Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

nig1 wrote: »
    any parcel motel in wexford?
    Not yet, but there is one due, dont know when though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The Christmas Delivery schedule is still up on the website. Might be an idea to remove that, looks like an unloved company with an unloved website! Just FYI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hi Orla,

I sent an email regarding a free stay - a promotion via Online Shopping Ireland, a few weeks back.

I gave the promo code in the email for the free stay, but never heard anything back. Is that offer still valid?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I ordered an oversized item as they packed 3 items into one box.

I see on the website that you can collect from he Nightline Depot at no additional cost. Is it only the Finglas Depot this applies to? As I'm very close to the depot in Little Island in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I ordered an oversized item as they packed 3 items into one box.

I see on the website that you can collect from he Nightline Depot at no additional cost. Is it only the Finglas Depot this applies to? As I'm very close to the depot in Little Island in Cork.

If you ring PM they will forward it onto Little Island for you. Or PM Orla on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

If a parcel were to arrive at PM in NI on a Friday, would it be at the PM on Monday or does PM forward items on during the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

N64 wrote: »
    If a parcel were to arrive at PM in NI on a Friday, would it be at the PM on Monday or does PM forward items on during the weekend?

Usually Friday or saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Toxica wrote: »
    If you ring PM they will forward it onto Little Island for you. Or PM Orla on here.

Thanks Toxica. Item is to be dispatched on Monday, so will do that once I have tracking number.

Great service is Parcel Motel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Hey, so it's going to be my first time using this tomorrow. I'm buying something off Ebay, now how exactly will Parcel Motel know that the package they get is my order?

I mean it's being shipped from the buyer to the UK given address, how will Parcel Motel know it's mine exactly? I'm confused at this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Resi12 wrote: »
    Hey, so it's going to be my first time using this tomorrow. I'm buying something off Ebay, now how exactly will Parcel Motel know that the package they get is my order?

I mean it's being shipped from the buyer to the UK given address, how will Parcel Motel know it's mine exactly? I'm confused at this part.

Your name and PH number will be in the address. If you dont have one yet, you will need to go to the PH website and register .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

You have your own personal PMID number

brokenarms wrote: »
    Your name and PH number will be in the address. If you dont have one yet, you will need to go to the PH website and register .
    If you are using PM tomorrow surely you have signed up and been on the website already where everything is explained:confused:

• I want to order something from Amazon US. If I get it sent to PM's NI address I'll save over €20. I'm worried about customs though. I think I read PM will reject any items that there is customs duty on. However I think when ordering from Amazon themselves they add in the charge at checkout (I can see a Import Fees levy). Has anyone used PM for this and did it work OK? Orla will you reject the item? Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I want to order something from Amazon US. If I get it sent to PM's NI address I'll save over €20. I'm worried about customs though. I think I read PM will reject any items that there is customs duty on. However I think when ordering from Amazon themselves they add in the charge at checkout (I can see a Import Fees levy). Has anyone used PM for this and did it work OK? Orla will you reject the item? Thanks! :)

There is ways around this.

I found if I post the package with my southern address and write N. Ireland on the country. It will get sent to Belfast and then put on a train for Dublin. Avoiding customs.
    I would not use PM for your package . I think they may reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I want to order something from Amazon US. If I get it sent to PM's NI address I'll save over €20. I'm worried about customs though. I think I read PM will reject any items that there is customs duty on. However I think when ordering from Amazon themselves they add in the charge at checkout (I can see a Import Fees levy). Has anyone used PM for this and did it work OK? Orla will you reject the item? Thanks! :)

I bought something from Amazon US and they added a "customs deposit" when i checked out, to cover any customs charges. They then paid the clearing agent out of this deposit. The order was direct from Amazon rather than through Amazom Marketplace.That's how it worked for me. I used the Antrim address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

McLoughlin wrote: »
    You have your own personal PMID number

Oh my God, I totally didn't even spot the part where it says to put the PMID. I get it now, I was so totally confused. Good thing I gave it a second look!

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Oh wait, no. I'm trying to enter my PMID into my address on eBay but there's no more space to do so. Should I put it in the same line as my name? Is that alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

Has anyone else had trouble with the parcel motel screen if its raining and the screen is wet. everytime i tried to type my number or code the rain seemed to cause the screen to reset.

Oh my God, I totally didn't even spot the part where it says to put the PMID. I get it now, I was so totally confused. Good thing I gave it a second look!

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Oh wait, no. I'm trying to enter my PMID into my address on eBay but there's no more space to do so. Should I put it in the same line as my name? Is that alright?
    This is how your e bay address should look

your name
    pmxxxx parcel motel
    1a mckinney road
    newtownabbey,antrim bt364pe
    united kingdom

Your name and PMID are the most important details so give them them a line each, use the home street address box for your PMID

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

After registering do you get something in the post from Parcel Motel?

I thought I read somewhere that you get a welcome pack of sorts that includes a card for picking up deliveries from depots (for stuff that won't fit in lockers) or something? If so how long does it normally take to arrive?

Champ wrote: »
    After registering do you get something in the post from Parcel Motel?

I thought I read somewhere that you get a welcome pack of sorts that includes a card for picking up deliveries from depots (for stuff that won't fit in lockers) or something? If so how long does it normally take to arrive?

I think some people got a welcome pack through the post but I didn't. Pretty sure you don't need a card to collect outsize items from depots, just your name, PMID and text from PM on your phone is all you need I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Are there any plans to have a Germen address? Or other EU countries for that matter?

Was just looking at something on German Ebay and they won’t post outside Germany.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

scotchy wrote: »
    Are there any plans to have a Germen address? Or other EU countries for that matter?

Was just looking at something on German Ebay and they won’t post outside Germany.

Make them an offer they can't refuse. ;-)

scotchy wrote: »

Always worth asking the individual seller, although they may state on their listing that they won't ship outside Germany, I have found that some will actually ship some items to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is there any news on being able to post parcels through the parcel motels? I know it states on the website that it is part of the parcel motel road map but can we get an eta? Will it be this year? Next year? Is there anything been done on it at the minute? Would be great for trade ins on books and games with Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Toxica wrote: »
    Always worth asking the individual seller, although they may state on their listing that they won't ship outside Germany, I have found that some will actually ship some items to Ireland.

Yeah, done all that before Thanks.

Even flew over and back to Frankfurt in a day to collect a Banjo once. That was when you could get a return flight with Ryanair for a tenner. Of course being Ryanair it wasn't really Frankfurt that they flew into and I had to rent a car, but it was a nice day out. :)

I just thought that now Parcel motel has its network of lockers in place this might be the next step.

Have bought some nice motorbike stuff from Germany and Italy before but not all sellers there are prepared to post to Ireland.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

^^^what was so special bout this banjo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

How easy is it to switch between addresses once you have your Irish address and parcel motel address.
    On ebay for example. Can you do this during the Paypal payment (Flip between addresses) or do you have to manually change it in settings.

And is there any issues between ebay and paypal, should I make the PM address the home address on both sites... or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I usually manually change it before I buy something on eBay. On PayPal I never change it (mine's neither Irish nor uk btw) as it is my billing info there's normally no problem with this being different to the delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    How easy is it to switch between addresses once you have your Irish address and parcel motel address.
    On ebay for example. Can you do this during the Paypal payment (Flip between addresses) or do you have to manually change it in settings.

And is there any issues between ebay and paypal, should I make the PM address the home address on both sites... or does it matter?

Just add it to your ebay, its easy to switch if you need to. Once you've paid its only cost you the UK delivery amount so if the seller is silly enough to send it to the irish paypal address it saves you time and money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

FAO Parcel Motel representative.

I went to register, and never got a text message to my phone.
    Can I get some help please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement