Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

^^^what was so special bout this banjo?

You've no idea.

I checked out the guys history on EBay before I went over, his main business on eBay was selling men’s size women’s high heel shoes.

His house was in the middle of nowhere and I was on my guard the whole time I was there.

I got a beautiful banjo though.

True story.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

scotchy wrote: »
    His house was in the middle of nowhere and I was on my guard the whole time I was there.

I got a beautiful banjo though.
    Is it a duelling banjo by any chance?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Esel wrote: »
    Is it a duelling banjo by any chance?

1.26 in :cool:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hi all :)

A question about parcel motel. Say if I was to order 3 items from amazon.co.uk at once. But I do not know if they will be sent as one package or seperate. Do I have to pay a charge on each package?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

Hi all :)

A question about parcel motel. Say if I was to order 3 items from amazon.co.uk at once. But I do not know if they will be sent as one package or seperate. Do I have to pay a charge on each package?

you pay for each package.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Any update on the Cavan motel? This would help me out a little more than you have done already by opening the Mullingar motel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭big_drive

Picked up my first parcel today. Great experience, very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

so when you add the ebay address for parcel motel for the north do you need to change the address on paypal or leave it alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

so when you add the ebay address for parcel motel for the north do you need to change the address on paypal or leave it alone?
    You dont need to change paypal address,just leave it as is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

big_drive wrote: »
    Picked up my first parcel today. Great experience, very happy with it.

Same. Twice this week, saving about €24 on UK > Ireland delivery. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Some more positive feedback for PM. Had a seller post next-day delivery from UK to the NI address. The item arrived in my Dublin locker at 10 PM of the arrival day in Antrim! Top work. Have bought some more credits after using my two free stays and have recommended the service to several of my friends.

PS - Orla, you guys should try to add all the PM locations to Foursquare. Handy place to check-in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Orla, I wish you guys wouldn't advertise for pixmania on your facebook account, they are an organisation which puts its customer service on the bottom of a very long list of priorities, the first of which is to overcharge you for an item which they may or may not deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jameshayes wrote: »
    Orla, I wish you guys wouldn't advertise for pixmania on your facebook account, they are an organisation which puts its customer service on the bottom of a very long list of priorities, the first of which is to overcharge you for an item which they may or may not deliver.
    While I agree with you regarding Pixmania, they're hardly advertising them.

They're simply advertising potentially worthwhile deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just wondering of there is a problem with the website.

When I try to log on I get a website error saying it has being logged.

I got to log on once and it crashed with the error.

Tried it with several browsers on different machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dingding wrote: »

I just tried it, and no error using firefox. Logged in first time all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

no problem with chrome

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

dingding wrote: »

Everything running OK our end. PM me if you need help with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

Hi All,

Just starting using Parcel Motel and it is fantastic. A cheap, quick and efficient service. I would certainly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've used Parcel Motel about 3 times already and have been very pleased, I had ordered a product I knew would be oversized, but under 25kg, so still only cost €3.50 of my credit and I'd collect in Finglas. It arrived in Belfast yesterday morning and I was expecting it to arrive in Dublin this morning and maybe I coudl collect today. I rang them at around 5 and still nothing and they said it was in Belfast the last they could see.

I got a text around 22:00 this evening to say my package was waiting in my local parcel motel, I went down, popped in the code curiously as I knew it wouldn't fit in any of the lockers and one locker popped open and all that was inside was an envelope which contained the invoice for what I bought :confused:

Very strange, where's the thing I bought?? I'll have to ring them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cormie wrote: »
    I've used Parcel Motel about 3 times already and have been very pleased, I had ordered a product I knew would be oversized, but under 25kg, so still only cost €3.50 of my credit and I'd collect in Finglas. It arrived in Belfast yesterday morning and I was expecting it to arrive in Dublin this morning and maybe I coudl collect today. I rang them at around 5 and still nothing and they said it was in Belfast the last they could see.

I got a text around 22:00 this evening to say my package was waiting in my local parcel motel, I went down, popped in the code curiously as I knew it wouldn't fit in any of the lockers and one locker popped open and all that was inside was an envelope which contained the invoice for what I bought :confused:

More than likely the company have sent you the invoice first which is treated as a package by PM,would be worthwhile sending the company you purchased from an e mail asking them not to sent any mail,catalogue's etc to that address as you will be charged for them :(

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    My 2c (although off-topic - sorry Mods): based on what I have read here on Boards about Pixmania (and there have been pro- and con- posts...) I would be very wary of buying anything from them.

What is this Facebook thing of which you speak anyway? Is it the Twitter Machine I hear Vincent Browne slurring about?

OT: Parcel Motel rocks.

Not your ornery onager

Orla, be afraid. Be very afraid! :)

Not your ornery onager

NATLOR wrote: »
    More than likely the company have sent you the invoice first which is treated as a package by PM,would be worthwhile sending the company you purchased from an e mail asking them not to sent any mail,catalogue's etc to that address as you will be charged for them :(

I don't know if that would be a good (means the product isn't lost) or bad (down three fiddy!) thing :o. They aren't picking up the phone even though it says their Saturday hours are 08:00-14:30 and it's costing me around 11c if I don't hang up before the connection is made, not to mention the fuel to get to the motel last night for my envelope :D

Them bits were added for you Esel :)

I got through eventually but I'm none the wiser.

The lady just said that all they received was the envelope and they have a picture of it and everything and that I'd have to get in touch with the sender to find out.

The tracking info I got from the customer clearly stated the product description with that shipment was what I had ordered. They actually shipped with Nightline to the parcel motel in the north too, so it's been with Nightline the whole time and not like Royal Mail delivered to PM in Norther Ireland.

So is this "picture" they took of the order taken when items arrive in the Dublin depot or when items arrive in the North? I can't imagine the company just sending an invoice :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Everything running OK our end. PM me if you need help with anything.

Pm sent.

Tried again today and still getting the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Slighty weird question but how would you guys feel about a couple of tyres arriving at the depot?
    Im only down the road from the Finglas Depot but I cant get them delivered to work & they dont ring before delivery :o
    Therell be biscuits in it for you? :pac:

Chinpool wrote: »
    Slighty weird question but how would you guys feel about a couple of tyres arriving at the depot?
    Im only down the road from the Finglas Depot but I cant get them delivered to work & they dont ring before delivery :o
    Therell be biscuits in it for you? :pac:

This is OK with us but please read https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/ before you order so that you are fully aware of the charges involved for the weight and dimensional weight (or space the items take up). PS We're still on the new year resolution so no biscuits necessary.

I got through eventually but I'm none the wiser.

The lady just said that all they received was the envelope and they have a picture of it and everything and that I'd have to get in touch with the sender to find out.

The tracking info I got from the customer clearly stated the product description with that shipment was what I had ordered. They actually shipped with Nightline to the parcel motel in the north too, so it's been with Nightline the whole time and not like Royal Mail delivered to PM in Norther Ireland.

So is this "picture" they took of the order taken when items arrive in the Dublin depot or when items arrive in the North? I can't imagine the company just sending an invoice :confused:

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Signed up ages ago for a PM account but only used this service for the first time today. Very impressed with the speed of the delivery. One thing though. Im nearly sure when I registered I got to select a motel location, in my case glasnevin avenue topaz. I could be mistaken though. Anyway, I got my text message and just thought Ill go to glasnevin ave but the text message says it was at glasnevin cemetary topaz. I know its my fault entirely for not reading the text but is the motel location determined at random by the driver or can I set it myself as I cant find much info on my account page. Also the placement of the motel in topaz glasnevin cemetary is down the back corner behind the shop and not signed, just guessed it was in the back corner. A little dodgey. Would it not be better to place these out front where people can see them and feel a little safer? Although it may stop random acts of vandalism if they are out of sight

Edit: Ive read the FAQ and changed my PM location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

slunk you can change your parcel motel,from your account log into your account,and there is a drop down box for you to change your pm location,i changed mine to charlestown,so go into your account,and its there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement