be missing? The package is huge and according my calculations is about 75kg of dimensional weight. Any chance you can track it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

We measured a Panasonic 42" HD TV in its box. It worked out as 118 x 70 x 14 cm which means the dimensional weight is 38.54 kgs. The price to collect this at the depot would be €7.00 or to have it delivered would be €21.00. The box sizes for other makes may vary but that should give you an idea of the price. For more info on our prices please visit www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/

Orla, have Parcel Motel considered offering an optional insurance add-on for items such as the above? If that facility were in place, I could certainly see myself availing of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭zeromemory

Hi Orla,

Do you mind having a look for a parcel. It was delivered to PM on the 24th at Newtown Abbey. Still haven't got any text or email to say its in. I'll PM my ID to you now.

Thanks a mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

happy new year to all at parcel motel!
    7 items ordered and 7 items delivered,very efficiently i might add. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tpx111

If my parcel arrived this morning (Saturday) does that mean that the two days to collect are counted as today and Sunday? Or is it two working days, i.e today and Monday?

tpx111 wrote: »
    If my parcel arrived this morning (Saturday) does that mean that the two days to collect are counted as today and Sunday? Or is it two working days, i.e today and Monday?

48 hrs from when you get the text/email/ notification

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dell-inspiron-15z-15-6-ultrabook-new-model-core-i7-3517u-3-0ghz-3rd-gen-6gb-ram-1425767

Looking to buy this but need a UK address
    Can someone walk me through the process as its my first time using you guys.

Thanks a lot
    Awaiting response

Use this address when shopping on sites that delivery to the UK only or offer free UK Delivery:

xxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE
    DO i just enter the address below? And why is it been sent to Antrim? I am in Dundalk and do i pay something? THanks again

When i tried to put in that address there wasnt enough room:
    Name
    ID
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE
    UNITED KINGDOM

• Advertisement

Affluenza wrote: »
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dell-inspiron-15z-15-6-ultrabook-new-model-core-i7-3517u-3-0ghz-3rd-gen-6gb-ram-1425767

Thanks a lot
    Awaiting response

Use this address when shopping on sites that delivery to the UK only or offer free UK Delivery:

xxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

DO i just enter the address below? And why is it been sent to Antrim? I am in Dundalk and do i pay something? THanks again

buy it and when your asked for an address put in the one parcel motel gave you.the above one with your pmid.
    when you registered you should have picked a location near you in dundalk that has a parcel motel.the item is delivered to antrim then to the parcel motel in dundalk.then you get a text or an email saying your item is ready for collection.
    its delivered to antrim because the place your getting it from i presume dont do deliveries to the roi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thanks a lot
    Awaiting response

xxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Yes, you might have to put your name and PM ID number on the same line of the address as there mightn't be enough addresses.

As far as Dell are concerned they are delivering it to the UK that's why it goes to the north. Parcel Motel will then move it from there to your local pick up point.

Bear in mind under the PM T&C's goods are covered up to €100 only so you might be out of pocket if the worst happened. I used it for expensive stuff myself and never had a problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Thanks a lot
    Awaiting response

xxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

When i tried to put in that address there wasnt enough room:
    Name
    ID
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Have you registered in Parcel Motel? If yes, your address and the nearest PM locations (from where you can collect your delivery) should have been provided during the registration.

So, while buying things that needs to be delivered to UK (either the seller offers free delivery to UK or the seller offers delivery only to UK, being the reason), you enter your Name (Name should match the name used in registration with PM), and your PMID in the first and second line of the delivery address. So it should look like this:
    NAME
    PMID
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE.

Even if you enter the above address which is of UK you would get the delivery to your chosen PM locations. A charge of €3.5 is levied for this service. However, the first two deliveries are offered free of cost as a promotional offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Quick question, most times I use Parcel Motel I get a message about half ten at night, sometimes I go down that night instead of waiting until the next day. I had a parcel delivered to your Antrim location today, previous experience tells me if this was a normal day I'd get a text tonight. According to your Christmas schedule any that you receive today will be available for collection Monday morning, which I assume means it will go in the locker the night before. Just wondering is it likely to be tonight it goes in the locker or tomorrow night (I would have thought you'd be more likely to be having your delivery men working a Saturday night than a Sunday night)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Ok thanks a LOT guys
    ALso can anyone check if that laptop will fit in the locker? Sorry for the newbie questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi Orla could I get an answer to this please? Don't see anything about it on the site. Apologies if I have missed it.

Hi PJ, from when the text message is received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    ORLA any joy finding my package???

The one that went missing last week?

Aodhan

Hi Aodhan Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Nolimits wrote: »
    Quick question, most times I use Parcel Motel I get a message about half ten at night, sometimes I go down that night instead of waiting until the next day. I had a parcel delivered to your Antrim location today, previous experience tells me if this was a normal day I'd get a text tonight. According to your Christmas schedule any that you receive today will be available for collection Monday morning, which I assume means it will go in the locker the night before. Just wondering is it likely to be tonight it goes in the locker or tomorrow night (I would have thought you'd be more likely to be having your delivery men working a Saturday night than a Sunday night)
    Just got the text, parcel motel only got the package about 9 this morning in Antrim, colour me impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ok thanks a LOT guys
    ALso can anyone check if that laptop will fit in the locker? Sorry for the newbie questions

The laptop will fit, unless Dell ship it in a huge box which is highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jcomm123

Hi. Quick question. Ordered some dvds from amazon uk. Chances are though that I might be at work when they are delivered and they'll get sent to the an post parcel depot and I wont be able to get out there during work and they'll be returned to Amazon (Learned about ParcelMotel too late :( )

Any chance I can use the option An Post give of resending to a different address to have the sent on to Parcel Motel and I'd be able to pick them up after work then?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Rang today about a package. Was told that they would call me back but they didn't. Tried ringing after lunch and no answer. Just got a message saying that I couldn't leave a message because their mailbox was already full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Signed up for this last night and ordered something of amazon with free delivery in uk. Delivery to Ireland was about 6 euro. So free delivery as I have the first two stays free.

It sounds fairly straight forward. Just wait for it to be delivered.

Just one thing i'm a bit confused about. When collecting your item, you enter your phone number and a code they text you. Do they give you a locker number or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

You type in your phone and pin number and a locker pops open.
    Don't close it by accident with out taking your delivery just in case it doesn't open again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Rang today about a package. Was told that they would call me back but they didn't. Tried ringing after lunch and no answer. Just got a message saying that I couldn't leave a message because their mailbox was already full.

same happened me today. I am waiting on an oversized package . Payment has already been taken from my account. I rang 3 times today and no call back. I think it has been in Dublin since last Friday. getting worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Keith186 wrote: »
    You type in your phone and pin number and a locker pops open.
    Don't close it by accident with out taking your delivery just in case it doesn't open again!

The screen gives you the option to open the locker again in case you would -weirdly- close he locker without taking your parcel out...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

i know this isnt the place,but can someone in boards,please tell me why they are advetsing bid tv,when then dont deliver to ireland,nor can you register on there website,they dont take the irish credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

i know this isnt the place,but can someone in boards,please tell me why they are advetsing bid tv,when then dont deliver to ireland,nor can you register on there website,they dont take the irish credit card.
    Who are advertising bid TV? Parcel motel? Parcel motel provide a uk address so you can avail of free uk delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

boards itself,is advertsing bid tv,in here if you look between posts,there is adds,and one is for bid,one on now for dell,as i say bid dont deliver to ireland,so its a bit stupid advertsing when you dont deliver to a country,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Dont think thats anything to do with boards,i find those ads on a lot of sites and are related to searches you have done,i was on amazon earlier and the ad showing here for me is from amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

apologies if this has been asked already but can oversized items be collected from the local depots (as opposed to Finglas) yet for the standard free (Ballysimon Limerick).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement