Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Zardoz wrote: »
    I had an item delivered to Parcelmotel in the North last Friday morning .
    3.50 was debited from my account that day but i havent received any text or email yet .Would it take this long to forward it to a Cork locker ?

Please PM me your PMID and I will check for you.

podge3 wrote: »
    Hi Orla

I have used Parcelmotel several times now and its a great service. I have one little gripe though....

I don't know if this has been pointed out before but customers are charged the full price if more than one package is being delivered on the same day. For example, I had 2 charges made to my card today and both will be delivered tomorrow to the same PM.

While I can appreciate that some extra cost will be incurred on the second package, could a discount be given for multiple packages being delivered on the same day?

The price of €3.50 is based on one parcel per Parcel Motel locker. So each item gets its own locker. Because of the volumes we handle and the way our system is designed it is not possible for us to consolidate multiple deliveries. We designed it this way because our market research told us that the majority of online shopping orders are shipped in a single parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Thanks! I am hoping to have news on Navan very soon. Watch this space for details. :)

I am too holding off on any further purchases till the Navan one arrives... My list is getting long though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ghow

Anybody else noticed that they can no longer get guaranteed next day delivery to parcel motel northern ireland with Amazon Prime?

I used to be able to, but recently they don't give the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Quick question, I've seen some people on here mention that they get an email and a text when a package is ready for pick up. I only get a text and would also like to get an email. I went through the profile options on the parcel motel website but couldn't see anything to enable this. How can I do it? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Quick question, I've seen some people on here mention that they get an email and a text when a package is ready for pick up. I only get a text and would also like to get an email. I went through the profile options on the parcel motel website but couldn't see anything to enable this. How can I do it? Thanks

PM orla with your parcel motel id.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

how long usually takes to deliver parcel from Newtown to Dublin? My package was delivered to North this morning but I'm in a bit rush to pick it up. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

FYI - PC base units will fit in the ParceMotel lockers.

I ordered a base unit from Ebuyer and was unsure if it would fit in the lockers or have to be delivered. I just picked it up from my local PM and it fitted in a medium sized locker - just.

Obviously it will depend on the size of the base unit and the packaging but I reckon most should fit in the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

It should be in you local PM tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Can someone explain how I fill out the delivery docket when an item is UK delivery only? I have my PMID but am lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Log into your account,click on account details,scroll down to end of page and tick the box next to 'we would love to keep in touch...' that should do it

Hi there. PM me your PMID and I'll switch on email notification for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hi there. PM me your PMID and I'll switch on email notification for you :)

Could you do that for me too? Thanks. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

So I got an item delivered that parcelmotel says is 'oversize'. Its in finglas which is 100miles away.

Any ideas what I can do? Will pm deliver further?
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Fantastic service guys! I have waited for a service like this for a long time.

I hope Nightline / Parcel Motel go from strength to strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Used it for the first time and got the text with the pass code this morning.

This service is fantastic. Plain and simple. I feel it opens doors for the Irish consumer with regards internet shopping.

Great idea. Well pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Dr Nic wrote: »
    So I got an item delivered that parcelmotel says is 'oversize'. Its in finglas which is 100miles away.

Any ideas what I can do? Will pm deliver further?
    Thanks!!

If you contact them (Phone/E-mail/Webform/PM) they will arrange delivery for you to your home address for an additional €10.50 (if it's under 35 kgs, otherwise have a look at their pricing page).

I had that recently and it's great service, 14€ for getting a heavy parcel from NI down here is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I've used the service twice so far and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up my first package today in Sligo..

.. all went smoothly!

Am hoping it remains busy for them, but I do think some more promotion may help.

Blacknight wrote: »
    I've used the service twice so far and love it

I wonder who does their hosting? ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Achilles wrote: »
    I wonder who does their hosting? ;-)

:)

We don't - their site is with some lot in the UK

Blacknight wrote: »

:)

We don't - their site is with some lot in the UK
    They should migrate. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

any update on a wexford PM opening

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

anyone know the phone number for the depot up north I want to add it to my ebay address
    edit
    I found it
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PX
    Phone +44 (0) 28 9084 8411
    Fax +44 (0) 28 9084 8176
    Email belfast@nightline-delivers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Made my first order with Chemist Direct yesterday so I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Can someone explain how I fill out the delivery docket when an item is UK delivery only? I have my PMID but am lost

??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

??

It has been answered several times in the thread. Just use this address as per PM site:
    The site I wish to purchase from offers free delivery to the UK but there is a charge for deliveries to the Republic of Ireland. Can I avail of the free delivery with Parcel Motel?
    Yes. Simply give the Parcel Motel UK Address (below) as your delivery address and your parcel will arrive at your local Parcel Motel in Ireland. All you will need to pay is the Parcel Motel transaction charge.

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE
    https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/faqs/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any update on a PM for Athlone?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi, first time using Parcel motel today. I ordered four small items from Amazon.ie. They will be delivered to the address in Antrim. Will I get free parcel motel post on all of these, or will I have to pay for two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi, first time using Parcel motel today. I ordered four small items from Amazon.ie. They will be delivered to the address in Antrim. Will I get free parcel motel post on all of these, or will I have to pay for two?
    If they're shipped in seperate boxes, you'll pay for each box individually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement