Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

Just picked up my first delivery from Milltown. No issues and saved myself £10- postage.

Thanks to OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

please stop texting me at 7am. i dont have to get up that early lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

is it possible to add another delivery address to amazon account.

tia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

stanley1 wrote: »
    is it possible to add another delivery address to amazon account.

tia

Yes the direct link is here, if that doesn't work, click on My Account scroll down to Setting and there you should have Address Book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

[sheepish U turn] Despite my hysteria of muggings and the apocalypse, earlier in the thread. I am now a customer of Parcel Motel. [/sheepish U turn]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

if your looking for the parcel motel collect point at topaz in glasnevin,it is at the back of the forecourt,behind the car wash,as i got stuff posted there,it was sent back,then i got it sent to the topaz garage on the old cabra road,handy to pick up,no problems with the codes or entering phone number,will use the service again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I had the issue with my Mobile number not getting sent the code and a quick email to their CS sorted it out in minutes.. Impressive turnaround :) Now to Order that SanDisk Sansa Clip+ mp3 player Amazon keep refusing to send me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I had the issue with my Mobile number not getting sent the code and a quick email to their CS sorted it out in minutes.. Impressive turnaround :) Now to Order that SanDisk Sansa Clip+ mp3 player Amazon keep refusing to send me :D

When did you sent the email?. I have had the same problem but still waiting for a response. Well, I sent the email 3 hours ago, maybe I am being a little bit impatient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

i ordered stuff from parcel motel,just to try it out,i have yet to order anything from amazon,or ebay,but from what i did order i got it quick enough,specially when most uk retaillers,will give free p&p to products shipped to the uk,if i could only get bid tv,and studio to deliver,id be a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I just received the response from parcel motel. They have manually activated my account :)

The Northern Ireland address is great, in ebay.co.uk you can find really good bargains (for example in Argos outlet), but they only send to UK addresses

• Advertisement

what happens when you get to parcel motel, how do you know which box to go to.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

what happens when you get to parcel motel, how do you know which box to go to.

TIA

You enter the details on the screen and the box with your package pops open - you don't need to know which one it is.

If you are really lucky, a small child is standing in front of your box and gets hit with the door !

ok, thanks, can you tell me what details and how do I get them.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

ok, thanks, can you tell me what details and how do I get them.

Regards

You enter your mobile phone number and the pin that they send when they notify you that there is a package for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

just ordered batman begins/the dark knight on blu-ray triple disc for 19.99 euro delivered.
    As I still have free deliveries from parcel motel (had 3)
    Happy days...

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Begins-The-Dark-Knight/dp/B007X4KU42/ref=dp_ob_title_dvd>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Glad to say that I've just paid for my first topup - they're actually making money from me now, and I'm only too glad to pay it.

Excellent service !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Did anyone receive anything from China or outside the EU yet?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

ontour2 wrote: »
    If you are really lucky, a small child is standing in front of your box and gets hit with the door !

Nearly spilled tea all over my keyboard, brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just signed up... looking forward to saving a few quid with it. Also waiting for them to come to Meath!

Clonsilla is a bit far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

**** you Amazon, four MicroSD cards shipped in two different lots.

:o Just my luck. I still think I save about €3 euro in postage, not sure either if the cards could have been shipped here at all. They're the Ultra (red and grey) Samsung 16GB MicroSD cards.

---

Just to add, anyone else being prompted to 'fix' the Parcel Motel address by the Amazon address auto corrector.

Spits out a different postcode (BT36 4PE ??) and drops Mallusk from the address. Everything else the same.

• Advertisement

look at the option on top line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

In case anyone else was wondering what the story is with the "Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 1" location, I emailed asking about it and got a reply:

"Grand Canal Dock is Dublin 2 and our map is wrong. We are currently in the process of fixing it.  The Motel on Grand Canal Dock is at the Hanover Quay end, beside Milano's restaurant outside the Spar."

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Dont know if anyone saw this but I saw a depot in Newbridge at the Maxol near the Motorway, handy for those of us in Laois...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

quaalude wrote: »
    In case anyone else was wondering what the story is with the "Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 1" location, I emailed asking about it and got a reply:

"Grand Canal Dock is Dublin 2 and our map is wrong. We are currently in the process of fixing it.  The Motel on Grand Canal Dock is at the Hanover Quay end, beside Milano's restaurant outside the Spar."

Is that near the Grand Canal Theatre?

edit : Yes it seems to be.

The maps seem up to date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

If you order goods to belfast, they collect them and bring them down to finglas, if they dont fit in the box and you have to collect it at the depot is there an extra charge or is it still 3.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

AdrianII wrote: »
    If you order goods to belfast, they collect them and bring them down to finglas, if they dont fit in the box and you have to collect it at the depot is there an extra charge or is it still 3.50?

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/

Under 25 kgs: it is included in the €3.50.

Over 25 kgs: In addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €3.50 per 10kgs (over the 25kgs) or part thereof per parcel.

is it possible to use parcel motel address on ebay.co.uk and how exactly do you implement it.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Paracetamol link on how to format address on Amazon:

http://parcelmotel.web20.redantdev.com/_assets/images/Amazon-Addresses.jpg

sorry, I have amazon sorted, it's ebay.co.uk I need.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

is it possible to use parcel motel address on ebay.co.uk and how exactly do you implement it.

Thanks

My ebay > Account > Addresses > View All postal Addresses > add a new address

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement