Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jsbj

wingnut wrote: »
    apologies if this has been asked already but can oversized items be collected from the local depots (as opposed to Finglas) yet for the standard free (Ballysimon Limerick).

I have collected from Cork, if that helps. What I have found though is that you need to ring to ask for the package to be forwarded on from Dublin, it seems to have default delivery to Dublin, even though your PMID and address is in another County.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

jsbj wrote: »
    I have collected from Cork, if that helps. What I have found though is that you need to ring to ask for the package to be forwarded on from Dublin, it seems to have default delivery to Dublin, even though your PMID and address is in another County.

Seems fair enough. Can a rep confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Hi orla,

I joined parcel motel in early december. For some reason I never received my card with my details in the post though. just ordered my first thing( from amazon.es ) to be delivered by parcel motel :pac:

Hopefully the fact I never received my card doesn't mean there's an issue with the account. All was set up and phone number verified by the text code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

I'd say so. I got a laptop from the UK and the box , I'd say, would have fitted ok. Though you'd want to check with the dimensions of the shipper/sender to be sure. The large storage boxes are fairly big and deep.

I'd say in the future they may change out some of them for larger ones? Who knows, if it takes off, which I'm sure its doing already....

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

hi,

i tried using parcel motel and placed my order, had it shipped ect ect and was waiting on a text to tell me its ready for collection, but, i logged into my account and i have been deducted a nights stay, with no confirmation text so i cant collect my parcel.

so, im being a bit dumb with this.... how do i get my parcel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Hi orla,

I joined parcel motel in early december. For some reason I never received my card with my details in the post though. just ordered my first thing( from amazon.es ) to be delivered by parcel motel :pac:

Hopefully the fact I never received my card doesn't mean there's an issue with the account. All was set up and phone number verified by the text code

I don't think you get any card in the post. I certainly never got one but it hasn't prevented me collecting parcels from the Parcel Motel. All the details you need are in the Account Area on the PM website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

kaahooters wrote: »
    hi,

i tried using parcel motel and placed my order, had it shipped ect ect and was waiting on a text to tell me its ready for collection, but, i logged into my account and i have been deducted a nights stay, with no confirmation text so i cant collect my parcel.

so, im being a bit dumb with this.... how do i get my parcel?

You usually receive the text/e-mail 24 hours after your account has been debited. So you'll probably get the text at 7am tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

jamescd wrote: »
    You usually receive the text/e-mail 24 hours after your account has been debited. So you'll probably get the text at 7am tomorrow morning

ahh awesome, cheers for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi orla,

Hi there. The card is just a reminder of your PMID, you don't need it to use the service. If you PM me your PMID, I will make sure it is resent to you.

wingnut wrote: »
    Seems fair enough. Can a rep confirm.

Hi, yes, oversized items automatically get sent to our Dublin office for collection but if you'd like us to forward to any of our other depots, (Cork, Limerick, Waterford, Galway, Sligo) just let us know and we'll send it there for you for no extra charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Used for the 1st time, did exactly what it said on the tin!
    Brilliant service so far, effortless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well I jumped onto the bandwagon and placed and order with Selfridges during their sale and the parcel was delivered to the Belfast depot on Monday, so I am hoping that according to the holiday schedule I can pick the parcel up today in my local motel (I can see the fee deducted in my account already).

Now what would make the system even better is if you would have the web interface show incoming parcels so that one knows you received it and are processing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Well I jumped onto the bandwagon and placed and order with Selfridges during their sale and the parcel was delivered to the Belfast depot on Monday, so I am hoping that according to the holiday schedule I can pick the parcel up today in my local motel (I can see the fee deducted in my account already).

Now what would make the system even better is if you would have the web interface show incoming parcels so that one knows you received it and are processing it.

Does one not know that ones parcel is being processed as one's account has been deducted the appropriate fee for one parcel for one ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Does one not know that ones parcel is being processed as one's account has been deducted the appropriate fee for one parcel for one ?

If one would only expect one parcel one could make that conclusion but if one is having more than one order pending than one would benefit from having information available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

If one would only expect one parcel one could make that conclusion but if one is having more than one order pending than one would benefit from having information available online.

If you are waiting for multiple parcels, then your account will be deducted accordingly when each parcel arrives :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

So would one then expect another one to be employed to input the details of one's parcels so that one could tell one from the other (one) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

Hi, I see there is a parcel motel in Mullingar.... when will this be going live? Thanks

Just checked my email to see my new phone was signed and delivered to parcel motel at 9:30 this morning :pac:
    what are the odds of it being here in Limerick tonight? from the depot in Belfast .

Moneys been deducted from that account and all that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

Chances are good. It should be there by 7am tomorrow.

eamonnq wrote: »
    So would one then expect another one to be employed to input the details of one's parcels so that one could tell one from the other (one) ?

If you read the FAQ, they are taking a picture of the parcel anyhow and than check-in it in, so at they have already the details of the parcel, so when they deduct the fee, they could enter the senders details. And I would anyhow expect them to track the sender for parcels together with the info (otherwise how would they be able to track it down in case of problems), each parcel is assigned a tracking number. So they could expose this info to the account web interface. Other companies are doing this.

Also in case of oversized packages they could use the web interface to give the customer the choice what to do (I.e. collect or trigger home delivery).

It's just an improvement suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭user1842

Hi, yes, oversized items automatically get sent to our Dublin office for collection but if you'd like us to forward to any of our other depots, (Cork, Limerick, Waterford, Galway, Sligo) just let us know and we'll send it there for you for no extra charge.

Hi Orla,

I sent sent Parcel Motel customer service an email and sent you a PM a few days a ago about redirecting a parcel to Mayo rather than Dublin. The parcel arrived this morning in your Belfast Office. Can you confirm this redirect is in place?

Thanks,

Chances are good. It should be there by 7am tomorrow.
    If it gets delivered tonight do I get the details then or do they wait till the next day to send them on?

New to parcel motel not sure of its ins and outs

I'm expecting it tomorrow morning anyway so it's no issue :pac:

If you read the FAQ, they are taking a picture of the parcel anyhow and than check-in it in, so at they have already the details of the parcel, so when they deduct the fee, they could enter the senders details. And I would anyhow expect them to track the sender for parcels together with the info (otherwise how would they be able to track it down in case of problems), each parcel is assigned a tracking number. So they could expose this info to the account web interface. Other companies are doing this.

Also in case of oversized packages they could use the web interface to give the customer the choice what to do (I.e. collect or trigger home delivery).

It's just an improvement suggestion.

Thanks for the great suggestions. We are currently working on an a new web site and some of the ideas suggested are already planned in the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Since you're now countrywide it might be an idea to allow a user to select which DEPOT they wish to receive oversized items from. Noone from Cork is going to want to travel to Finglas and it perhaps needs an option (which defaults to the nearest depot) that people can select that to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If it gets delivered tonight do I get the details then or do they wait till the next day to send them on?

Did you sign up for email and text notifications? Check your email as they don't send text after 11pm (I think) or before 7am, but you will get an email when it's ready for collection (any time of day).

user1842 wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

I sent sent Parcel Motel customer service an email and sent you a PM a few days a ago about redirecting a parcel to Mayo rather than Dublin. The parcel arrived this morning in your Belfast Office. Can you confirm this redirect is in place?

Thanks,

Hi there, sent you a PM.

Just want to say everything went perfect! Got an email this morning to tell me it was in my local PM to collect.. Then after 7am got another text
    Drove over and got my package with ease :pac:

Will definitely be using PM again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi oral, please can you check to see if my parcel is with you. I got an email saying it had been delivered but no money has been taken from my pm account. Could you just do a quick check please?
    Pm I'd is pm66423
    E

edit, never mind. Text came this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

wife just got a phone call from paypal asking her why she had arranged for a parcel to be delivered to Antrim when she's living in cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

tinner777 wrote: »
    wife just got a phone call from paypal asking her why she had arranged for a parcel to be delivered to Antrim when she's living in cork?

Thats nice that they're making some security checks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement