Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Basq wrote: »
    If they're shipped in seperate boxes, you'll pay for each box individually.

It'll cost me €7 so for the other two. Will I have to top up my account before I get the pin to collect?

Thanks for the reply Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Deedsie wrote: »
    It'll cost me €7 so for the other two. Will I have to top up my account before I get the pin to collect?

Thanks for the reply Basq
    Your account will need to be topped up before delivery to the warehouse in Antrim..

.. otherwise, they'll be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Basq wrote: »
    Your account will need to be topped up before delivery to the warehouse in Antrim..

.. otherwise, they'll be rejected.

I don't think thats right, i'm fairly sure they'll contact asking for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I don't think thats right, i'm fairly sure they'll contact asking for payment
    Sorry.. you're right!

I got mixed up with packages with duty due being rejected.

Are there any promo codes for parcel motel available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Had two parcels delivered through parcel motel this week. One was a little slow. About 4 or 5 days between antrim receiving it and it arriving in waterford. The other was about a day. neither parcel were urgent so cant complain and ill be using it much more from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi, first time using Parcel motel today. I ordered four small items from Amazon.ie. They will be delivered to the address in Antrim. Will I get free parcel motel post on all of these, or will I have to pay for two?

That depends on wether they'll be combining your order or not.

Achilles wrote: »
    That depends on wether they'll be combining your order or not.

I don't think they will to be honest, they are all from different sellers/departmaents. I topped up my account by €10.50 anyway. €17.50 will cover everything. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Just wondering, when will the money be deducted from my account? I presume it'll be when it gets processed by either Antrim/Finglas?

Also, when an item is coming from Antrim, does it come direct to my motel or does it pass through Finglas also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The Mullingar Parcel Motel is currently at the testing stage. This can take up to between a week and 10 days. Apologies for the wait, please bear with us and we hope it will be worth it in the end :)

Any update on this Orla?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi Orla

Quick question, I change my account to Pay As You Go so I don't need to have money in the account, do we receive notifications by email when money is taken from credit card to let us know about it? I think it will be handy so we know a parcel is on the way.

Thanks

Why doesn't anyone ever answer my questions?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

It's my first time using PM, the item I have ordered arrived in Antrim this morning but they haven't debited my account yet. Any idea how long it takes to get down to Cork? Will I get it before weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Why doesn't anyone ever answer my questions?:pac:
    Cuz they've been asked many many many times before and are answered on the PM site.

Cuz they've been asked many many many times before and are answered on the PM site.

If I could see the answers I wanted on the PM website I wouldn't be here asking, would I?

• On the 10th of December you posted this:
    If I buy an item off ebay.co.uk and get it sent to the Antrim branch but still want it down here in Tipp/Limerick, How do I do so? Do I put the Finglas branches address or what? I've heard it's been done by a poster over in the cycling forum but would like confirmation and a process to do so?

After getting a bit of abuse you got the following reply:
    BroLo wrote: »
    No need to be rude. There is a search function for this thread, and also it's explained on the PM website.

You fill in the Antrim address if you want the company to give you free/cheaper UK shipping (if available) and they deliver it to your chosen motel for the 3.50 charge.

If there's no advantage to using the Antrim address (cheaper/free shipping) and/or you are using it for the convenience factor then you may as well use the Finglas address.

You signalled that you understood but then strangely a few weeks later:
    Can someone explain how I fill out the delivery docket when an item is UK delivery only? I have my PMID but am lost

That must have been some Christmas you had as it seems you're suffering from amnesia. If you're unable to grasp the concept of a forwarding address then life must be a nightmare for you. It's quite possible if you continue in this vein that you'll break the internet.

On the 10th of December you posted this:

After getting a bit of abuse you got the following reply:

You signalled that you understood but then strangely a few weeks later:

That must have been some Christmas you had as it seems you're suffering from amnesia. If you're unable to grasp the concept of a forwarding address then life must be a nightmare for you. It's quite possible if you continue in this vein that you'll break the internet.

Clearly, I thought I understood but when it came to the time I didn't. Didn't really ask for a lecture I simply wanted a reply.

What good is telling me its been answered in thread loads of time in a thread that has hundreds of posts?

Anyway, good day.

• Not trying to lecture you mate. Did you not get the email from Parcel Motel when you signed up with the their two addresses on it and full instructions on how to use the service?

Not trying to lecture you mate. Did you not get the email from Parcel Motel when you signed up with the their two addresses on it and full instructions on how to use the service?

No e-mail got.

Hi Jimmy Hoffa,

Thank you for registering with Parcel Motel.

Your PMID is: PM2468

Welcome to Parcel Motel and thanks for registering. Your Parcel Motel Identification Number is PM2468. By now you will have selected your nearest Parcel Motel location so you’re all set to go.

Simply shop away online on any website and when it comes to entering a delivery address enter your name and your PMID and then enter either of these two addresses:

Use this address for most deliveries:

Jimmy Hoffa
    PM2468
    Parcel Motel
    Unit 5 Mygan Park
    Jamestown Road
    Finglas East
    Dublin 11
    Ireland

Use this address when shopping on sites that delivery to the UK only or offer free UK Delivery:

Jimmy Hoffa
    PM2468
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

The reason we are giving you an option of the UK address is that some websites ship to UK addresses only. Also, some websites offer free delivery to UK addresses only. So if you come across a website like this then why not avail of their free delivery! All you have to pay is the Parcel Motel delivery charge or if it’s one of your first two free drops then it will be completely free!

Once your parcel has arrived at Parcel Motel we will send you a text containing a secure PIN number. Your parcel is now ready for collection at your local Parcel Motel. When you arrive you simply key in your phone number followed by the PIN number for this delivery and ‘Hey Presto’ a door will swing open with your parcel inside. And remember Parcel Motel is open 24 hours a day so call in at anytime that suits you.

And that’s it! Yes, it’s that simple. No more wasted time waiting around and lot’s more time to shop. Any questions feel free to call us on 1890 24 17 17, find us on facebook or log on to www.parcelmotel.com.

Your Parcel Motel Team.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that. My PMID was only text to me at time of registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Cheers for that. My PMID was only text to me at time of registration.

Hi there, that wasn't your PMID, that was the verification code for mobile phone number. Please PM me your name and I will check your registration.

Hi there, that wasn't your PMID, that was the verification code for mobile phone number. Please PM me your name and I will check your registration.

No problem.

Is it normal for a parcel to arrive in Antrim and sit there for a couple of days before it goes anywhere? My parcel arrived in Antrim yesterday morning but my PM account still hasn't been debited? I am just kind of worried as I've heard lots of bad things about the company that was delivering it to Antrim. Orla, is there any way you can check that it was actually delivered there for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Just picked up parcel in Roscommon , My Parcel had the following hand written on it

Letterkenny 1
    Sligo 4
    Longford 2
    Roscommon 8

That's a lot of driving for 52.50 , Hope things improve as those daily figures would make it hard for the service to be profitable !

• Yup I've been wondering how they're operating at only €3.50 a shot. Hopefully they won't fold as my Auntie in Northern Ireland is delighted to be free of forwarding stuff to me. Twas costing her a fortune! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

galait wrote: »
    Just picked up parcel in Roscommon , My Parcel had the following hand written on it

Letterkenny 1
    Sligo 4
    Longford 2
    Roscommon 8

That's a lot of driving for 52.50 , Hope things improve as those daily figures would make it hard for the service to be profitable !

Yeah but they are piggie backing on the Night Line service which is probably in the areas stated anyway.
    Its also then getting there foot in the door first. Internet shopping will take a bigger bite of consummer spending as time goes by. Parcel Motel are playing a very good game at becoming a household nae for home delivery.

Guys, if my parcel arrived at PM in Antrim yesterday morning, they should have taken 3.50 out of my account by now, shouldn't they? I called them and they're saying there's nothing due to be delivered to my motel but the tracking for the courier in the UK says customer signature received 8.45am yesterday. Anyone else had this kind of problem? PM say I need to find out who signed for it so they can confirm it was one of their staff. Tried calling the courier company in the UK but they will only deal with the person who sent it. Have contacted the person who sent it and they're trying to get proof of delivery.

Argh. I knew this was too good to be true! :(

brokenarms wrote: »
    Yeah but they are piggie backing on the Night Line service which is probably in the areas stated anyway.
    Its also then getting there foot in the door first. Internet shopping will take a bigger bite of consummer spending as time goes by. Parcel Motel are playing a very good game at becoming a household nae for home delivery.

I have used the service alot 15 to 20 times since early December and over 90% of the Notification emails have arrived around 1 am and the txt @ 7 am ,

• Advertisement

Toxica wrote: »
    Guys, if my parcel arrived at PM in Antrim yesterday morning, they should have taken 3.50 out of my account by now, shouldn't they? I called them and they're saying there's nothing due to be delivered to my motel but the tracking for the courier in the UK says customer signature received 8.45am yesterday. Anyone else had this kind of problem? PM say I need to find out who signed for it so they can confirm it was one of their staff. Tried calling the courier company in the UK but they will only deal with the person who sent it. Have contacted the person who sent it and they're trying to get proof of delivery.

Argh. I knew this was too good to be true! :(

I have had around 15 parcels delivered via Antrim Depot and the only issue has been that I ran out of credit and this caused one parcel to be delayed by 1 day !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement