Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

First time using Parcel Motel
    Had a problem with Amazon recognising the NI Ireland address
    Ended up sending to :
    My Name
    PMID
    Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY, CO ANTRIM BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

This is slightly different from the address I was given when i registered. I had to ommit Mallusk and the postal code was BT36 4PX.

Will this address work as posted here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

BT36 4PE (BT36 4PX also works)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

First time using Parcel Motel
    Had a problem with Amazon recognising the NI Ireland address
    Ended up sending to :
    My Name
    PMID
    Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY, CO ANTRIM BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

This is slightly different from the address I was given when i registered. I had to ommit Mallusk and the postal code was BT36 4PX.

Will this address work as posted here?
    You are fine with that,the Mallusk part was dropped off the address a while ago,you can check the PM website to confirm that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

What to put when it asks about phone number? Parcel motel number - it won't accept irish number.

I was tryin +44 (0) 28 9084 8411 but it is not working - asda direct.
    Ok it is working like that 02890848411.

All went fine. Any one else was ordering from asda few products?
    Delivery usually within 3 to 5 days. All Items despatched individually
    does it means that if i ordered 3 products(2 same) i will get them in 3 separate packages - what then - will parcel motel send it as 3 or one?
    Sorry for silly question but it is the first time i am using parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

loki7777 wrote: »
    What to put when it asks about phone number? Parcel motel number - it won't accept irish number.

I was tryin +44 (0) 28 9084 8411 but it is not working - asda direct.
    Ok it is working like that 02890848411.

All went fine. Any one else was ordering from asda few products? does it means that if i ordered 3 products(2 same) i will get them in 3 separate packages - what then - will parcel motel send it as 3 or one?
    Sorry for silly question but it is the first time i am using parcel motel.

If Asda send them as separate packages, then each will be treated individually by Parcel Motel and thus charged for 3 parcels; if Asda send as one package, then just a single charge. As has been mentioned before, be careful if ordering a umber of items from Amazon, as they can dispatch them as one or more, depending where the stock is dispatched from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 102091101

Any way to get tracking once the parcel is with parcelmotel? been 2 days since arrival in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Libera wrote: »
    If Asda send them as separate packages, then each will be treated individually by Parcel Motel and thus charged for 3 parcels; if Asda send as one package, then just a single charge. As has been mentioned before, be careful if ordering a umber of items from Amazon, as they can dispatch them as one or more, depending where the stock is dispatched from.

Yep I know about amazon, lets hope asda don't do that:) Otherwise i will send my free credits at once:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Question for ye ( I Pm'd Orla Friday but haven't recieved a response yet )

Am I intend buying a big TV 42 inch off the Internet as I've found a nice deal and have discount code from a purchase before.

But my problem is I'm never at home during the day to sign for the delivery.

I'm based in Cork City so I want to know is there any depot for large parcels around the area for Parcel Motel? Nightline base maybe?

Don't mind paying extra once I can collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Question for ye ( I Pm'd Orla Friday but haven't recieved a response yet )

Am I intend buying a big TV 42 inch off the Internet as I've found a nice deal and have discount code from a purchase before.

But my problem is I'm never at home during the day to sign for the delivery.

I'm based in Cork City so I want to know is there any depot for large parcels around the area for Parcel Motel? Nightline base maybe?

Don't mind paying extra once I can collect it.

They have a base in little island afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

They have a base in little island afaik

Do they accept collection there so? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Do they accept collection there so? :D

From their faqs
    what happens if the item I have ordered does not fit into a Parcel Motel locker?

We will notify you by SMS text and Email to let you know if your parcel does not fit into one of the lockers and ask you to contact us to make alternative arrangements, which include onward delivery or an option to collect at our National Distribution Centre in Finglas, or one of our regional Nightline Depots. Additional Charges may apply in these circumstances. Please refer to our prices explanation page for more information.

Looks like they will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi All,

I logged onto PM, can anyone tell me where on the site it gives you your account balance. Doing a few orders so want to make sure I have credit in the tank

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I logged onto PM, can anyone tell me where on the site it gives you your account balance. Doing a few orders so want to make sure I have credit in the tank

Cheers

Oops, found it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I ordered something last week and still haven't got a message, which I found a bit odd to be honest. Surely it wouldn't take that long? So I went onto the website to make sure I put the correct mobile number in and it's coming up a recent transaction since today, so now my account is 3.50. Does that mean my parcel is here or what?

I thought I was supposed to get a message when it was picked up? My number was rightly put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Resi12 wrote: »
    I ordered something last week and still haven't got a message, which I found a bit odd to be honest. Surely it wouldn't take that long? So I went onto the website to make sure I put the correct mobile number in and it's coming up a recent transaction since today, so now my account is 3.50. Does that mean my parcel is here or what?

I thought I was supposed to get a message when it was picked up? My number was rightly put in.

It means it has been received in the Antrim/Dublin depot. Should be in your local motel either tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Oh, that's brilliant so! I was planning to go into town today but sure I can wait till tomorrow so.

Thanks a million for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My package turned up at the depot and I collected it today, got another package I ordered delivered this evening. I just noticed I have a "card" payment of €21 taken from my account. I wasn't made aware of this at all. Also, I've had 3 payments taken (2x €3.50 and 1 x €21) in the last 5 days. I've ordered two separate items, the oversized one and another one which I collected from my local motel this evening. This €21 is news to me. Will have to find out what the story is again tomorrow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Just wondering is there any way of turning on email notifications on the PM site or are they automatically enabled as well as the text when your parcel is ready for collection?

Im waiting for a new phone to arrive to my PM so need the email to come through as I don't have a spare phone at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Finally got to use the service today,all I can say what a service great idea and so easy.and made about €10 in a saving on postage.i for one will be standing a PM in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

From their faqs
    what happens if the item I have ordered does not fit into a Parcel Motel locker?

We will notify you by SMS text and Email to let you know if your parcel does not fit into one of the lockers and ask you to contact us to make alternative arrangements, which include onward delivery or an option to collect at our National Distribution Centre in Finglas, or one of our regional Nightline Depots. Additional Charges may apply in these circumstances. Please refer to our prices explanation page for more information.
    Looks like they will :)

Didn't realise this was possible, thought it was Finglas only!

Orla, is there any additional charge for picking up an oversized parcel at a regional depot? I read the price explanation page but it only mentions Finglas when it says Under 35kg = no extra charge. The oversized stuff I want to order would only be around 5kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dear Parcel Motel Customer

We’ve got some exciting news! At Parcel Motel, we like to give our customers what they ask for.

We’ve listened to your feedback and suggestions and we’re delighted to tell you that next week we’ll be launching a new version of our website with lots of new features and functionality.

In order for us to complete the changeover to the new site, our current site will not be available from 9am on Friday 8th February until 9am on Monday 11th February. This will not affect parcel delivery in any way but you will not be able to log into the site. Therefore, if you’re expecting any parcels, please ensure that your balance is topped up before 9am this Friday.

We’ll let you know when the new site is live.

Kind regards

The Parcel Motel Team

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,
    First time Parcel Motel user here.
    Made my first order a few days back (used Antrim address) and today my account has been debited €3.50 so I assumed it arrived safely in Antrim.

How long do you think I'll have to wait before it arrives down south in my selected Parcel Motel?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,
    First time Parcel Motel user here.
    Made my first order a few days back (used Antrim address) and today my account has been debited €3.50 so I assumed it arrived safely in Antrim.

How long do you think I'll have to wait before it arrives down south in my selected Parcel Motel?

Thanks.

Quite often would arrive tonight, if not tomorrow. If after 11 you wont get a text till 7am, but you should get an email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

anybody know of a Parcel Motel equivalent IN the UK ??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Picked up my first parcel today. Kudos on this, excellent service will be using weekly me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Davy wrote:
    If after 11 you wont get a text till 7am, but you should get an email

Checked my e-mails and got a mail from Parcel Motel with a PIN to get my package. It arrived ~5:30 am.

Still no text (typing this at ~7:48 am)? Not a problem in the sense that I got the PIN via the e-mail just curious if the texting system is working right? Yes my mobile no. is correct as I got the registration text during initial sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote: »
    My package turned up at the depot and I collected it today, got another package I ordered delivered this evening. I just noticed I have a "card" payment of €21 taken from my account. I wasn't made aware of this at all. Also, I've had 3 payments taken (2x €3.50 and 1 x €21) in the last 5 days. I've ordered two separate items, the oversized one and another one which I collected from my local motel this evening. This €21 is news to me. Will have to find out what the story is again tomorrow :mad:

Folks does anyone know when this dimensional/volume weight was introduced? The very first package I got months ago when PM first opened was oversize, which I knew it would be so I checked the charges and don't remember seeing anything on dimensional weight. I picked it up free of charge (just the initial 3.50 - one of my first free stays) from Finglas. The €21 I've mentioned above was apparently calculated by dimensional weight and taken from my card without me being aware of any charges for collecting the package (it was big, but still..). Anyway, the rep I was on to said it's been put back on my account (my PM balance is still 0.00 so I'll wait and see if it comes back on my bank account) and that it would be taken off when I collect the package, but I explained I'd already collected it. So a good bit of confusion over this delivery. He said he'd refund it as a good will gesture so hopefully it shows up soon.

Orla, any chance you can check if the refund has been processed please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

cormie wrote: »

Folks does anyone know when this dimensional/volume weight was introduced? The very first package I got months ago when PM first opened was oversize, which I knew it would be so I checked the charges and don't remember seeing anything on dimensional weight. I picked it up free of charge (just the initial 3.50 - one of my first free stays) from Finglas. The €21 I've mentioned above was apparently calculated by dimensional weight and taken from my card without me being aware of any charges for collecting the package (it was big, but still..)

I think those charges have always been there. An oversized package doesn't automatically mean additional charges. If the dimensional weight and the actual weight are less than 35kgs there is no additional charge (provided you collect it). Maybe your first oversized package fell within these limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Excellent, just logged in to parcel motel to check on a package, and you can now see tracking references, delivery company and even a picture of your parcels.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Champ wrote: »
    Checked my e-mails and got a mail from Parcel Motel with a PIN to get my package. It arrived ~5:30 am.

Still no text (typing this at ~7:48 am)? Not a problem in the sense that I got the PIN via the e-mail just curious if the texting system is working right? Yes my mobile no. is correct as I got the registration text during initial sign up.

Please PM me your PMID and I will check. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement