Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Kate_ru wrote: »
    I've got a problem with my parcel. It was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey on the 14th, and I still haven't got it.
    First I was told seller put wrong PMID, but they managed to find the parcel and were going to send it to Dublin for me. But now they tell me it's lost again! Not the best service I would say.

Hardly Parcel Motel's fault if the person you bought something from screwed up the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Achilles wrote: »
    Hardly Parcel Motel's fault if the person you bought something from screwed up the address.

But if they said that they found it and then they lost it ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    But if they said that they found it and then they lost it ?

That's why they cover the cost of the packages for up to €100, there's always a risk with using *any* delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I dont know has it been mentioned, but the user experience of the new website design is brutal! Im not sure what was wrong with the last one that it needed to be changed!

A few points on it

Main page:
    • It does not describe what you are/what you do, even at a high level. "The best way to manage your online shipping and deliveries" isn't descriptive enough (on the about us page "Shop online anywhere in the world then collect it at a Parcel Motel near you at a time that suits you." is much better.)
    • That dial on the right looks like buttons, they look clickable
    • Im not sure why options such as "FAQ" are hidden behind the "About us" button. You have plenty or real estate... use it!
    • Logging in should be WAY more obvious. You should probably have the username and password box in view without the need to click a button and go to a new page. At very least the button should be renamed to contain the word "Login". I should the site to a friend of mine and asked them to login, it literally took them 30 seconds to find the right button!

When you are logged in:

More of a challenge than a point. While logged in find out what address to post something to in Belfast.

I asked my girlfriend, she literally clicked every button other than the one that would get you back to the page that contains such info. "Contact Us" or "Log out" is the only way to get back to the page with the FAQ. This is absolutely crazy! Put an FAQ button up "home", "settings", "contact us" you have plenty of space for it!

On another note, I think you should have a link from the settings page that shows the exact address you should post it to so instead of having to go to the FAQ page and seeing this:
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

There should be somewhere on the settings page where I can see the address exactly how my account should use it
    Witness MeNow
    PM012345
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

That's all I can think of for the moment.

By the way, I love the service!

Yeah the new site design functionality is great but the design leaves alot to be desired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ste_g

I've got a problem with my parcel. It was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey on the 14th, and I still haven't got it.
    First I was told seller put wrong PMID, but they managed to find the parcel and were going to send it to Dublin for me. But now they tell me it's lost again!
    I'm unlucky with this postage.

im having same kinda problem today

normally all is very good with these guys

waiting on a parcel that was delivered the 14 nopmid on it so only looking for it today in the unidentified section

then had one checked inn on saturday to be delivered this morning but no sign

rang and emailed said its on the van for delivery today ????/

anyone else having problems

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Waiting to hear about a package that was sent first class from Wales last Wednesday, the destination was Newtownabbey (to avail of UK delivery), still no word, could it take that long? I used to use my friend in Fermanagh for UK deliveries and he'd always get it in a day two days on a rare occassion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Waiting to hear about a package that was sent first class from Wales last Wednesday, the destination was Newtownabbey (to avail of UK delivery), still no word, could it take that long? I used to use my friend in Fermanagh for UK deliveries and he'd always get it in a day two days on a rare occassion

If the PMID was labelled correctly etc it might be the reason. Have you used the particular company and save address to parcel motel successfully?

I have had a package shipped friday evening from mainland uk and in belfast before lunchtime on saturday with registered royal mail

I doubled check the order and the pmid and address are perfect. This is my first time using parcel mote. Maybe the seller mistyped the pmid or in fact used second class mail or something cheaper, its ebay by the way. edit=> i contacted the seller and it was a problem on his end ie a delay in dispatch (the chancer of course lied and said it was dispatched when in fact it wasn't). I'm sure all is fine with Parcel Motel and it should arrive tomorrow or the next day!

I doubled check the order and the pmid and address are perfect. This is my first time using parcel mote. Maybe the seller mistyped the pmid or in fact used second class mail or something cheaper, its ebay by the way. edit=> i contacted the seller and it was a problem on his end ie a delay in dispatch (the chancer of course lied and said it was dispatched when in fact it wasn't). I'm sure all is fine with Parcel Motel and it should arrive tomorrow or the next day!

Oh and can I add Orla from Parcel Motel private messaged me without any prompting offering to help, really top notch customer service, it really says a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

i have used parcel motel since before christmas and I've had a good few items coming via the north. i have never had any problems with them and i always think of using them when ordering online.

thanks PM, keep up the good work

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've used ParcelMotel four times now and everything arrived exactly when I expected it, very happy with the service,

Great to see a company filling a demand in the marketplace with a very reasonably priced service and being helpful to its customers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm registered but haven't had a chance to use it yet.Despite being in a reasonably sized town the nearest PM is a 70 Km round trip.
    Luckily I have good neighbours who take stuff for me. I occasionally get parcels by Nightline - the man is a gent, if I'm not at home he remembers which neighbours to go to.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kate_ru

my parcel was found, all good! got it! Thanks ParcelMotel!

The problem was in the "name" field length on the seller's side. I put PMID in the name row after my name. And there was not enough space either on the address label or in the name field on the seller's side. So simple. But ParcelMotel was good finding the delivery.

I would advise Parcel Motel to warn users to put their PMID before the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I want to top up my account by €10.50, for 3 stays, but the slider on your new site only goes up in increments of 1 euro. How do I
    pay this amount?
    Also, I didn’t receive any text message for an item delivered to the Autobahn last Mon 18/2/2013, I only got an email.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eoing1 wrote: »
    I want to top up my account by €10.50, for 3 stays, but the slider on your new site only goes up in increments of 1 euro. How do I
    pay this amount?
    Also, I didn’t receive any text message for an item delivered to the Autobahn last Mon 18/2/2013, I only got an email.
    Thanks

Pay 11.00 and then next time you will only need to pay 3 for one stay, or 10 for 3.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Pay 11.00 and then next time you will only need to pay 3 for one stay, or 10 for 3.

Just seems strange you can't pay for 1 stay is all :)

eoing1 wrote: »
    Just seems strange you can't pay for 1 stay is all :)

You can if you go pay as you go.

my parcel was found, all good! got it! Thanks ParcelMotel!

The problem was in the "name" field length on the seller's side. I put PMID in the name row after my name. And there was not enough space either on the address label or in the name field on the seller's side. So simple. But ParcelMotel was good finding the delivery.

I would advise Parcel Motel to warn users to put their PMID before the name.

If you follow the format that they mention on their website then this won't happen... at all. So in a sense Parcel Motel are already 'warning' people not to put a PMID in their name field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Great news! When you buy a phone from the O2 online store (http://www.o2online.ie/shop/) you can now get it delivered to your Parcel Motel for free :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My Order from farnell UK was shipped yesterday using Ups express. It checked in at the Ups depot in newtownabbey this morning at 5:40am. When should I get in Limerick?

My Order from farnell UK was shipped yesterday using Ups express. It checked in at the Ups depot in newtownabbey this morning at 5:40am. When should I get in Limerick?

Later on tonight or early tomorrow.

Is parcelmotel.com down for anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Arithon

Is parcelmotel.com down for anyone else

It was for me, at around the time you posted; I couldn't log in for a while. But it seems fine now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Has anyone had parcels listed as oversized when they leave the Belfast depot and then turn into regular sized parcels?

I have one at the moment and I am 99.9% sure it is not oversized but is coming up as it is.

I'm getting webpage error?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Same here. Cant log in to top up account and I have a parcel waiting:(

mdfire wrote: »
    Same here. Cant log in to top up account and I have a parcel waiting:(
    Try logging in with chrome browser, working fine for me

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Several thoughts.

Would have been VERY happy to have a service like this a while back, it makes things SO much easier. Been using it for a while now, and very happy with the way its working, had several items same day as they arrived in Belfast, can't argue with that sort of speed of service,

Pay as you go. It works well, would be nice to have a facility like Easytrip, have a top up value pre set, when account hits a low limit, top up by the preset. Better than having lots of bank charges as each item is a charge. Pain if there's 2 or more items in a day, as each goes through separately at the moment. Would save having to remember to log on to do a top up

Import. Yes please, so that items coming from (say) china, or USA, can be processed through the system. Would need to have data for VAT registration where appropriate though.

VAT invoice. Facility to get a copy invoice or statement please. One option might be to use the receipt printer that is in the Motel already, option in the user profile to say, auto print receipt with VAT on it, not that many will want it, but those that do, really do, and using the Motel Printer would make it easy to do.

If sender is using Nightline to collect and deliver item to their customer, can parcel motel be used without extra charge as sender has paid Nightline to deliver, or is PM still extra charge? Would be perfect for people like service engineers who are being sent parts from central warehouse, as they don't have to wait at home for parts to arrive.

Screens at the Motels. Make some of the ICONs a LOT larger, so they are easier to (a) find on a bright day and (b) don't have to be hit quite so accurately. Right now, there's a huge white space that's wasted, and some of the icons are not always easy to see on a bright day, depending on what time it is, and where the sun is.

Option to pre book an item, then put it INTO a motel for delivery to either another motel for a different person, or to go into the Nightline system for onward delivery to where ever. Best way would be to have a web page to enter all the delivery details so that it's prebooked, and can be prepaid, then you send a text/mail similar to the collect, which then is used to open an empty box at the motel for the parcel to be put in, for collect when the next van run is done. Motel printer could be used to give sender a receipt.

And in passing, there's nothing to say that the person booking the pick up has to be the person sending, this could be a good way for a company to get items for repair sent to them, things like that, they book the collect, and the person sending is then sent a text, and can leave it in, company receives, repairs and returns the same way.

That will do for now, hope this stirs some marketing ideas for the relevant people.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I like the idea of also having import parcels collected from my parcel motel as with small items (speak AnPost) one never knows when they arrive.

SwissPost for eample just started putting "parcelmotels" out and it will even be possible for parcels posted from abroad to be delivered to automated parcel terminals. The relevant customs duties can be paid directly at the parcel terminal via cashless payment using all major credit cards or the PostFinance Card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement