Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

galait wrote: »
    I have had around 15 parcels delivered via Antrim Depot and the only issue has been that I ran out of credit and this caused one parcel to be delayed by 1 day !

Have you had any in the last couple of days? I thought maybe the snow is slowing them down? Otherwise, it's not looking good. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Toxica wrote: »
    Have you had any in the last couple of days? I thought maybe the snow is slowing them down? Otherwise, it's not looking good. :mad:

Yes 3 arrived in Antrim yesterday and 2 arrived to motel early to-day , the 3rd one was delayed due credit running out and it looks as if I will have it to-morrow

Yes 3 arrived in Antrim yesterday and 2 arrived to motel early to-day , the 3rd one was delayed due credit running out and it looks as if I will have it to-morrow

Oh, guess it's not the snow's fault then. More than likely it's the UK courier. Should've known this wouldn't run smoothly for me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No e-mail got.
    No tickee, no shirtee....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Well my package arrived today, all be it not the one I really want but that's not PM's fault. Turns out my registration was all good Orla.

Cheers to anyone who helped/slated me recently. I know what I'm doing now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Esel wrote: »
    No tickee, no shirtee....

No Tickee, No Landry ... :-)

I had my credit reduced on Parcel motel yesterday indicating that my parcels arrived in the Antrim depot? I was hoping they would be delivered to my motel today, but I haven't received any word yet? Will I have to wait till Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Anyone finding that ebayers (UK) won't use this service? I've asked two now that have refused..

Anyone finding that ebayers (UK) won't use this service? I've asked two now that have refused..

Maybe don't ask and just use it although that's what I did and it appears my parcel has gone missing. :confused: Although I'm sure the seller would have told me if they didn't want to send to that address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is their a mainland Uk address some places charge to deliver to Northern Ireland.
    Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I've had multiple items from Ebay UK sellers delivered to the Belfast address with no questions asked and delivered with no issues. It could be mainland UK deliveries only maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Have used private E bayers a couple of times with no problems.some only post to mainland UK,otherwise i dont see why they should have a problem or even if they are allowed to refuse to post to a UK address if they state that they do.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is their a mainland Uk address some places charge to deliver to Northern Ireland.
    Many thanks in advance.

If you mean for parcel motel then its a no,but dont think you will come across that happening too often,its more often a case that a place doesnt deliver to NI at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Toxica wrote: »
    Maybe don't ask and just use it although that's what I did and it appears my parcel has gone missing. :confused: Although I'm sure the seller would have told me if they didn't want to send to that address.
    Dingatron wrote: »
    I've had multiple items from Ebay UK sellers delivered to the Belfast address with no questions asked and delivered with no issues. It could be mainland UK deliveries only maybe?
    NATLOR wrote: »
    Have used private E bayers a couple of times with no problems.some only post to mainland UK,otherwise i dont see why they should have a problem or even if they are allowed to refuse to post to a UK address if they state that they do.

One said mainland UK only, another said he'd only use a courier that he trusts... an extra £13.20 directly to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just want to say brillian service had a text yesterday morning that package was ready for collection in Texeco Lucan collection point! Fantastic.
    It would be good to have a list of retailers who normally wouldn't ship to Republic that we could use this service for eg we know about ebuyer for example anyone else of note that we can use now?

One said mainland UK only, another said he'd only use a courier that he trusts... an extra £13.20 directly to me.

Is it an expensive item? If so its probably worth spending the extra tenner,as PM only cover losses on items valued up to €100

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

if your like me store the northern irish address in ebay uk,that way when you shop,you can see if the seller will deliver there,also the cost,a lot of uk sellers,will only deliver to uk mainland,i dont think it has anything to do with parcel motel,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

if your like me store the northern irish address in ebay uk,that way when you shop,you can see if the seller will deliver there,also the cost,a lot of uk sellers,will only deliver to uk mainland,i dont think it has anything to do with parcel motel,

Parcel Motel would surely have no bearing on the seller posting stuff to NI? It hardly costs more to post to NI from the mainland?

Parcel Motel would surely have no bearing on the seller posting stuff to NI? It hardly costs more to post to NI from the mainland?

Possibly some sellers wold be wary of posting to a courier depot they arent familiar with, the chance of the parcel going astray and the trouble that would potentially cause

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

If using royal mail then no. I does not cost any more to post to NI.

But if they are using Parcel Force or some other courier then it will cost more to post to NI.

But have a look at the description on the listing.
    Unless they say "mainland only" the seller can not come back to you after the sale asking for more money. That is against ebay's conditions

Its up to them to state correctly the postage terms. Don't contact them before hand unless asked to.
    If your address is parcel motel then you have no reason to contact them about postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Possibly some sellers wold be wary of posting to a courier depot they arent familiar with, the chance of the parcel going astray and the trouble that would potentially cause

Strange cause that's none of their concern (or trouble). Once parcel motel signs for your package the seller has fulfilled it's obligation as he/she will have proof of delivery. If it goes missing from that point onwards it's not their problem, they don't have to do anything (refund/reship/investigate).
    For example if you raise this with PayPal and the seller has a tracking number with proof of delivery to the address you provided (parcel motel) then no refund will be made if the package is lost after delivery to PM.
    You're covered by PM though in this unlikely event (haven't heard or seen it reported here) up to €100....
    I have seen/contacted plenty of sellers on eBay though that charge more for NI, some even the same or more than direct to IE...

Follow the advise above is best though. If they say they ship to all uk addresses don't ask just order, if they say mainland only just ask for postage cost to NI (and IE in case it's cheaper) but don't specify it's parcel motel, like I said its none of their business...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Duzzie

brokenarms wrote: »
    If using royal mail then no. I does not cost any more to post to NI.

But if they are using Parcel Force or some other courier then it will cost more to post to NI.

But have a look at the description on the listing.
    Unless they say "mainland only" the seller can not come back to you after the sale asking for more money. That is against ebay's conditions

Its up to them to state correctly the postage terms. Don't contact them before hand unless asked to.
    If your address is parcel motel then you have no reason to contact them about postage.
    I had a seller on Amazon do that to me, got straight on to Amazon and hey presto, my order was sent out with the free UK delivery that was offered when I ordered. As stated above, if sent using royal mail, there is no difference in cost but if sent by courier, there is an additional cost to send to NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Well my package arrived today, all be it not the one I really want but that's not PM's fault. Turns out my registration was all good Orla.

Cheers to anyone who helped/slated me recently. I know what I'm doing now :pac:
    :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

Any one notice delivers are slow this weekend, had the €3.50 taken from my account Friday morning and I've still haven't got a text or email notifying me for collection and its now Sunday evening. I know the parcel was delivered to Antrim but two and a half days from Antrim to Dublin is a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

mp 1973 might have something to do with the weather,the weather around the country is bit mad,maybe they have snow or roads are bad in antrim.give it time,

mp1973 wrote: »
    Any one notice delivers are slow this weekend, had the €3.50 taken from my account Friday morning and I've still haven't got a text or email notifying me for collection and its now Sunday evening. I know the parcel was delivered to Antrim but two and a half days from Antrim to Dublin is a bit slow.

Same as that , My Parcel was delivered Thursday @ 11.30 am , I got a txt saying I was out of credit , Topped up then called them before 1 PM , Was told Parcel would be on its way , Did not show up Friday and account was debited on Friday , Still no sign , I am afraid things are starting to Slip ,

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

thought it might be weather related, just wanted to check had anyone had the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

2 debits on fri no parcels yet.

Same as that , My Parcel was delivered Thursday @ 11.30 am , I got a txt saying I was out of credit , Topped up then called them before 1 PM , Was told Parcel would be on its way , Did not show up Friday and account was debited on Friday , Still no sign , I am afraid things are starting to Slip ,

They must have had a few issues at the weekend going on the last few posts.Think you are a bit harsh to say things are slipping, I think PM have and are providing an excellent affordable service that has saved a lot of people a lot of money,long may it continue.

They must have had a few issues at the weekend going on the last few posts.Think you are a bit harsh to say things are slipping, I think PM have and are providing an excellent affordable service that has saved a lot of people a lot of money,long may it continue.

When I called on Friday to query non delivery I was met with a very "Highly Strung" lady , Lots of attitude and lecturing ,

• Advertisement

When I called on Friday to query non delivery I was met with a very "Highly Strung" lady , Lots of attitude and lecturing ,

Every lady i know is like that :D

Hope you get your stuff soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement