Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Orla......I know that it has been posted previously BUT what is update on a KERRY depot??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Just got a reminder email and reminder text?????? I didn't get any notifications, I hope they don't try and charge extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Regular parcel moteler-noticed a couple of times lately I'm getting a reminder message and yet I havent had the first text or email to tell me its there??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

NATLOR wrote: »
    They must have had a few issues at the weekend going on the last few posts.Think you are a bit harsh to say things are slipping, I think PM have and are providing an excellent affordable service that has saved a lot of people a lot of money,long may it continue.
    Unfortunately its going on longer than last weekend.
    I had an item arrive in the depot in the North on Jan 3rd (recorded delivery) and I never received any notification text or email to say it had arrived at my local depot the following day.I waited a few days for notification as i guessed it could take a few days to make it down the country, but it never came so I emailed parcelmotel to be told it had arrived in my local depot on the 4th and I had been notified by text.I had supposedly been sent a reminder too.

Parcelmotel said they would resend the item and text me when it had arrived.I also asked to be emailed .
    A week passed yet I received no text or email so I emailed again to be told the item had been in the local depot for the last 3 days and I had been alerted and also sent a reminder.:confused:
    I quickly made it to the depot as it had expired its 48 hour stay and just got it on time.
    I never received any text or email to say the item was in the depot.
    My phone number was correct on the system ,I had received a verification code when setting the account up.

I am reluctant to use the service again , while its a good service ,there are a few gremlins in the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Regular parcel moteler-noticed a couple of times lately I'm getting a reminder message and yet I havent had the first text or email to tell me its there??

Just got the reminder email/txt , I will be pissed if the item has been there for 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

mp1973 wrote: »
    thought it might be weather related, just wanted to check had anyone had the same problem

Got a text late last night so it must be weather thats slowing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

This happened to me too. €3.50 taken out of my balance on Friday, no word all weekend, then I had a text and email when I woke up this morning saying "Reminder: your parcel is still available for collection.."

I collected it first thing, and I don't know how close to the end of the 48 hours that was, but its a bit worrying that I didn't get any initial notification, just a reminder which could have been too late??

elekid wrote: »
    This happened to me too. €3.50 taken out of my balance on Friday, no word all weekend, then I had a text and email when I woke up this morning saying "Reminder: your parcel is still available for collection.."

I collected it first thing, and I don't know how close to the end of the 48 hours that was, but its a bit worrying that I didn't get any initial notification, just a reminder which could have been too late??

Just checked my text again and it also has reminder on it. maybe the PM rep can explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

quikquest wrote: »
    Hi, I see there is a parcel motel in Mullingar.... when will this be going live? Thanks

This was posted on 3rd January and Orla said a week to 10 days. Still not listed on the site? Any news on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    This was posted on 3rd January and Orla said a week to 10 days. Still not listed on the site? Any news on this?

There is 1 in Limerick just across the road from Nightline that has still to be enabled , Don't hold your breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Got that "reminder" text myself last night, when I went around this evening to collect, the indicated door didn't open - oh dear! The screen said to ring the 1890 number which rang out to a full voice mail box - yikes!

I hope everything is ok w them, I love this service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Got that "reminder" text myself last night, when I went around this evening to collect, the indicated door didn't open - oh dear! The screen said to ring the 1890 number which rang out to a full voice mail box - yikes!

I hope everything is ok w them, I love this service...

Sorry this happened. Please PM me your PMID and I'll check.
    Everything is OK with us, we're going strong, just sometimes some machines have small technical difficulties, we try to get these sorted asap.

Just checked my text again and it also has reminder on it. maybe the PM rep can explain.

Please PM me your PMID and I'll check, thanks.

Hi Orla,
    Sent you a pm regarding the reminder text and no previous one received.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I do love you parcel motel :D

Orla, Can I suggest you put on in Tipperary town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Seems like I've had the same experience as a few posters above. Received a 'reminder' text and email on Sunday night to pick up my parcel, went to pick it up on Monday evening @ 1800 in the Topaz in Cabra and the door wouldn't open with message on the screen to call customer services. Did that, but they couldn't help much. Based on the above posters, I guess the original notification didn't send for whatever reason and I was after the 48hrs when I tried yesterday evening.

Received a call back from Orla shortly after that who said she would get someone to check on the delivery and come back to me with a solution.

Since then I've received a 'stay expired' email and text asking again to call the customer services number.

Going to wait until the afternoon to call and see if I hear back again from Orla. Not a brilliant first experience with the service but not totally put off yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I had something similar happen. Got something delivered to the motel and got the text late on Sunday night. Didn't get a chance to collect it yesterday and got a 'stay expired' email late last night.

I thought that the stays didn't expire and that you'd just be charged for an extra stay. Definately didn't happen within the 48 hour window anyway.

I've sent a PM to Orla to see if she can resolve and hopefully I'll hear back from her. If not I'll give them a call later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

xebec wrote: »
    Seems like I've had the same experience as a few posters above. Received a 'reminder' text and email on Sunday night to pick up my parcel, went to pick it up on Monday evening @ 1800 in the Topaz in Cabra and the door wouldn't open with message on the screen to call customer services. Did that, but they couldn't help much. Based on the above posters, I guess the original notification didn't send for whatever reason and I was after the 48hrs when I tried yesterday evening.

Received a call back from Orla shortly after that who said she would get someone to check on the delivery and come back to me with a solution.

Since then I've received a 'stay expired' email and text asking again to call the customer services number.

Going to wait until the afternoon to call and see if I hear back again from Orla. Not a brilliant first experience with the service but not totally put off yet!
    Achilles wrote: »
    I had something similar happen. Got something delivered to the motel and got the text late on Sunday night. Didn't get a chance to collect it yesterday and got a 'stay expired' email late last night.

I thought that the stays didn't expire and that you'd just be charged for an extra stay. Definately didn't happen within the 48 hour window anyway.

I've sent a PM to Orla to see if she can resolve and hopefully I'll hear back from her. If not I'll give them a call later today.

Guys, i'm just wondering if your parcels like mine went went through antrim. if so i was wondering if its a problem with the antrim depot when they send the text/email through or is it throughout all ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Guys, i'm just wondering if your parcels like mine went went through antrim. if so i was wondering if its a problem with the antrim depot when they send the text/email through or is it throughout all ireland.

Yes I did but you only receive the text when the driver has dropped it into your local Parcel Motel and updated the machine to say that it's there.

• Advertisement

Yep, Amazon delivery through Antrim depot. Seems more like a weekend delivery problem than a depot problem though? Assume it would have passed through Finglas for distribution to the Dublin PMs?

Orla any updates what's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I got an email from customer support this morning saying there had been an issue with text notifications over the weekend due to the weather and they were extending my stay by 48 hrs.

My particular motel (Cabra Topaz) also had a technical fault so I'm waiting for word on that getting sorted.

c

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I got an email from customer support this morning saying there had been an issue with text notifications over the weekend due to the weather and they were extending my stay by 48 hrs.

My particular motel (Cabra Topaz) also had a technical fault so I'm waiting for word on that getting sorted.

c

Same here, looks like its a third party fault rather than PM themselves. Orla said "We didn't remove any of the expired parcels and we won't be charging anyone for extended stays." which is some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Phoenix wrote: »
    what sizes are the post boxes where these items are kept until they are delivered closer?for instance if I use amazon.co.uk and want to avail of the free UK delivery,have the item delivered to Antrim but turns out the item in question is too big to fit etc what then?
    It's all answered on their site.

Not your ornery onager

Same here, looks like its a third party fault rather than PM themselves. Orla said "We didn't remove any of the expired parcels and we won't be charging anyone for extended stays." which is some help.

Does that mean I should be able to call up this evening and use my existing PIN despite the stay expired email?

xebec wrote: »
    Does that mean I should be able to call up this evening and use my existing PIN despite the stay expired email?

Going buy the email i got from Oral i would say yes. Maybe you should PM here directly to be sure.

This is the text from the email i got from her;

"Hi Mark

We've just received confirmation from our SMS service provider that they had an issue with messages on Friday. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We didn't remove any of the expired parcels and we won't be charging anyone for extended stays.

Thanks

Orla"

Going buy the email i got from Oral i would say yes. Maybe you should PM here directly to be sure.

This is the text from the email i got from her;

"Hi Mark

We've just received confirmation from our SMS service provider that they had an issue with messages on Friday. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We didn't remove any of the expired parcels and we won't be charging anyone for extended stays.

Thanks

Orla"

But what about the email notification :confused:

quikquest wrote: »
    Ill ask again Orla

Any date on when the Parcel Motel will be live in Mullingar? I see its their at Topaz on Lynn Rd.

Great news! Parcel Motel Mullingar is now open for business! :D:D:D
    It's at O'Brien's Topaz on Lynn Rd. Happy shopping ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Great news! Parcel Motel Mullingar is now open for business! :D:D:D
    It's at O'Brien's Topaz on Lynn Rd. Happy shopping ;)

YEAH!!!!

Now this is what I have been waiting for....

My first motel was in Lucan
    Then got closer in Trim

Now I have a much much closer one

Thanks Parcel Motel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement