Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

snubbleste wrote: »
    Orla on RTÉ Radio1 now :D

Go Orla! nice plug for PM ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Very positive piece.. I can see business improving substantially :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah God, so nice to hear you Orla! You soukd like a pro!

Well done :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Whats she look like? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

lowelife wrote: »
    Whats she look like? :rolleyes:

She has a face for the radio :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

if anybody is looking for the clip,its from the derek mooney show,so find that,a good plug for pm,i can see business increasing somewhat,pity they didnt mention the excellent customer service from pm and of course orla,a good plug for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I ordered an iPad from Komplete.ie, got it delivered to the Dublin PM address via UPS.. It says it was delivered and signed for by yesterday.

Yet there is no history of it being processed in my Parcel Motel Account...

Hoped to wake up to a text message to say I could collect it today :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Best you can do really is - Just keep calm and struggle on :P

Seriously though, they are pretty good with the CS, just give them a call and see if they can track it down for you. But personally I wouldn't chance such a high value item to this method of delivery, unless you have alternative insurance cover because the standard PM cover isn't that high AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dinkydee

Any chance people might post some of the companies they have used parcel motel with, that has been successful eg.Amazon, EBay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

amazon.co.uk
    mands.co.uk
    disneystore.co.uk

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Here is Orla on the radio for anyone that missed it (like me).

Skip to 01:09:55 for the start of the ParcelMotel segment, or 01:17:25 for the lovely Orla ;)

http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#type=radio&rii=9%3A10108801%3A82%3A13%2D02%2D2013%3A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I keep forgetting theres a reason to use parcel motel other than for uk delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

Also used matalan.co.uk

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Just wondered do parcel motel send texts/emails on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just wondered do parcel motel send texts/emails on Saturday?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Thanks Davy.

Don't think I've ever used a service as good as Parcel Motel. Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting theres a reason to use parcel motel other than for uk delivery!

It's all have found a use for it for.

Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Chet T16 wrote: »

What's the reason ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Kace wrote: »
    What's the reason ?
    Not being at home for An Post / courier, and delivery to work is not an option.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kennyboy13

Hi just wondering has anyone had any problems since yesterday ..
    I got a parcel delivered thru the Belfast depot and it was signed for yesterday and account debited ..wen I check online it just says in transit Belfast ????

Any help would be great

I emailed customer service but no reply

Do they work Saturdays ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I wonder if it would be possible for Parcel Motel to implement some kind of system to accept parcels that need customs charges paid? Like if the customer had a credit card linked to their PM account that could be charged directly in the case of duty being owed on a package? Maybe make it an opt-in system and set some kind of limit on the maximum allowable custom fees payable, say $50 or so? Might not be possible to implement such a system, but just a suggestion.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Got an email notification today for first time, up until now have only every gotten a txt, no email. Today got both. Wonder is this part of what they were fixing on site..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

I ordered a parecl from Scotland and it was delivered to Pacel Motel in Newtownabbey on Saturday morning. I got a text at 7.30 and I collected the parcel at 8pm.Its a brilliant service and at weekends is even faster than having it deivered by post. Well done an it was my first time ever. Until this week I was a Parcel Motel Virgin now I am going to feel safe and look forward to a pleaseureable experience every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

I wonder if it would be possible for Parcel Motel to implement some kind of system to accept parcels that need customs charges paid? Like if the customer had a credit card linked to their PM account that could be charged directly in the case of duty being owed on a package? Maybe make it an opt-in system and set some kind of limit on the maximum allowable custom fees payable, say $50 or so? Might not be possible to implement such a system, but just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we're looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

copacetic wrote: »
    Got an email notification today for first time, up until now have only every gotten a txt, no email. Today got both. Wonder is this part of what they were fixing on site..

On the new site, we've switched email notification on for everybody. It's important to have it on in cause there's a problem with the mobile network.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Hi Orla,
    I haven't looked through this whole thread and a search did not find me the answer so apologies if this has already been answered. I noticed a couple of months ago that a Parcel Motel had been placed next to Pat Keoghs garage on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick. I would have expected this to have been operational by now and is the reason I still haven't registered on the parcelmotel.com website. I cannot find it in your registration's drop down box or in the locations map and have cancelled my registration again. Will this be an operational venue or has it been discontinued?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

I've a quick question, is the Parcel Motel on the Cork Road the Topaz beside Morris's DIY or is it the one further out beside the Yellow house pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Do Parcel Motel have any other depots on the continent that can be used similar to the Belfast one? I was thinking of Germany specifically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kate_ru

I've got a problem with my parcel. It was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey on the 14th, and I still haven't got it.
    First I was told seller put wrong PMID, but they managed to find the parcel and were going to send it to Dublin for me. But now they tell me it's lost again!
    I'm unlucky with this postage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement